NEET Physics is the scoring paper in the medical entrance examination. Here, you will discover the NEET Physics MCQ Questions for all Concepts as per the latest syllabus. Practice more on a regular basis with these NEET Physics objective questions on air pollution and improve your subject knowledge & problem-solving skills along with time management. NEET Physics Photometry Multiple Choice Questions make you feel confident in answering the question in the exam & increases your scores to high.
MCQ on Photometry
1. What is the power of the lamp if its luminous efficiency is 2 lumen/watt and its luminous intensity is 42 candela?
(a) 62 W
(b) 138 W
(c) 76 W
(d) 264 W
Answer: (d) 264 W
2. In a movie hall, if the distance between the screen and the projector is increased by 1% what happens to the illumination on the screen?
(a) Increases by 1%
(b) Decreases by 1%
(c) Increases by 2%
(d) Decreases by 2%
Answer: (d) Decreases by 2%
3. At a height of one meter above the centre of a circular table of diameter 4m, a bulb of 100 W hangs. If the intensity at a point on its rim is I0, then what is the intensity at the centre of the table?
Answer: (d) 5√5I0
4. Lux is a unit of which of the following?
(a) Illuminance on a surface
(b) Luminous intensity of a source
(c) Luminous efficiency of the source of light
(d) Transmission coefficient of a surface
Answer: (a) Illuminance on a surface
5. Lux is equivalent to which of the following?
(a) 1 candela/m2
(b) 1 lumen/cm2
(c) 1 lumen/m2
(d) 1 candela/cm2
Answer: (a) 1 candela/m2
6. If a lamp has a luminous efficiency of Five lumen/watt and a luminous intensity of 35 candela. What is the power of the lamp?
(a) 176 W
(b) 88 W
(c) 36 W
(d) 80 W
Answer: (b) 88 W
7. The distance between a point source of light and a screen is 60 cm and now this distance is increased to 180 cm. By how many fractions will the intensity on the screen change as compared to the original intensity?
(a) 9 times
(b) 3 times
(c) (1/9) times
(d) (1/3) times
Answer: (c) (1/9) times
8. Venus looks brighter than other stars because
(a) it has no atmosphere
(b) atomic fission occurs on its surface
(c) it has a higher density than other stars
(d) it is closer to earth than most stars
Answer: (d) it is closer to earth than most stars
9. Which of the following sources of light is the inverse square law valid for?
(a) Cylindrical source
(c) Isotropic point source
(d) All types of light sources
Answer: (c) Isotropic point source
10. Which of the following has more luminous efficiency?
(a) 40 W fluorescent tube
(b) 40 W bulb
(c) Both have the same luminous efficiency
(d) Cannot say
Answer: (a) 40 W fluorescent tube
11. A lamp hangs at a height of 4 m above a table. The lamp is lowered by 1 m. By how much will the illuminance increase?
Answer: (a) 78%
12. A point source of 100 candela is held 5 m above a sheet of blotting paper which reflects 75% of the incident light. What is the illuminance of blotting paper?
(a) 4 lux
(b) 4 phot
(c) 3 lux
(d) 3 phot
Answer: (a) 4 lux