Software Engineering Notes & Books PDF Free Download is available on this page for all B.Tech Students especially CSE & IT courses. Here, we have compiled a list of best lecture notes of Software engineering subjects for Btech candidates to start their exam preparation effectively. Also, you can find Software engineering books & study materials download links in a pdf format for easy access via mobile phones.
One single download link will help you a lot by providing a complete B.Tech Software Engineering Notes Pdf for free of cost. Check out this article fully and find the software engineering important question list for better preparation and easy scoring in the final examination.
Also Read: B.Ed Books
Software Engineering Notes Pdf for CSE & IT
The software is used widely for various domains comprising banks, schools, finance, hospitals, defense, stock markets and so on. But, the software is categorized into several types like applications, systems, copyrights, products, etc. Software products may be generic, it can be developed for one person or maybe for marketing like PC software like word or excel. Also, the software can be custom-developed, it can be created for a single user as per their requirements.
New and Unique software can be developed by designing new programs, setting generic software systems, or reusing existing software. To get full knowledge about software, you need to learn all the topics of Software Engineering subjects thoroughly. So, here we have provided an introduction to software engineering as well as Software Engineering Notes Pdf Free Download links and important questions of SE Subject.
Introduction to Software Engineering
The term Software Engineering is composed of two words, software and engineering. Software is a program code or set of executable codes containing instructions that give desired functionality. Engineering is the process of designing and constructing something which assists a particular purpose and seeks a cost-effective solution to issues. Overall Software Engineering is a systematic approach to the design, development, operation, and maintenance of a software system or software application. Well, the outcome of software engineering that we can get is a reliable and efficient software product.
Download links of Software Engineering Lecture Notes PDF for B.Tech, BCA & MCA
Students of Btech degree can avail the software engineering notes pdf download links from the below table for free of cost:
|Software Engineering Notes for CSE
|Question Paper PDF for Software Engineering Subject
|Software Engineering Lecture Notes pdf
|Software Engineering Lecture notes ppt
|CSE Software Engineering Books Pdf
Do Refer: BCA Books
List of Software Engineering Reference Books- 2nd Year
- Software Engineering1: Abstraction and modeling, Diner Bjorner, Springer International Edition, 2006.
- Fundamentals of Software Engineering, Rajib Mall, Third Edition, PHI.
- Software Engineering A practitioner’s Approach, Roger S. Pressman, Seventh Edition McGraw-Hill International Edition.
- The Software Engineering, Principles, and Practices, Deepak Jain, Oxford University Press.
- Software Engineering, Ian Sommerville, Ninth Edition, Pearson education
- Software Engineering, A Precise Approach, PankajJalote, Wiley India,2010.
- The Software Engineering: A Primer, Waman S Jawadekar, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2008
Software Engineering Syllabus – 1st semester
Software and Software Engineering: The Nature of Software, The Unique Nature of WebApps, Software Engineering, Software Process, Software Engineering Practice, Software Myths.
Process Models: A Generic Process Model, Process Assessment and Improvement, Prescriptive Process Models, Specialized Process Models, The Unified Process, Personal and Team Process Models, Process Terminology, Product and Process.
Requirements Analysis And Specification: Requirements Gathering and Analysis, Software Requirement Specification (SRS), Formal System Specification.
Software Design: Overview of the Design Process, How to Characterise of a Design?, Cohesion and Coupling, Layered Arrangement of Modules, Approaches to Software Design
Function-Oriented Software Design: Overview of SA/SD Methodology, Structured Analysis, Developing the DFD Model of a System, Structured Design, Detailed Design, Design Review, an overview of Object-Oriented design.
User Interface Design: Characteristics of Good User Interface, Basic Concepts, Types of User Interfaces, Fundamentals of Component-based GUI Development, A User Interface Design Methodology.
Coding And Testing: Coding, Code Review, Software Documentation, Testing, Unit Testing, Black-Box Testing, White-Box Testing, Debugging, Program Analysis Tool, Integration Testing, Testing Object-Oriented Programs, System Testing, Some General Issues Associated with Testing
Software Reliability And Quality Management: Software Reliability, Statistical Testing, Software Quality, Software Quality Management System, ISO 9000, SEI Capability Maturity Model.
Computer-Aided Software Engineering: Case and its Scope, Case Environment, Case Support in Software Life Cycle, Other Characteristics of Case Tools, Towards Second Generation CASE Tool, Architecture of a Case Environment
Software Maintenance: Software maintenance, Maintenance Process Models, Maintenance Cost, Software Configuration Management.
Software Reuse: what can be Reused? Why almost No Reuse So Far? Basic Issues in Reuse Approach, Reuse at Organization Level.
Software Engineering Lecture Notes Pdf: Define and develop a software project from requirement gathering to implementation. Obtain knowledge about the principles and practices of software engineering. Focus on the fundamentals of modeling a software project. Obtain knowledge about estimation and maintenance of software systems
Software Engineering Review Questions List
- What is the Advantage of Prototype Model?
- What are the components of DFD?
- Draw the diagram of the SPIRAL model.
- What is functional and nonfunctional Software requirements?
- What is the command-line interface (CLI)?
- Explain What is Code and Code Review?
- What is software reusability?
- What is SCRUM?
- Describe the prototype model with a diagram?
- Explain What is a software Crisis?
- What are the advantage and disadvantages of the Spiral model?
- Explain What is Black Box Testing?
- What is Code and code review?
- What are the different types of maintenance?
- Describe the agile model?
- Explain What is software requirement specification (SRS)?
- Explain What is the advantage and disadvantages of Black Box Testing.?
- Describe SEI CMM?
- What is the software Reengineering process?
- What is Service-oriented architecture (SOA) and Describe its
advantages and disadvantages.
- Explain What is Object-Oriented Design and Describe its important concepts of Object-Oriented Design
- What is client-server technology? Describe three tiers of Client-server architecture with a suitable example.
- What are Cohesion and coupling?
- Explain the cyclomatic complexity measures? Describe an example.
FAQs on Software Engineering (SE) Study Materials & Books Pdf
1. What is Software Engineering?
Software Engineering is a systematic approach to the design, development, operation, and maintenance of a software system or software application.
2. What are the best recommended Software Engineering Notes & Study Materials for CSE?
The following are the best SE Reference Books & Notes for B.Tech 2nd Year Students:
Fundamentals of Software Engineering, Rajib Mall, Third Edition, PHI.
Software Engineering A practitioner’s Approach, Roger S. Pressman, Seventh Edition McGraw-Hill International Edition.
3. Is Software Engineering Notes Pdf important for final exams?
Software Engineering Lecture Notes and Reference Books are very essential for all computer science students to get maximum marks in the exams. It includes important questions from each concept, model papers, previous year question papers, very understandable concept explanation by experts, and many more. So, download Software Engineering SE Notes pdf for Btech CSE, BCA, MCA degree courses exams from the above list.
Summary – SE Lecture Notes in PDF Download for B.Tech CSE
We believe the given Software Engineering Notes PDF Download links will support all B.Tech students to get more marks in the final exams. All Btech pursuing candidates can download BTech 2nd year software engineering study materials, books, lecture notes for free in PDF format.
So, grab this chance to the fullest and get the latest study materials and lecture notes for Software Engineering subjects from this article and give your best shot in the examination. For more information about B.Tech Subjects or Software Engineering Books Pdf, drop a message in the below comment box and bookmark our site by pressing (Ctlr+D).