Air Hostess Diploma Course: A career as an Air Hostess is a dream for many! It is considered to be a very glamorous job. A Diploma Course in Air Hostess or cabin crew is a one-year-long course that can be pursued by people above the age of 18.
The admission process of the scores is based on the merit of the student in 10 + 2 or entrance exams conducted by individual institutes or universities. There are different specializations such as a diploma in cabin crew, aviation, aviation, hospitality and travel management, etc that can be pursued.
In this article, we will see about the Course details like Air Hostess Diploma course fees structure, eligibility criteria, requirements, admission process, top institutes, salary, career, top recruiters of diploma in Air Hostess Course. This article will be a complete guide for you and all this information will help you make up your mind whether to go for an Air Hostess in Diploma Course or not. So let’s get started!
- About Air Hostess Diploma Course
- Course Details of Diploma in Air Hostess Course
- Eligibility criteria for Air Hostess Diploma Course
- Skills required to become an Air Hostess
- Admission process Diploma in Air Hostess Course
- Air Hostess Diploma Course fees
- Top colleges for Air Hostess Diploma Course in India
- Salary after Diploma in Air Hostess Course
- Job options and roles after Air Hostess Diploma Course
- Top recruiters for Aviation students
- FAQ’s Air Hostess Diploma Course
About Air Hostess Diploma Course
The Diploma Courses in Air Hostess and related fields can be pursued right after class 12th or after graduation. If you go for your Diploma degree after completing your graduation, you will be enrolling in a postgraduate Diploma degree.
There are various fields in which you can pursue your Diploma such as Diploma in aviation customer care, a Diploma in cabin crew, a Diploma in flight attendant training, a Diploma in Air Hostess training, etc. The general duration of the Air Hostess Diploma Course is one year. However, the duration is a little flexible and depends upon the College in which you are studying.
Course Details of Diploma in Air Hostess Course
Let’s see the various fields in which you can pursue your Diploma in the field of aviation:
- Diploma in aviation customer care
- Diploma in aviation and hospitality management
- PG Diploma in airport ground services
- Diploma in Air Hostess training
- Diploma in hospitality and travel management
- PG Diploma in aviation, hospitality, travel, and customer service
- Diploma in cabin crew/flight attendant training
- Diploma in travel, hospitality, and tourism management
- PG Diploma in the International airline and travel management
All of these courses are almost one year long and you can enroll in them after your class 12th and for the PG Diploma, you can enroll after completing your graduation.
Eligibility Criteria for Air Hostess Diploma Course
Air Hostess Diploma Courses after 12th: You can apply for admission in an Air Hostess Diploma Course right after completing your class 12th. The requirement is that you must have completed your 12th with a recognized Board of Education.
Other requirements for you to be eligible to apply you know Diploma Course in Air Hostess are:
- Age: Your age should be between 18 to 27 years.
- Height: The minimum height for females is 155 centimeters and for males is 170 centimeters you must be either equal to or above this height. This might differ from one airline to another.
- Weight: Your weight must be in proportion to your height and you should be physically fit.
- Medical: You must pass your physical and mental fitness test and must have normal eyesight or be corrected to 6/6 in both of your eyes.
- Background: You must pass the background checks and drug screening tests.
- Other: You must have a valid Indian passport with no visa restrictions.
Air Hostess Diploma Courses after graduation: You can also apply for an Air Hostess Diploma Course after completing your graduation. In this case, you will be enrolling in a post-graduate program of a diploma course in air Hostess.
Skills required to become an Air Hostess
There are various soft skills and basic behavioral skills required to become an Air Hostess. Let’s look at some of the main skills that are mandatory for students who wish to pursue an Air Hostess Courses After 12th:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good physique and behavior
- Pleasing personality and tone of speaking
- Swift decision-making skills
- Presence of mind
- Team working skills
- Patience and professionalism
- Ability to get along with people
- Clarity in voice and speech
- Good knowledge of English
Diploma in Air Hostess Course Admission Process
For taking admission in a Diploma in Air Hostess Course, you must have passed all the eligibility criteria and then must proceed with applying for colleges. You can go for the application process in online or offline mode as suggested by the college you want to get admitted to. The admission process of the scores is based on the merit of the student in 10 + 2 or entrance exams conducted by individual institutes or universities.
Air Hostess Diploma Course Fees
The average fee for an Air Hostess Diploma Course is around INR 50,000 – INR 1,00,000 for the full 1-year Course. The fee depends upon the College to which you want to take admission. The fee can go up to INR 2,00,000 as well depending upon the college.
Top Colleges for Air Hostess in Diploma Course in India
There are various government and private institutions all over the country that provide top-quality education in the aviation department. Let’s look at the best institutes of India that provide great quality education in Air Hostess Courses:
- Aptech Aviation Academy
- Jet Airways Training Academy, Gurugram
- Wings Air Hostess and Hospitality Training, Gujarat
- Air Hostess Academy, Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune
- Jet Airways Training Academy, Mumbai
- YMCA, New Delhi
- Franklin Institute of Air Hostess Training
- YWCA, New Delhi
- Universal Air Hostess Academy, Chennai
- Avalon Academy, Dehradun
- Wings Air Hostess and Hospitality Training, Gujarat
- Indigo Air Hostess Training, New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics, Bengaluru
- PTC Aviation Academy, Bengaluru
- The Bombay Flying Club-College of Aviation, Mumbai
Salary after Diploma in Air Hostess Course
The salary of a fresher as an Air Hostess is INR 25,000 to INR 40,000 per month for a domestic airline and around INR 1,00,000 per month for an international airline. It keeps on increasing as the experience of the individual keeps on increasing. The Air Hostess course salary and packages are very alluring and there are added benefits such as medical insurance, free travel, discounts on tickets, retirement benefits, etc.
Career after Air Hostess Diploma Course
Let’s look at the career path for you after completing your Air Hostess Diploma Course:
1. Start your career with a training period followed by one of the following job roles:
- Cabin Crew
- Air Hostess
- Flight Attendant
- ground staff
- Airlines steward
- Airline customer service agent
- Crew scheduler
- Crew manager
2. Gain experience and get promoted to the senior roles of your respective job profiles, you can reach up to the position of Chief Flight Attendant.
3. You can also work with private jets and aircraft.
Top Recruiters for Aviation Students
Some of the top airlines that recruit Air hostesses after their training courses are:
- Air India
- Jet Airways
- British Airways
- Gulf Air
- Etihad Airways, and many more…
FAQs on Air Hostess Diploma Course After 10th & 12th
1. Can I do a Diploma in Air Hostess after class 12?
Yes, you can go for an Air Hostess Diploma Course after class 12. you must have passed your class 12 from a recognized board of education with a minimum of 50% marks.
2. What is an Air Hostess’s salary?
The average salary of a fresher working for any domestic airline can be anywhere between INR 30,000 INR 50,000. For International Airlines, it is between INR 1,00,000 to INR 2,00,000 per month.
3. Is a Diploma in Air Hostess a good Course?
Doing an Air Hostess Diploma Course is one of the best ways of entering the aviation industry. This one-year Course prepares you to start your journey in various fields related to aviation.
We hope that this article was able to provide you with all the information regarding Air Hostess Diploma Course. We have covered all points regarding the Course details, duration, eligibility criteria, admission process, colleges, fees, salary, career, and top recruiters so that you have a complete guide in front of you to help you make an informed decision for yourself.