Junior Research Fellowship 2020-2021: What is Junior Research Fellowship? The Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is sponsored by the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR). The scholarship is applicable for candidates enrolled for PhDs in historical studies from recognized universities.
CSIR Junior Research Fellowship India is awarded after clearing a preliminary written test and an interview-cum-presentation. The fellowship grants an amount up to INR 17,600 per month for a total duration of two years. Moreover, a contingency grant along with other benefits will also be provided. Read on to explore the details and application process of this fellowship, junior research fellowship meaning.
Junior Research Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- To be deemed eligible, candidates must be registered in a recognized university for a P.hD in Historical Studies.
- Category-wise reservations (ST/SC students) will be applicable as per government norms and regulations.
- Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course.
- The age limit for admission to the eligibility test is 28 years (upper age limit relaxable up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST, physically handicapped (PH) and female candidates, 3 years in the case of OBC category.
Junior Research Fellowship Dates
For the current year, the last date to submit the application was January 6, 2020.
Date of Online Exam ICHR Junior Research Fellowship 2020-2021 is 4th February 2020.
Junior Research Fellowship Rewards
- The selected fellows will be awarded a fellowship of INR 17,600 per month for two years
- They will also receive a contingency grant of INR 16,500 per annum for two years
How to Get a Junior Research Fellowship?
Junior Research Fellowship Application Process:
- Interested candidates are required to visit the official of ICHR at http://ichr.examadmitcard.co.in/RegistrationClosed.aspx.
- Select “JRF” (Junior Research Fellowship UGC) in the application section.
- Select the respective exam center.
- Upload a recent photograph and signature.
- Submit the application form.
Note: the application window is currently closed. It will reopen in November 2020 (tentative)
Also, candidates are required to send the hardcopy of the application form along with copies of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience and signed copy of the checklist by post. Do not forget to self-attest the documents before sending them.
Indian Council of Historical Research
No. 35 – Ferozeshah Road
New Delhi: 110001
Candidates will also have to pay an application fee of INR 500 in the form of a demand draft along with the aforementioned documents.
Junior Research Fellowship Selection Process
The selection process for the Junior Research Fellowship involves a written test and an interview-cum-presentation. There are a total of 80 fellowships offered by the department.
Online Examination: Preliminary – 100 Marks
- The examination is conducted online and will comprise 100 objective-type questions.
- Each correct answer will carry 1 mark. There will be no negative marks
- Candidates are required to choose their area of specialization (either Ancient/ medieval/ or modern India) while filling the JRF application form.
Interview-cum-Presentation: Main – 60 Marks
- Candidates short-listed in the preliminary exam will be called for an interview and presentation
- The candidate will have to prepare a presentation about 8 to 10 minutes long (MS Powerpoint Prefered)
- The presentation will be followed by an interview
- Total marks for the interview and presentation will be capped at 60
Documents Required for Junior Research Fellowship
Candidates have to ensure the following documents are readily available when filling out the application or for document verification.
- Marks card – class 10 and 12
- Certificates of category – SC/ ST etc (if applicable)
- P.hD registration certificate
- Research synopsis
- Past published papers
- Print out of application form
- UGC-NET certificate (where applicable)
Junior Research Fellowship Salary
The national average salary for a Junior Research Fellow is ₹3,62,449 in India.
FAQ’s on Junior Research Fellowship
How to apply for the ICHR Junior Research Fellowship?
Interested candidates are required to visit the official of ICHR at http://ichr.examadmitcard.co.in/RegistrationClosed.aspx to apply for the fellowship.
When is the last date to apply?
The last date to apply will be January 6th, 2020.
Students can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.