UPSC Mains English Reference Books: English is a optional subject for civil service examination. we are providing UPSC Mains English books for reference. Here we suggested famous IAS books with author and publication name for UPSC 2020 exam. The following are the English books are in Hindi medium and English.
IAS Mains English Exam Date 2020 & Reference Books
IAS Mains Exam Update 2020: Civil Services IAS mains exam is going to be held in the month of June 2020. Usually, the exam will be held in two sessions. Morning Session will be from 9 AM to 12 PM whereas the evening session is held from 12 PM to 5 PM.
UPSC IAS Mains English Exam 2020 will be held on June 2020
UPSC Mains English Reference Books 2020
- English Literature by Long
- CBSE-UGC-NET-English Guide (Paper II and III): Paper II & III (Popular Master Guide) by H. S. Bhatia
- The Concise Oxford Companion to English Literature (Oxford Quick Reference) by Dinah Birch
- An Outline History Of English Literature by Hudson W H
- Short History Of English Literature by Nayar
- UGC NET/SET (JRF & LS) ENGLISH LITERATURE Paper II & III by Arihant Experts
- An Objective History of English Literature Through Multiple Choice Questions (UGC-NET/SLET, TGT & PGT) by Dr. B. B. Jain
- Trueman’s UGC NET English Literature by B. P. Panigrahi
- UGC NET/JRF/SET English Literature (Paper-II) by Dr. B. B. Jain
English Subject in UPSC Mains Examination
UPSC English is a West Germanic language that was first spoken in early medieval England and is now a global lingua franca. Named after the Angles, one of the Germanic tribes that migrated to England, it ultimately derives its name from the Anglia (Angeln) peninsula in the Baltic Sea. It is closely related to the Frisian languages, but its vocabulary has been significantly influenced by other Germanic languages particularly Norse (a North Germanic language), as well as by Latin and Romance languages, particularly French.
Why UPSC Reference/ Suggested Books are Vital?
UPSC Suggested Books for English gives you a glimpse of background information(definitions, details, facts, dates) and can assist in focusing on your topic. It is a good place to begin your research. You can access the reference materials for UPSC Civil Services Exam like encyclopedias, handbooks, almanacs, and dictionaries. In order to excel in the UPSC Mains Examination refer suggested books for English by Experts. Go through the compilation of books on this page and make your preparation easy.
I wish, the data prevailing on our page regarding UPSC Mains English Reference Books cleared your queries to an extent. For more such concerns you can drop us a comment via comment box and we will try to clarify them at the earliest possible. Kindly, keep in touch with our site for availing the latest updates on UPSC Exams.