NEET Physics is the scoring paper in the medical entrance examination. Here, you will discover the NEET Physics MCQ Questions for all Concepts as per the latest syllabus. Practice more on a regular basis with these NEET Physics objective questions on air pollution and improve your subject knowledge & problem-solving skills along with time management. NEET Physics Nuclear fission and Nuclear fusion Multiple Choice Questions make you feel confident in answering the question in the exam & increases your scores to high.
MCQs on Nuclear fission and Nuclear fusion
1. The splitting of a nucleus into smaller nuclei is
(d) gamma -radiation
Answer: (b) Fission
2. Name the moderator used in the nuclear reactor?
Answer: (c) Graphite
3. Which isotope of Uranium has the capacity to sustain the chain reaction?
Answer: (b) U-235
4. Which of the following atomic particles have the least mass?
Answer: (b) Electron
5. During an atomic explosion, the energy released is due to
(a) Conversion of protons to neutrons
(b) Conversion of chemical energy into heat energy
(c) Conversion of mechanical energy into nuclear energy
(d) Conversion of mass into energy
Answer: (d) Conversion of mass into energy
6. What is the beneficial aspect of nuclear fission?
(a) The ability to absorb energy
(b) The ability to produce more energy than nuclear fusion
(c) The ability to release tremendous amounts of energy
(d) There are no beneficial aspects of nuclear fission
Answer: (c) The ability to release tremendous amounts of energy
7. When a neutron leaves the nucleus, it’s mass
(d) Stays the same
Answer: (b) Decreases
8. The element with the least mass per nucleon is
Answer: (b) Iron
9. The release in energy in nuclear fission is consistent with the fact that uranium has
(a) More mass per nucleon than either of the two fragments
(b) Has more mass per nucleon as the two fragment
(c) Has exactly the same mass per nucleon as the two fragments
(d) Less mass per nucleon than either of the two fragments
Answer: (a) More mass per nucleon than either of the two fragments
10. The energy we get in nuclear reaction comes from
(a) Energy we put into the reactor
(b) The mass of the fuel
(d) The sun
Answer: (b) The mass of the fuel