WBPSC Books: WBPSC is an organization that conducts the WBPSC (West Bengal Civil Service) exam. This exam is conducted annually or whenever the West Bengal public service commission announces the dates. The exam is always undertaken in three stages: Preliminary, Mains, and then Personal Interview. The exam opens opportunities for the candidate to be qualified for civil service officers, defense officers, and many more. The exam’s application fee is submitted online for the general category and the fees for SC/ST and people with disability (PWD) is exempted.
Eligibility Criteria for WBPSC Exam
To appear in the entrance exam for the WBPSC, the candidate must follow the given eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must have excellent physical condition and personality and be suitable for civil service with a strong character and nature.
- Candidates must read, write, and speak Bengali. Candidates with Nepali as their mother tongue are excluded.
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree from the recognized board or university.
The Minimum age limit for entrance is as follows:
- For group A and C- 21 years
- For group B- 20 years (for Police Service only)
- For group D- 21 years
The Maximum Age limit for the entrance is as follows:
- For group A and C- 36 years
- For group B- 36 years
- For group D- 39 years
Best Books for WBPSC
Here are the best books which candidate can purchase for the preparation of the entrance exam:
- S P Bakshi (Arihant Publications)
- K D sarkar
- Current affairs such as Pratiyogita Darpan 2020, Yojana, etc.
- WBPSC GS manual by Nitin Singhania.
Special Requirements For WBPSC
For WBPSC Group-B
- The minimum height of the candidate should be 1.65 meters for males and 1.50 meters for females.
- There are some height relaxations for the races like Gorkhas, Garwalis, Assamese tribals, etc.
For Assistant Canal Revenue Officers
- We will be required to attend Tehsil and Zilla offices on a bicycle only.
For West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade 1
- Should speak, write, and fluently speak Bengali.
- Shall undergo training of 6 months in service.
WBPSC- Subjects and Topics
To prepare for the entrance, these are the subjects that the candidates have to focus on:
- English Composition
- General Science
- Indian National Movement
- General Mental Ability
- History of India
- Current Events of National and International Importance.
WBPSC- Career and Opportunities
After completing the WBPSC examination, there are many opportunities for the candidates, such as:
For group A
- West Bengal Civil Service (Executive). Salary INR 15000-42000 per month.
- West Bengal Food and Supplies Service. Salary INR 15000-42000 per month.
- West Bengal Labour Service. Salary INR 15000-42000 per month.
For Group B
- West Bengal Police Service
For Group C
- Superintendent, District Correctional Home / Deputy Superintendent. Salary INR 9000-40000 per month.
- Joint Block Developer Officer. Salary INR 9000-40000 per month.
For Group D
- Inspector of Co-operative Societies. Salary INR 7000-31000 per month.
- Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Department. Salary INR 7000-31000 per month.
FAQs on WBPSC Books
Q1. What are the stages of the selection procedure?
Answer. There are three stages of selection on the basis of which the candidate is selected for the West Bengal Civil Service, i.e., the Preliminary stage, the Main Stage in which the entrance exam takes place, and the last one is the Interview Stage. The candidates who passed the entrance exam will sit for a personal interview with the conducting body.
Q2. What are the steps to fill the application form?
Answer. To fill the application form for the entrance of WBPSC, the candidates have to follow the following steps:
- You have to register at the official site of the conducting body.
- The next step is to fill in the details of your educational qualification. After feeding all the information, the documents’ authenticity will be checked to analyze whether you are eligible or not.
- After confirming the documents, you need to pay the application fee through an online portal.
Q3. What is the full form of WBPSC and WBPSC?
Answer. The full form of WBPSC is West Bengal Civil Service and WBPSC is West Bengal Public Service Committee. The headquarters of WBPSC is in Kolkata.