Which of the following was NOT the king of the Rajput Dynasty?
(b) Ananga Pala
(c) Prithviraj Chauhan
(d) Bahlul Lodi
Answer: (d) Bahlul Lodi
Which ruler first established his capital at Delhi?
(a) Chauhans ruler
(b) Tomara Rajput ruler
(c) Turkish ruler
(d) Khalji dynasty
Answer: (b) Tomara Rajput ruler
Who was the first slave king of Delhi Sultanate?
(a) Qutbuddin Aybak
(c) Raziyya Sultan
(d) Alauddin Khalji
Answer: (a) Qutbuddin Aybak
Who was successor of Muhammad-bin Tughluq?
(a) Ghiyasuddin Tughluq
(b) Firuz Shah Tughluq
(c) Ibn Battuta
(d) None of these
Answer: (b) Firuz Shah Tughluq
What was the language of administration under the Delhi Sultans?
Answer: (b) Persian
The position of standing facing Mecca during namaj is known as
Answer: (b) Qibla
In whose reign did the Sultanate reach its i farthest extent?
(a) Tomara Rajput
(c) Alauddin Khalji
(d) Muhammad-bin Tughluq
Answer: (d) Muhammad-bin Tughluq
Who was Ulema?
(a) A slave purchased for military service
(b) A ruler
(c) A scholar of Islamic learning
(d) An invader
Answer: (c) A scholar of Islamic learning
A fortified settlement with soldiers was
(b) garrison town
(d) none of these
Answer: (b) garrison town
Which was NOT the kind of taxes during Delhi Sultanate?
(b) Tax on cattles
(c) Tax on houses
Answer: (d) Bandagans
Kharaj was a type of tax on
Answer: (d) cultivation
Which Mughal emperor followed Sher Shah Suri’s idea of administration?
Answer: (b) Akbar
Match the contents of Column A with that of Column B:
|Column A||Column B|
|1. Dehliwal||(a) Traveller from Morocco|
|2. Shamsuddin Iltutmish||(b) Coins minted in Delhi|
|3. Sanctuary of the world||(c) Mongol invader|
|4. Ibn Batuta||(d) Jahanpanah|
|5. Genghis Khan||(e) Early Turkish Ruler|
|Column A||Column B|
|1. Dehliwal||(b) Coins minted in Delhi|
|2. Shamsuddin Iltutmish||(e) Early Turkish Ruler|
|3. Sanctuary of the world||(d) Jahanpanah|
|4. Ibn Batuta||(a) Traveller from Morocco|
|5. Genghis Khan||(c) Mongol invader|
Fill in the blanks with appropriate words:
1. …………. dynasty ruled Delhi before the Tughluqs.
2. Tarikh or Tawarikh were written in ………….
3. ……….. was built by two rulers Qutbuddin Aybak and Iltutmish.
Answer: Qutb Minar
4. …………. is a sermon during Friday prayer in the Mosque.
5. Leader of the Namaz is ……………
6. Raziyya Sultan ruled from ………… to 1240 AD.
State whether the given statements are true or false:
1. Delhi became an important city under the rule of Tomaras and Chauhans.
2. Minhaj-i-Siraj was in favour of Queen’s rule in Delhi.
3. Delhi’s authority was challenged by Mongols’ invasions.
4. The iqtadars were called Samantas.
5. Jalaluddin established the Lodi dynasty.
6. Dehli-i-Kuhna was oldest of four cities of Delhi and was established by Muhammad Bin Tughluq.