Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship 2020: Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship is a fully-funded initiative of the Indian Government. This fellowship is highly coveted as there is only one available slot. The fellowship is exclusively administered by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India. The selected individual will be working at St. Antony College, University of Oxford, London. Moreover, the selected candidate is equivalent to the position of a JRF (Junior Research Fellow), at the University of Oxford.
Furthermore, Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship is primarily targeted at students who are interested in pursuing an academic career and have a keen interest in Modern Indian Studies, in the field of History, Political Science and Economics. The fellowship also provides the opportunity to explore their interest without any financial restraints or other limiting factors. The selected candidates
Along with the stipend, the Fellow will also be eligible for travel allowance, college lunches, high table dinners and other perks. Read on to explore the eligibility criteria, selection process and more.
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure that they fulfil the following criteria to be deemed eligible for the fellowship:
- Candidates must have secured at least 60% in post-graduation AND must also possess a PhD degree in their chosen fields with published works or outstanding recognition
- The candidate must also be between the ages of 30 and 40
- Candidates must have specialized in one of the following subjects:
- Political Science
- The candidate must also have three years of teaching experience at the graduate/ postgraduate level after completing their PhD.
- The candidate must also be an Indian National residing in India
- Please note: if the candidate has pursued their studies abroad for a period of more than six months, then they must mandatorily live in India for a minimum of three consecutive years to remain eligible.
Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship Stipend Details and Benefits
Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship offers the following benefits for successful candidates.
|Administration Charges||4347 USD|
|Travel Allowance||984 USD|
|Six High Table Dinner||751 USD|
|College Lunches||2,662 USD|
Fellows are also given return allowance in economy class air travel. Moreover, a Fellow’s spouse is also applicable for air travel allowance only if they stay in the UK for a continuous period of one year. The fellowship is renewable for another year if the performance of the Fellow is found to be satisfactory.
Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship Application Process
The online application for Ms Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship can be acquired from the official website of the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development). Also note, the candidates have to register themselves on the MHRD website to access the application form.
Documents Required for Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship
Candidates must ensure that the following documents are available before they begin the application process:
- Education certificates – such as degree certificates must be self-attested
- Foreign degrees must be furnished with proof of equivalence (from relevant authorities)
- Certificate of employment (if applicable)
- Experience letter
- Passport-sized photograph
- Research proposal – A brief overview of the research proposed to be undertaken (at least 500 words)
Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship Selection Process
The initial screening process begins after the board publishes the names of candidates for an interview through the official MHRD website. The selected candidates will also be intimated through their respective email IDs. This initial screening is done based on the candidate’s personal profile and past achievements.
After the interview, the name of the successful candidate for the Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship will be announced on the MHRD website. Moreover, the decision of the selection board is final and cannot be challenged.
Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship Duration
- The total fellowship slot awarded each year is 1
- The initial duration of the fellowship is 1 year, and it may be extended for another year if the candidate’s performance is found to be satisfactory.
- The board distributes fresh fellowships annually.
Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship Terms and Conditions
- The candidates must submit their applications only in English
- The applications submitted will not be returned in any case
- Applications delivered after the deadline will not be entertained
- The candidate must have completed their tertiary education in only English
- The selected candidates are to carry out their research in the UK only
- The candidates must return to work in their home country after the completion of the fellowship period.
- Candidates, if found canvassing, will result in instant disqualification
- Furthermore, when indicating the exact period of past experience, the candidates must mention the specific dates.
- The candidate must also submit a precise program of study and justification of their research to be carried out in the United Kingdom. The minimum word count is 500 words.
- Lastly, the decision of the selection committee is final.
FAQ’s on Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship
Where do I access the application form for Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship?
The application form can be downloaded from the official MHRD website: https://mhrd.gov.in/. The notice is usually issued in the month of January every year.
What is the upper age limit for the fellowship?
The candidate must be between 30 to 40 years of age as on the date of application
When is the last date to submit the application?
The last date to submit the application will be announced shortly.
What is the selection process?
Candidates will initially be screened using their applications. Successful candidates will then be intimated for the interview through email as well as an official notification of the MHRD website.
How many slots are allotted for this Fellowship?
Only 1 slot every year is allotted for Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship. The initial duration of the fellowship is 1 year and it can be extended for another year if performance is found to be satisfactory. Hence, the maximum duration of the fellowship is 2 years. Moreover, fresh applications for this fellowship are invited every year.