Textile Diploma Course: Textile means any fabric or cloth, especially woven. The raw material that is suitable to be made into cloth that is fiber or yarn is also referred to as textile. For example, table coverings, clothes, chairs, floors, etc. Textiles are those materials that are made out of natural or synthetic fibers. The work that is done in the textile industry is that of interlacing fibers that include carpets and geotextiles.
There are many uses of textiles the most common being clothing. In the household, textiles are used in furnishing, window shades, towels, carpeting, table covers, bedsheets, handkerchiefs, cleaning devices, and also in art. In the workplace, textiles are used in scientific and industrial processes such as filtering. A diploma in textile design or technology can be very useful for people who want to work in the textile field.
Keep reading the following article to know more about diploma in textile engineering courses like types, the course duration, the eligibility criteria for this course, admission process, top colleges for joining textile diploma course, fees, top job profiles, and salary after textile design diploma course in 2022.
A textile diploma course is particularly useful for learning about textile design, manufacturing, technologies. The students who are interested in going into the field of textile can definitely opt for this course. A diploma in textile engineering, a diploma in textile design, and a diploma in textile technology are the most popular textile diploma courses.
The duration of a textile diploma course completely depends upon the particular course that the student has opted for. The course can range from somewhere between a six-month course to a three-year-long course. The fee structure and the other related criteria also change on the basis of the particular course.
In the article, all these three textile course details are explained in detail along with the eligibility criteria, the admission process, and more.
- Types of Online Textile Diploma Courses
- Textile Diploma Course Eligibility Requirements
- Admission Process for Diploma in Textile Courses
- Textile Diploma Course Fees
- Top Textile Diploma Colleges in India
- Job Options for Textile Diploma Graduates
- Salary after Textile Design Diploma Course
- FAQ’s on Diploma Courses in Textile Field
- Diploma in textile engineering: A diploma in textile engineering is a diploma-level professional course that is offered in the stream of engineering. It is a three-year-long course and the students who have passed class 10th can opt for this course. Throughout the course, the candidates are offered theoretical and practical knowledge in terms of the basic concepts of textile engineering such as textile design concept, screen printing, textile development, etc. This course is divided into 6 semesters. The average fee for this course is somewhere between INR 50,000 to INR 1,50,000 depending upon the college to which the student is admitted.
- Diploma in textile design: A diploma in textile design is a one or two-year-long course depending upon the university where the candidate learns about various aspects of designing using yarns, threads, or textile of any fabric they desire. The minimum eligibility criteria for enrolling in this course is that the student must have scored at least 50% marks in the HSC examination. The admission is either merit-based or entrance exam based on a college level. The average fee for this course is somewhere between INR 1,00,000 to INR 12,00,000.
- Diploma in textile technology: A diploma in textile technology is a one to a three-year-long course that deals with the study of machines and their mechanism in textile design. The students will learn about various machines that are used in the textile industry. The minimum eligibility criteria for this course is that the student must have passed their class 10 from a recognized board of education with a minimum of 50% marks. The average fee for this course is somewhere between INR 50,000 TO INR 5,00,000.
The eligibility criteria for application to a textile diploma course is general for all the Diploma courses related to textile. Let’s look at the general eligibility criteria for applying to a textile diploma course:
- The minimum eligibility criteria for application to attack style diploma courses is that the student must have passed their class 10th with a minimum of 50% marks.
- The student must have signs as they stream in class 10th or 12th.
- The students can also apply for this course after completing their class 12th.
- There is no age limit for applying to this course.
- Students who clear all these eligibility criteria can then go for admission via online or offline mode.
- The admission process is done either on a merit basis or on an entrance examination basis.
The admission is done on merit-based as well as enters exam base. The admission process for a textile diploma course is quite simple. Following the process that a student must follow for getting admitted to a textile diploma course:
- Direct admissions: For direct admission, the candidates must visit the admission cell of the respective college that they want to get admitted to. The students must fill the form, submit all the required documents, and pay the admission fee to reserve their seats for the program and complete the admission process. Generally in this type of admission, the marks of the student in their last examination are important.
- Admission through national or state level entrance exam: The candidates who have cleared the entrance exam on a national or state level must attend the counseling process where they will be allotted seats for the program. The candidates will have to submit the required documents and pay the admission fee in order to reserve their seats for the program in the institution and complete the admission process.
- Admission through university level entrance exam: The candidates who have appeared for the university level entrance examinations will have to go to the institution for the further admission process if they get a call. Students who clear the entrance examination. Based on the overall mass that is obtained by the candidate, the qualifying candidates will be provided admission to the program in the particular institution.
