UPSC Mains Geology Reference Books: Geology is a optional subject for civil service examination. we are providing UPSC Mains Geology books for reference. Here we suggested famous UPSC IAS books with author and publication name for UPSC 2020 exam. The following are the Geology books are in Hindi medium and English.
IAS Mains Geology Exam Date 2020 & Reference Books
IAS Mains Exam Update 2020: Civil Services IAS mains exam is going to be held in the month of June 2020. Usually, the exam will be held in two sessions. Morning Session will be from 9 AM to 12 PM whereas the evening session is held from 12 PM to 5 PM.
UPSC IAS Mains Geology Exam 2020 will be held on June 2020
UPSC Mains Geology Reference Books 2020
- A Dictionary of Geology – Morrison
- Geology: An Introduction – Kronaris and Krambine
- Geomorphology – Woolridge or Tharnbury
- Igneous Rocks and Metamorphic Petrology – Turner
- Mineral and Crystal Science – V.C. Jesh
- Ocean – Squaredrop, Johnson and Bliming
- Petrography – Williams
- Principles of Petrology – G.W. Turrel
- Sedimentary Rocks – Petti John
- Simple Geological Structure – Plate and Charlincr
- Soil Mineralogy – I. E. Grim
- Text Book of Geology – P.K. Mukherjee
- Text Book of Physical Geology – Mahapatra
- Underground Hydrology – David Keith Toad
Geology Subject in UPSC Mains Examination
Geology is the study of Earth. It explains the structure of the Earth beneath its surface and the processes that have shaped that structure. Geology involves studying the materials that make up the earth, the features and structures found on Earth as well as the processes that act upon them.
Why UPSC Reference/ Suggested Books are Vital?
UPSC Suggested Books for Geology gives you a glimpse of background information(definitions, details, facts, dates) and can assist in focusing on your topic. It is a good place to begin your research. You can access the reference materials for UPSC Civil Services Exam like encyclopedias, handbooks, almanacs, and dictionaries. In order to excel in the UPSC Mains Examination refer suggested books for Geology by Experts. Go through the compilation of books on this page and make your preparation easy.
I wish, the data prevailing on our page regarding UPSC Mains Geology Reference Books cleared your queries to an extent. For more such concerns you can drop us a comment via comment box and we will try to clarify them at the earliest possible. Kindly, keep in touch with our site for availing the latest updates on UPSC Exams.