M.Sc MBA: M.Sc MBA is a two years-long double-degree integrated course program. This course is designed to provide an opportunity to combine practical experience and new knowledge.
MSc. MBA uses the integration of theory, practice, and research to convey the applications at regional, national, and international levels. M.Sc MBA connects students to a highly diverse and experienced cohort. Students are educated to learn about themselves as a business leader.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Stream wise, and Category wise.
Depending on the choice or interest, students can choose a specialization that edges their business-oriented skills and aids them in constructing a career in this field. M.Sc MBA is an ideal course for students with an inclination towards advanced research in fundamental sciences and business.
After reading the guide, you will have an idea about:
- Details about the course
- Eligibility to get admission in the course
- Skills required for the course
- Syllabus of the course
- Entrance Examinations for admissions
- Fee Structure of the course
- Internship options during the course
- Career options after completing the course
- Expected salary
- Job profiles
- Similar course to pursue
About M.Sc MBA
M.Sc MBA is a dual degree program that covers the vital aspects of MBA and MSc International Business. The two-year double-degree MSc-MBA program is an advanced integrated program offered to students to complement their intensive Master of Science coursework with a rigorous MBA program.
Earning both a Master’s degree and an MBA degree, in a total of two years, prepares students for senior management positions in areas that demand expertise in a specific business discipline. The course program combines foreign language skills with a passion for international business by integrating the fundamentals of research and science.
The MSc section of the dual degree is designed to prepare students to master the precise business field’s specific demands. The MBA section of the course aims to strengthen the student’s personal, communication, and leadership skills.
M.Sc. MBA provides at least two years of full-time work experience, ideally in designing and developing technology-intensive products.
M.Sc MBA Course Highlights
|Name of Course||Master in Science + Master in Business Management Program|
|Course Level||Dual-Masters level|
|Course Duration||Course Duration of Master of Science [M.Sc.] + MBA. is two Years.|
|Admission and Entrance Exams||M.Sc. MBA course admission is based on a college or university’s qualifying examination and a standard entrance exam such as NMAC by GMAC, CAT, GRE, XAT, CMAT, MAT, ATMA, GMAT, etc|
M.Sc. MBA Course Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterion for M.Sc. MBA degree is similar to various postgraduate or double degree programs in other disciplines. The following candidates are eligible for applying for an M.Sc. MBA course are as follows-
|10+2 Stream/ Bachelor’s||
|Cut-off Marks||A minimum of 50% to 60% aggregate score|
|Age Limit||20 years for General category, 23 for SC/ST/OBC, 25 for PWD|
- Any Bachelor’s degree program with a minimum of 50% to 60% aggregate, recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Candidates should have completed their 10+2+3 years of education.
- Candidates must acquire a valid score from CAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ GRE/ XAT entrance examinations.Candidates must acquire a minimum IBT-TOEFL score of 79 or IELTS score of 6.5 with an individual category score of 6 or PTE score of 55 with individual category score of 50 to deem eligible for institutions overseas.
- Candidates must secure a valid English test score to enroll for admissions.
- Those candidates appearing for final year examinations of Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply. The students must submit their subject to the completion of their examinations and viva-voce before an institutional admission.
- Candidates with work experience have an added advantage for admissions.
Skill Set Required for M.Sc. MBA Course
Aspiring students in a postgraduate degree represent a significant step-up from that encountered during the undergraduate studies. This combined, the two-degree program completes the student’s leadership profile granting you the operational, technical, and problem-solving skillsets.
These skills help students build leadership potential for top management positions. Aspiring students need to ideally possess the following qualities over and above the primary requirements listed in the previous section –
- Informational Technology
- Communication and teamwork
- Critical thinking
- Project management
- Data analysis
- Independent thinking
M.Sc. MBA Course Curriculum
M.Sc. MBA hones the decision-making ability of students and imbibes them with in-depth knowledge of analytics and its bouquet of existing offerings. Several colleges or universities hold connections overseas to grant students with international experience. The 2-year program dual course program comprises of the following curriculum:
- Three terms at Indian University
- Two terms at universities overseas
- One term dedicated to the internship
The M.Sc. MBA course curriculum emphasizes an understanding of sustainable and effective business models for development and discovery. It also overlays the ethical implications of new therapeutics and equitable access to the fruits of therapeutic discovery.
Key M.Sc. MBA Course Features
- The course program focuses equally on both techniques and technologies. It aims to prepare the students for the current and future landscape of business data.
- Students are introduced to broader exposure to various functional areas of business and how to make vital information.
