NEET Physics is the scoring paper in the medical entrance examination. Here, you will discover the NEET Physics MCQ Questions for all Concepts as per the latest syllabus. Practice more on a regular basis with these NEET Physics objective questions on air pollution and improve your subject knowledge & problem-solving skills along with time management. NEET Physics BJT Multiple Choice Questions make you feel confident in answering the question in the exam & increases your scores to high.
MCQs on Bipolar Junction Transistor
1. For a transistor to operate in an active region what is the essential possible condition of biasing?
(a) Collector-base and emitter-base junctions are reverse biased.
(b) Collector-base junction is reverse biased and the emitter-base is forward biased
(c) Collector-base and emitter-base junctions are forward biased
(d) Collector-base junction is forward biased and emitter-base is reverse biased
Answer: (b) Collector-base junction is reverse biased and the emitter-base is forward biased
2. Which operating region of BJT enables Emitter-base & collector-base junctions to undergo perfect short-circuit configuration?
(a) Saturation Region
(b) Cut-off Region
(c) Active Region
Answer: (b) Saturation Region
3. When zero input control signal is applied which functional mode enables the BJT to act as an open switch?
(a) Reversed biased mode of BE junction
(b) Reversed as well as the forward-biased mode of BE junction
(c) Forward biased mode of BE junction
Answer: (d) None
4. The power dissipated by a transistor approximately equals the collector current times.
(a) Collector-emitter voltage
(b) Base-emitter voltage
(c) Base supply voltage
(d) 0.7 V
Answer: (a) collector-emitter voltage
5. Which of the following leakage current causes a small collector current with zero base current
(a) Collector diode
(b) Base diode
(c) Emitter diode
Answer: (a) Collector diode
6. What will be the answer if we recalculate the collector-emitter voltage with the second approximation?
(a) The same as the ideal value
(b) Larger than the ideal value
(c) Smaller than the ideal value
Answer: (b) Larger than the ideal value
7. Will a transistor act as a closed switch by defining the requisite magnitude of saturation level with an equivalent amount of
(a) negative control voltage
(b) both negative & positive control voltages
(c) positive control voltage
(d) none of the above
Answer: (a) positive control voltage
8. Which current source is connected between collector and base terminals in order to supervise the consequences of base control in an active region DC Model of BJT?
Answer: (b) βIB
9. What is the collector current when the base resistor is open?
(a) 1 mA
(b) 2 mA
(d) 10 mA
Answer: (c) 0
10. For the second approximation what is the base-emitter voltage?
(a) 0.3 V
(b) 0.7 V
(d) 1 V
Answer: (b) 0.7 V