Ashoka Young India Fellowship 2020: What is Young India Fellowship? Young India Fellowship (YIF) is an initiative of the Ashoka University to provide financial aid to meritorious and talented individuals. The fellowship promotes various subjects such as applied and natural sciences, social sciences, humanities and more.
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
Ashoka University Young India Fellowship Alumni 2020 has also become the university’s flagship program, offering world-class education in India at just a fraction of the cost. Moreover, the admissions are based on merit as well as need and financial standing of the candidate’s family. Read on to explore the Young India Fellowship Ashoka University.
Young India Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to fulfill the following criteria to be deemed eligible for the fellowship:
- A graduate or a postgraduate degree in any discipline from a recognized institution
- Strong academic track record
- Full-fledged involvement in extracurricular activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Note: The total available slots for the fellowship is 300.
Young India Fellowship Dates
|Selection Process – Round 1|
|Applications Open||July – August|
|Last Date to Submit Applications||November – December|
|Interviews||October – January|
|Final Offers to Selected Candidates||February – March|
|Selection Process – Round 2|
|Applications Open||November – December|
|Last Date to Submit Applications||January|
|Interviews||December – March|
|Final Offers to Selected Candidates||April – May|
|Selection Process – Round 3|
|Applications Open||January – February|
|Last Date to Submit Applications||March – April|
|Final Offers to Selected Candidates||May – June|
|Offers to Waitlisted Candidates||June – July|
Those who could not apply in Round 1 can submit their application in this round 2.
YIF Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Tuition expenses for Lectures and Workshops
- Resident cost
- Cost of reading and course material, library subscriptions and shared textbooks
Young India Fellowship Amount
Successful candidates can avail between 25% off on their tuition fee to a full-fledged scholarship inclusive of tuition fees and resident cost. Based on the financial background and need of the candidates, they may be awarded one of the following:
|Merit scholarship on tuition||INR 50,000|
|25% scholarship on tuition||INR 178,750|
|50% scholarship on tuition||INR 357,500|
|75% scholarship on tuition||INR 536,250|
|Full scholarship on tuition||INR 715,000|
|Full scholarship||INR 900,000|
The scholarship also compensates expenses of course material, library subscriptions, and textbooks.
Young India Fellowship Application Process – How To Get Young India Fellowship?
Young India fellowship Login process is as follows:
- Interested candidates will have to visit Ashoka University’s official site https://apply.ashoka.edu.in/login-common.aspx.
- Candidates have to register a new account on the Ashoka University portal and fill in all the required details.
- Login with the new credentials and upload relevant documents and details.
- Submit the application and wait for the Young India Fellowship Scholarship to respond.
- If the candidate is shortlisted, they will have to download a copy of the financial aid form and submit the same within the deadline along with the other prescribed documents.
Note: The mode of application is online only – any prescribed documents which have not been shared may lead to the application being rejected.
Young India Fellowship Fees
The average cost of the program per Fellow includes the tuition fee which is INR 5,50,000 and hostel fee which is INR 1, 50,000/- with an additional INR 75,000 as of food cost
Young India Fellowship Selection Process
The selection process involves shortlisting candidates over 3 consecutive stages:
- Application assessment and scrutiny – Stage 1
- The applications of the candidates are thoroughly screened and scrutinized by a committee of Young India Fellowship faculty members and executives. Academic performance and extracurricular activities of the candidates are evaluated.
- Telephonic interview – Stage 2
- The selected candidates will be intimated about the telephonic interview via email. The interview may usually last around 20 minutes. The discussion may revolve around the candidate’s areas of interest and the information mentioned in the application form.
- Comprehension test and a personal interview – Stage 3
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to take a comprehension test, which is then followed by a personal interview. The comprehension test is designed to analyze the candidate’s understanding, critical thinking and articulation skills.
- The interview may be held in Bangalore, Kolkata, Mumbai and Delhi. International candidates will have the option to appear for a Skype interview.
Documents Required for Young India Fellowship
Candidates are required to ensure that the following documents are readily available during the application process/ document verification process. Also note: the documents need to be converted into PDF and the resolution should be 200 DPI. The candidates can also attach a zip file no larger than 2 MB containing all the prescribed documents.
- IT returns for FY 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 of the candidate’s family.
- Salary statement for salaried family members for the last 3 months
- Financial assets details (movable/ immovable properties)
- Form 26AS (for businesses/ professional)
- Loan statements
- In case the candidate wants to avail of the Haryana Resident benefit, they must procure a Haryana Domicile Certificate.
Young India Fellowship Contact Details
In case of any further query related to YIF, its eligibility, application procedure, rewards and more, the students are free to contact the fellowship providers on the below-given contact details.
Address: Plot No. 2, Rajiv Gandhi Education City,
National Capital Region P.O.Rai,
Sonepat Haryana-131029 (India)
Email: [email protected]
FAQ’s on Young India Fellowship 2020
How to apply for the Young India Fellowship?
Interested candidates will have to visit Ashoka University’s official site at https://apply.ashoka.edu.in/login-common.aspx and click on New Registration. Fill in the required details and submit the application.
When is the last date for the application?
The last date to submit the application is 31st March 2020.