The NID 2020 application form was available for applying on the official website from 1st October 2019 and the last date for applying was by November 18 without any late fees. However, aspirants could also apply for the exam until 2 PM, November 21, 2019, along with late fees.
Next, candidates who wanted to make corrections to their applications could also do it from November 21, 2019. The aspirants can make changes in the online mode by visiting their official website at admissions.nid.edu. So, all candidates had to make corrections is log in with their email ID, password, and security pin. However, the NID DAT Form Correction window closed on 23rd November 2020.
Overview on NID 2020 Exam
The NID 2020 Prelims exam was conducted on December 29, 2019. It is a Bachelor and Master program in design offered by the National Institute of Design on the basis of the Design Aptitude Test (DAT), personal interview, and studio test.
- To apply for the NID DAT 2020, the application fee is Rs. 2000/- for a General/OBC category candidate and Rs.1000 for ST/SC/PwD candidates.
- All the design aspirants can make the payment both through the online mode and offline mode only through Demand Draft (DD).
- Each candidate must check if they match the NID Eligibility Criteria even before applying for the exam.
- All the candidates must be below 20 years of age for getting through in BDes/GDPD. While the candidates applying for M.Des must below 30 years of age. However, many reserved categories can also avail for relaxation as per the Government of India norms.
What are the Important Dates for NID 2020?
Here’s the exam schedule for candidates who wish to appear for NID 2020 is:
|Start and end date of NID DAT 2020 application||October 1, 2019, to November 7, 2019|
|Submission of NID DAT 2020 application form with late fees||November 18, 2019,|
|Correction of NID DAT application form||November 21, 2019|
|Availability of NID DAT 2020 Prelims admit card||December 20, 2019|
|NID DAT (Prelims) 2020||December 29, 2019|
|Result Declaration (Prelims) MDes||February 18, 2020|
|Result Declaration (Prelims) BDes||March 19, 2020|
|NID DAT (Mains) BDes/GDPD||April 29 to May 3, 2020|
|Declaration of final result BDes/GDPD||May 28, 2020|
How to apply for NID 2020?
Candidates who are eligible can fill the NID 2020 application form online by entering their email id, mobile no., Date of birth, etc. Here are the few steps that eligible candidates need to follow to get into NID 2020, this academic year:
Step 1: Registration
- First, sign up/register online even before proceeding to fill the NID 2020 application form by visiting the official website.
- Next, provide valid email id, mobile no., Date of birth, etc. while registering.
- After successful registering, the login credentials will be sent to the registered email address.
Step 2: Filling the Application Form
- Next, log in to the registered account along with the user id and password to proceed and fill the application form.
- Then, fill all the required details.
- Lastly, after filling all the nitty-gritty, click on the ‘Save & Proceed’ button to go to the next step to ‘Upload Document’.
Step 3: Uploading Documents
- First, upload a scanned recent passport-sized photograph as per the instructions given on the website.
- Next, upload the scanned signature as per the instruction given.
- Then, if applicable upload the valid Caste Certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Also, candidates who are applying under the PwD category need to upload their valid disability certificate issued by the Government of India norms.
- Lastly, click on ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the next section to pay the NID 2020 application fees.
Below given are the details of the signature and photograph dimensions to be uploaded while applying for NID DAT 2020:
|Scanned Photograph||A recent photograph – JPEG Format – 50 to 100 KB|
|Candidates’ Scanned Signature||Blue/Black ball pen on white paper – JPEG Format – 50 to 100 KB|
|Certificate||JPEG Format – Less than 150 KB|
Step 4: Payment
Candidates can submit the NID 2020 application fee both through online or offline mode.
- Online Mode: In the case of online mode, the application fees can be paid via. Debit card/ Credit card/net banking.
- Offline Mode: Candidates can pay via Demand draft in favor of “All India Management Association” for offline mode.
What is the NID DAT 2020 Application Fee?
The application fees of different courses at NID are as follows-
|General||INR 2000||INR 2000||INR 4000|
|SC||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|ST||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|OBC-NCL||INR 2000||INR 2000||INR 4000|
|Gen-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|ST-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|SC-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|OBC-NCL-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|Overseas||INR 3000||INR 3000||INR 6000|
What is the NID 2020 Application Process for Foreign Nationals?
Even foreign citizens can also appear for the NID admission if applied under the overseas category. Candidates who wish to seek admission under the overseas category should apply in the prescribed application and duly fill the form and also submit the following documents:
- First, a Demand Draft worth US $30 in favor of the “National Institute of Design” that is payable at Ahmedabad, and candidates should also mention their name and address at the other side of the Demand Draft.
- Self-attested copy of relevant visa and passport that contains details of the candidate.
- For candidates who seek admission for B.des should carry attested copies of mark sheets of HSC and SSC or any equivalent certificate from a competent authority.
- For candidates who wish to get into M.Des must carry attested copies of mark sheets of HSC, SSC, and graduation along with other passing certificate degree certificate/ provisional certificate/ passing certificate.
- Also, the NID 2020 application form should contain the address of your place of residence.
How to Retrieve Lost Application Number and Password?
Candidates need not panic in case if they lose their application number or even forget the password. Here are the steps that candidates should follow these methods to retrieve their account:
- In case if a candidate loses or forgot their Roll Number, then they should visit the official website.
- Next, you should carefully check the website as there will be a link for recovery.
- Then, click on the “Forgot Enrolment ID” and feed in the mobile number and e-mail ID. Another enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate via SMS/Email.
- Candidate can also reset their password with the help of an OTP SMS.
- Finally, if a candidate forgets his/her enrolment ID and or email ID/mobile number and the payment is still not been made, then, he/she must re-register to apply again.
How to know the NID 2020 Application Form Status?
The procedure to know about NID 2020 Application form status is as follows:
- Firstly, candidates must visit the official website and then click on the link for Admission located at the bottom side of the home page
- Next, when candidates will click on that link, they will reach the Graduate Diploma Programme in Design.
- After candidates click on the page and for candidates who had already registered, they should just put their Name, Registered email- id/ password to know the status.
How to correct NID 2020 Form?
If a candidate has made mistakes in the NID Registration 2020 form, here are the steps to make the corrections in the stipulated time:
Step 1: First, log on to the official website.
Step 2: Next, fill the login Credentials with Enrolment ID / NID Registration No. and Password.
Step 3: Then, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Step 4: A new screen with a link will appear and from there, candidates can make the required corrections and finally save all the details.