Ramanujan Fellowship 2019-2020: Ramanujan Fellowship (Science and engineering research board) is an initiative of the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), under the Department of Science of Technology, Government of India. Ramanujan Fellowship for postdoc aims to provide brilliant Indian and foreign scientists research positions in India.
DST Ramanujan Fellowship is very selective and scientist specific in terms of selection criteria. Scientists have the opportunity to work in any of the scientific institutions and universities in the country. The fellowship covers all areas of sciences, with the total duration being a maximum of five years. Read on to explore the SERB Ramanujan Fellowship Scheme, selection process, eligibility criteria and Ramanujan Fellowship Amount, Srinivasa Ramanujan Fellowship.
Ramanujan Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates will have to fulfill the following terms and criteria to be deemed eligible for the scholarship:
- The fellowship is applicable to foreigners and Indian scientists working aboard
- Ramanujan fellowship age limit of the scientists must be below the age of 40.
- Candidates must possess a P.hD in Science or Engineering, MD in Medicine, Master in Engineering
- The candidates must also possess professional experience
- Candidates that have an outstanding track record and have made an impact through their research publications will be given special preference
- The candidate must not hold any permanent or contractual position in any Indian university or institution.
Ramanujan Fellowship Dates
Nomination for Ramanujan Fellowship is accepted throughout the year.
Ramanujan Fellowship Salary
- The amount of fellowship awarded will be INR 135,000 per month, including HRA
- Selected Fellows will also receive a research grant of INR 700,00 per annum and INR 60,000 as overhead charges
- The maximum duration of the fellowship is five years. It will not be extended under any circumstances.
Ramanujan Fellowship Application & Selection Process
- Scientists can choose to work at any science and technology institution (universities, educational institutions and national laboratories in India).
- However, the institution must be willing to provide the necessary infrastructure to facilitate the research
- Please note: nominations from the candidate’s P.hD guides or institution where the candidate studied will not be considered.
- The scientists should individually approach the institutions of their choice for the fellowship and the host institution should forward their nominations to the Science and Engineering Research Board.
- The nomination should be sent only through the head or authorized personnel of that particular institution
Ramanujan Fellowship Contact Details
Address: Science and Engineering Research Board
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor
Vasant Square Mall
New Delhi 110 070
Contact Number: +911140000398
FAQ’s on Ramanujan Fellowship 2020
How to apply for the Ramanujan Fellowship?
Interested candidates will have to visit the institution of their choice and the head of the institution must forward the candidate’s nomination to the SERB (Science and Engineering Research Board) online portal: http://serb.gov.in/home.php.
However, please note that the institutions where the candidate obtained their P.hD will not be considered for the nomination.
When is the last date for the application?
Nominations for the fellowship are accepted throughout the year.
Is the grants received under Ramanujan Fellowship taxable?
Yes, the Grant received under Ramanujan Fellowship is taxable as per I.T. rules.
To whom the Ramanujan Fellowship is meant for or what is the aim of initiating the Ramanujan Fellowship?
The Ramanujan Fellowship is meant for brilliant Indian scientists and engineers from all over the world to take up scientific positions in India and who want to return to India from abroad. The Fellowship is scientist-specific and very selective.
Students can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.