Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2020: Swarna Jayanti Fellowship is an initiative of the Government of India to enable young scientists to pursue unfettered research in frontier areas of science and technology by the Department of Science and Technology DST India. The fellowship is not instituting specific, instead, it is scientist specific.
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
The criteria for candidates to be selected under Swarna Jayanti Fellowship 2020 is that their research must contain novel and impactful ideas that have the potential to make a significant impact on R&D. The fellowship will be open to scientists between 30 to 40 years of age. Moreover, the maximum duration of the fellowship must not exceed five years.
Swarna Jayanti scholarship/Swarnajayanti Fellowship last date to apply is 31st March 2020, click here to apply.
Swarnajayanti Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- The applicants must possess P.HDs in Engineering/ Science/ Medicine.
- The applicants must also not be drawing other fellowships any other governmental institution
- Applicants must be between 30 to 40 years of age as on the date of application.
Swarnajayanti Fellowship Dates
The last date for submission of swarnajayanti fellowships scheme is 31st March 2020.
Swarnajayanti Fellowship Rewards
- Selected candidates will receive a fellowship of INR 25,000 per month, in addition to the salary drawn from the parent institution.
- The candidates will also cover all the necessary requirements and expenses for research.
- Grants for equipment, consumables, contingencies, national and international travel will be provided.
- The fellowship also provides grants for any special requirements on the basis of merit.
Swarnajayanti Fellowship Application Process
Interested candidates are required to visit the Swarnajayanti Fellowship DST e-PMS Portal at online https://dst.gov.in/ to access the application form. The mode of application is online only; necessary documentation and formats are given on the official portal.
FAQ’s on Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2020
How to apply for Swarnajayanti Fellowship?
Candidates can apply for the fellowship by visiting the DST Swarnajayanti Fellowship p-PMS portal at onlinedst.gov.in.
When is the last date to apply?
The last date is apply is the last week of March 2020 (tentative).