A diploma in textile fee structure depends upon various factors such as the type of institute, the ranking and the popularity of the institute, the merit, and the scholarship that is owned by the student. The students that have a higher ranking, merit, or higher marks in the entrance exam are often given higher scholarships.
Also, there is a difference in the fee for the government and the private institutions. Government institutions charge a much lesser fee as compared to private institutions.
- Diploma in textile engineering: On average, the course fee for a diploma in textile engineering courses is somewhere between INR 10,000 to INR 1,50,000.
- Textile Design Diploma Course: The average course fee for diploma candidates in the textile field is between INR 1,00,000 to INR 12,00,000.
- Diploma in textile technology: On average, the course fee for a diploma in textile design courses is somewhere between INR 50,000 to INR 5,00,000.
There are various institutions all across the country that provide premium quality education for textile diploma courses. Let’s have a look at the top colleges for textile diploma course wise:
Diploma in textile engineering:
- Gandhigram Rural Institute, Dindigul
- DKTE Ichalkaranji – DKTE Society’s Textile and Engineering Institute
- MSU Baroda – Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- PSG Polytechnic College, Coimbatore
- AMU Aligarh – Aligarh Muslim University
- Aryabhatt Institute of Technology, Delhi
Diploma in textile design:
- Axis Colleges, Kanpur
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University ( MJRP), Jaipur
- Pacific University ( PU), Udaipur
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University ( CSMU), Navi Mumbai
- Kamla Poddar Institute ( KPI), Jaipur
Textile Technology Diploma Course:
- Annal J K K Sampoorani Ammal Polytechnic College, Tamil Nadu
- Bharathiar Centenary Memorial Girls Polytechnic College, Tamil Nadu
- EIT Polytechnic College, Tamil Nadu
- Government Polytechnic Bhagalpur, Bihar
- Government Polytechnic College, Bihar
- Gomathi Ambal Polytechnic College, Tamil Nadu
- Annamalai Polytechnic College, Tamil Nadu
- Central Polytechnic Vattiyoorkavu College, Kerala
- Dr.S & S.S Gandhi College of Engineering and Technology, Gujarat
After completing a textile diploma course, the candidates can work in various fields related to textile. Following are the top job options for students after completing a textile diploma degree course wise:
Textile Engineering Diploma:
- Technical consultant
- Research assistant
- Textile development executive
- Textile designer
- Assistant textile designer
- Fashion designer
- Junior textile engineer
- Textile engineers, and many more
Diploma in textile design:
- Textile Design Specialist
- Textile Design Entrepreneur
- Dyeing & Printing Consultant
- Textile Design Media Specialist
- Design Assistant
- Design Consultant
- Embroidery Designer
- Textile Designer
- Exhibition Designer
- Fabric Analyzer
- Fabric Resource Manager
Diploma in textile technology:
- Purchasing Assistant
- Quality Control Supervisor
- Concept Designer
- Sales Manager
- Medical Textiles Engineer
- Junior Product Manager
- Production Assistant
- Operations Trainee
The salary depends upon the job profile of the person and the company in which the person is working. The salary of an individual keeps on increasing as their experience in the industry keeps on increasing and as they go on switching job roles and moving on to better higher-paying jobs.
- Diploma in textile engineering: The average salary of an individual working as a fresher after completing their textile course is somewhere between INR 2,00,000 to INR6,00,000.
- Diploma in textile design: The average salary of an individual working as a fresher after completing their textile course is somewhere between INR 2,00,000 to INR8,00,000.
- Textile Technology Diploma Course: The average salary of an individual working as a fresher after completing their textile diploma course is somewhere between INR 2,00,000 to INR 7,00,000.
1. Can I do a textile diploma course after class 10th?
Yes, you can go for a textile diploma course after completing a class 10th. The minimum eligibility criteria for a textile diploma course is that the student Must have completed their class 10th from a recognized Board of Education with a minimum of 50% marks.
2. What is the duration of a textile diploma course?
The duration of a textile diploma course depends upon what particular course the student is enrolled in. The duration of a textile diploma course can be somewhere between six months to 3 years.
3. Is textile designing in high demand?
The demand for textile designers is high. Apart from that, companies are now searching for multi-talented professionals who can keep up with the market and perform more than one role. The demand for textile designers is growing at a rapid rate in recent times.
We hope that this article was able to provide you with all the information regarding textile diploma courses. Also, it has covered all the information about different types of diploma textile courses such as diploma textile designing course, diploma in textile technology diploma courses in textile engineering.
The points regarding the admission process, eligibility criteria, top colleges, fee structure, job options, and salary are mentioned under various headings above. Knowing all the information will help you make up your mind regarding the course selection for your bright career. All the best! Do bookmark our website Ncertbooks.guru for more knowledge on career aspects and courses.