- Students are educated in any specific domains in analytics such as finance, supply chain, human resources, or marketing.
- Students are educated in developing proficiencies with an in-depth analysis of a variety of software tools such as SQL, SAS, R, Python, and various big data technologies.
- The course curriculum also includes a unique treatment of data, gamification, data modeling tools, analytics, and optimization modeling.
- The course offers an 18-week industry internship under the guidance of a faculty.
- The course project provides analytics projects and assignments on real data pre-tested for analytical accuracy.
|First Trimester||Second Trimester||Third Trimester|
|Business Communication||Economic Analysis- Macro Level||Management Information System- Part II|
|Financial Accounting||Organizational Behaviour- Part II||Business Research Methods|
|Marketing Management- Part I||Financial Marketing||Human Resource Management|
|Economic Analysis- Micro Level||Marketing Management- Part II||Cost Management|
|Organizational Behaviour- Part I||Production and Operations Management- Part I||Economic and Environmental Policy|
|Data Analytics- Part I||Data Analytics- Part II||Production and Operations Management- Part II|
|Management Information System- Part I||Introductory Statistic with R|
|Fourth Trimester||Fifth Trimester||Six Trimester|
|Strategic Management||ITES Strategy and Policy||Environmental Management and Sustainability Development|
|Enterprise Models||Contracts Relationship and Management||Innovation and Entrepreneurship|
|Analysis Modelling and Design||Business Analytics||Managerial Values and Business Ethics|
|IB Law and IP Management||Software Project and Change Management|
Electives: M.Sc. MBA course offers optional courses of study to aspirants in the following areas
|Electives in Analytics||Electives in Finance||Electives in Human Resource|
|Financial Analytics||Commercial and Retail Banking||Compensation and Benefits|
|Marketing Analytics||Quantitative Equity Portfolio Management||Industrial Relations and Labour Laws|
|HR Analytics||Corporate Taxation||Employee Training and Development|
|Supply Chain Analytics||Financial Statement Analysis||Performance Management|
|Machine Learning||Financial Markets||International HRM|
|Applied Statistics in Data Mining||Corporate Valuation|
|Electives in Marketing||Electives in Operation||Electives in General Management|
|Sales and Distribution Management||Manufacturing Planning and Control for Supply Chain Management||Econometrics|
|Strategic Brand Management||Supply Chain Management||Health Care Management|
|B2B Consultative Sales Management||Strategic Sourcing|
|Digital Marketing||Business Process Re-Engineering|
|Retail Management||Advanced Quality Planning and Management|
|Consumer Behaviour||Theory of Constraints|
Admission Procedure for M.Sc. MBA Course
The selection of students is a part of the admission process, and this process is done in two pathways, as explained below:
Applicants to the M.Sc.-MBA course program will be shortlisted based on the eligibility criteria mentioned as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institution with a minimum of 50% aggregate
- Candidates must have completed 10+(2) with an aggregate of 50 percent marks in Mathematics.
- Candidates must have secured a score of 209 or above in NMAT by GMAC, or
- A valid GMAT score of 650 and above, or
- A valid GRE Score of 319, or
- Any other entrance examinations
Upon qualification, selected students will be called for a CDPI and offered a provisional offer of admission.
Upon the successful completion of Part one, selected candidates must complete the application requirements. This process applies to those universities that have tie-ups with institutions overseas.
For such institutions, the following procedure is followed:
Selected students must submit one Language Assessment Test- IELTS/ TOEFL for admission at the allied institution. Students must secure a minimum of 80 in the TOFEL test or a score of 6.5 or higher in the IELTS entrance examination to qualify them.
After initial screening and a personal interview process, students will be offered admission to the National and allied institutions.
M.Sc MBA Course Entrance Examinations
Aspirants must appear for an entrance examination to get admission into M.Sc.-MBA. There are various institutions-based entrance examinations for the M.Sc.-MBA degree program. However, the top four entrance examination are as follows:
|Name of Examination||Conducted by||Eligibility|
|CAT||Indian Institutes of Management IIMs||
|GRE||Educational Testing Service (ETS)||
|GMAT||The Graduate Management Admission Council||
Other institution-based Entrance Examinations for M.Sc. MBA integrated degree program are:
Top Institutions Offering M.Sc. MBA Course
Two allied institutions usually grant M.Sc.-MBA dual degree. Here is a list of Indian universities that are allied with foreign universities to complete the two term-year course for this program:
- Amrita School of Business, Bangalore: offers a collaborative program where the MBA is studied at Amrita. In contrast, the M.Sc course program is pursued at Management of IT services from the State University of New York at Buffalo, USA.
