LAMP Fellowship 2020-21: LAMP fellowship, which is an abbreviation for Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament (LAMP) fellowship, is a program that provides students an opportunity to learn about law-making and public policy. The LAMP fellows are directly mentored by an MP (Member of Parliament).
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
Selected candidates will work full time with the MPs, assisting them with research support, drafting materials for zero hour debates, framing parliamentary questions, and raising matters of public importance. The tenure of the fellowship usually begins from the Monsoon season until the end of the Budget session.
LAMP Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
The following are the minimum criteria required to be deemed eligible under this scholarship.
- Candidates must not be more than 25 years of age
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any academic discipline
- Candidates must be Indian citizens
LAMP Fellowship Dates
For the year 2020-21, the application window has ended. Lamp Fellowship last date was 26th January 2020). The next application window is expected to begin from January 2021 (tentative). The Fellowship starts from the middle of June every year and concludes in the following April – May (subject to the Parliamentary calendar).
LAMP Fellowship Stipend
- A stipend of INR 20,000 per month for the course of the fellowship
- An opportunity to be a legislative assistant to a running Member of Parliament
- An opportunity to learn public policy and law-making.
LAMP Fellowship Application Process 2020
Follow the following steps to apply for the PRS LAMP Fellowship Application Form
- Lamp application 2020 will open in January 2020.
- The application process will be made in online mode only.
- Along with the application form, the candidate will also be required to submit a statement of intent and an analysis essay of 500 words each.
- The statement of intent should be able to explain your candidature and why do you consider yourself as a good fit for the fellowship.
- The essay should include an in-depth analysis of a policy or law.
LAMP Fellowship Selection Process
- Interested candidates will initially have to submit two 500-word essays. This will be followed by the scrutinization of the candidate’s application.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to attend an interview conducted by the PRS before being selected by the PRS.
FAQ’s on LAMP Fellowship 2020
What is LAMP Fellowship?
Interested candidates will have to visit https://prsindia.org/lamp to access the application form.
When is the last date to apply?
The application window is closed for 2020.