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar: offers two choices- join a partner or receiving university overseas to complete the course program or complete the program at LPU without any international accreditation.
- Christ University, Bangalore: offers a collab for three months with the FHWS, Germany, for MBA certification.
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai: offers two terms of the MBA-MSc dual Degree program at Purdue University, USA. In contrast, the three-term and the 6-month internship program have to complete at NMIMS and India, respectively.
M.Sc. MBA Course Fee Structure
M.Sc-MBA course program fee structure varies significantly across government and private-run institutions. However, the standard fee structure falls between the below-mentioned table:
|Tuition and Other Fee Structure||Rs. 10.6 to Rs. 15.6 Lakhs per academic year|
|Hostel and Mess Fee||Rs. 1.9 to Rs. 30.0 Lakhs per academic year|
|Total Fee||Rs. 12.5 to Rs. 19.5 Lakhs per academic year|
Additional cost for mandatory three to four weeks study trips to any allied universities overseas as part requirement for the MS-MBA Degree costs around three to five Lakhs – subjected to the currency rate and exchanges and is inclusive of everything.
Career Prospects Under M.Sc MBA Course
M.Sc MBA dual specialization offers an exciting and challenging career in the field. Still, the benefits it unfolds is huge as graduates can hold professional positions and earn the extra edge in competitive job markets. They are exposed to gain more skills and expertise is a must to secure the high paid and successful career.
M.Sc MBA course program leverages dedicated professionals, offers a robust career strategy process. It offers tailored one-on-one coaching and formal coursework and a robust suite of tools and resources.
MBA is a well-established post-graduation that opens a path in specializations as a primary qualification. However, with M.Sc alongside, graduates are offered roles that require analytical skills and critical thinking.
Today, graduates can trip over plenty of job opportunities if they are willing to work hard and smart and will be embraced with more significant opportunities. Graduates are qualified with high paying and high-intensity fields such as employment opportunities in the insurance, banking, and other allied industries.
Salary Prospects of an M.Sc MBA Graduate
The freshers in M.Sc-MBA earn around Rs. five lakh to Rs. Eight lakh per annum, the experienced professionals in the field earn between Rs.10 lakhs to Rs. 18 lakhs per annum.
Graduates in the field of Finance hold an average pay package of Rs. Five lacks to ten lakhs per annum. Graduates from Business Analytics in India earn around Rs. 11 lakhs per annum. The average pay package for a graduate in Marketing earns an average pay grade of Rs. 7,52,000 lakhs per annum. Graduates from HR earn a pay grade of Rs. 6, 03,000 per annum.
- As an entry-level investment banker, a graduate in the field can earn around Rs.6,80,000 lakhs per annum.
- As an entry-level Project Management Manager, a graduate from the field earns around Rs.1,60,000 lakhs per annum.
- As an entry-level Business Consultant, a graduate earns around Rs.4,37,000 lakhs per annum.
However, this pay package increases with time and experience.
Courses Similar to M.Sc. MBA
Apart from M.Sc.-MBA, there are some similar courses that you can pursue if you are interested in interior designing such as:
- MBA Integrated
FAQ’s on M.Sc MBA Course
What is the upper-hand of M.Sc.-MBA over regular master courses?
M.Sc-MBA dual course program covers twice the courseload in the stipulated time. While the MSc section of the dual degree is designed to cater to students to master the precise business field’s specific demands, the MBA section of the course aims to strengthen the student’s personal, communication, and leadership skills. Also, M.Sc. MBA education on the aspects of designing and developing technology-intensive products.
How long is the duration of the course?
M.Sc-MBA course has a total duration of 2 years and is divided into six semesters.
How beneficial is the M.Sc-MBA course program?
Through the course program, you learn more and move forward to become a specialist in not just one, but two areas. Dual degrees are spread across different institutions in terms of network, so you get access to two big networks.
What is the eligibility criteria to be met for the M.Sc-MBA course program?
Aspiring candidates must meet the following criteria:
- An aggregate of 55% to 60% and above undergraduates of computer science, engineering, or a related field, with a record of academic excellence, is eligible to apply.
- Candidates with first-class specifications in high and higher school ( 10 and 10+2) are eligible to apply.
- Final year graduation students are eligible to apply.
What are the top four institutions that offer M.Sc-MBA course program?
- Amrita School of Business, Bangalore
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai