International Informatics Olympiad [iiO]: International Informatics Olympiad [iiO] is an International-level exam conducted every year to assess the proficiency and competency of aspirants in the field of Computer Science.
The International Informatics Olympiad [iiO] 2020-2021 examination will be conducted on November 03, 2020, and December 08, 2020, as the first level of examination for aspirants from standard I to Standard X.
International Informatics Olympiad (iiO) Highlights
The International Informatics Olympiad [iiO] 2020 is an international-level examination to test and hone the skills and knowledge of students in the field of Computer science.
The International Informatics Olympiad [iiO] highlights for 2020 exams are mentioned below in a tabular format.
|Full Exam Name||International Informatics Olympiad|
|Conducting Body||SilverZone Foundation|
|Frequency of conduction||Once a year|
|Date of exam||November 03, 2020|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||OMR or Computer Based Test|
|Exam Duration||One hour|
International Informatics Olympiad 2020 Level of Examination
The International Informatics Olympiad 2020 is an intermediate- level of examination organised by the SilverZone foundation. The exam is conducted on three-levels or zones.
- Level One: The level one of the International Informatics Olympiad 2020 exams is eligible for students participating from I to XII.
- Level Two: The top 500 qualified students from the level-one Olympiad rank list from each class are eligible to take up the top positions in the level-two examination. The rank holders must hold a minimum of 75 percent aggregate of marks to deem eligible for level-two examination.
- Level Three: The level three examination is an offline mode of exam conducted in New Delhi. All the first rank holders from classes VI to XII in the level-two examination are eligible to take part in the level-three International Informatics Olympiad 2020 examination process.
International Informatics Olympiad Registration
The registration for the International Informatics Olympiad 2020 exam is open. The registration form will be sent to the school, the responsible conducting body, for interested candidates as no individual registrations are encouraged.
- Date of Registration: The last date to register for the International Informatics Olympiad 2020 exam is October 31, 2020.
- Fee for Registration: A payable fee amount of Rs. 125/- (US$8 for students from international schools) is payable by each participating candidate studying in various schools in India. The school may also acquire a small amount up to Rs. 25/- (US$2 for students from international schools)from each student towards remuneration to invigilators, an honorarium of Olympiad in-charge, or for other miscellaneous expenses.
Note: A minimum of 25 students from each class are applicable to appear for the International Informatics Olympiad 2020.
International Informatics Olympiad Syllabus
Students from standard I to X pursuing Computer science as a part of their curriculum are applicable to write the iiO 2020 examination. The course curriculum mainly comprises questions that are based on computer science, aptitude, and reasoning.
The curriculum comprises three units, the second unit is reasoning and aptitude, while the third unit is Scholar’s zone for all classes. However, the first unit is based on the class-wise computer science syllabus.
The class-wise break-up for Unit 01 is as follows:
|Standard I||Standard II||Standard III|
|Introduction of computer, introduction to MS-Paint, application of computer, central parts of computers and its peripherals.||Input-output devices and its processing devices, introduction to Windows 10, uses of computer/working of the computer, more about MS-Paint, introduction to Wordpad/notepad.||Parts of computers, a brief of memory or hardware and software, a brief of history or generations of computer, more about Windows 10, MS-Paint, and other miscellaneous.|
|Standard IV||Standard V||Standard VI|
|Computer and its peripherals/memory, software classification/Windows 10, computer languages/processor, word processing, MS-Paint/Wordpad and notepad.||Information and computer system, Windows 10, internet and networking, application of multimedia, MS-Word and Excel.||Types of computer and its devices, networking and internet, more about on Windows 10, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Powerpoint, HTML.|
|Standard VII||Standard VIII||Standard IX|
|Operating system and computer languages, Excel, Networking and internet, PowerPoint, MS-Word, Excel, and HTML.||Computer and memory system, HTML, Windows 10, MS-Word and excel, Number system, and data representation.||Classification of computer, HTML and CSS, operating system, number system, logic gates, MS-Access, Internet and networking.|
|Standard X||Standard XI||Standard XII|
|Logic gates, MS-Access, CSS and HTML, internet application.||Fundamentals of Web technology and Multimedia.||Fundamentals of Web technology and Multimedia.|
International Informatics Olympiad Sample Paper
Sample papers are a crucial reference source for any olympiad examination. Upon completing the preparation along with tips, students can evaluate their competency and subject knowledge by practising a few of the International Informatics Olympiad (iiO) sample test papers.
Given below are the class-wise break-ups of the International Informatics Olympiad solved sample papers to impart students with a clear idea about the kind of questions asked in the International Informatics Olympiad 2020 examination.
Through the practice of the sample papers, students receive a hand on analysis of the subject-specific papers.
|Class I||Click Here|
|Class II||Click Here|
|Class III||Click Here|
|Class IV||Click Here|
|Class V||Click Here|
|Class VI||Click Here|
|Class VII||Click Here|
|Class VIII||Click Here|
|Class IX||Click Here|
|Class X||Click Here|
|Class XI||Sample Paper|
|Class XII||Sample Paper|
International Informatics Olympiad Admit Card
Admit cards are of vital importance as students have to carry it on the day of the examination. Registered candidates must download the admit card from the official website and is applicable only for the first level of examination.
- Admit Card: The Admit Card is distributed to all the affiliated schools before two to three of the International Informatics Olympiad 2020 examination.
- Distribution: After the official announcement on the Silver Zone’s website, the schools will distribute the card. Upon receiving the admit card, students must carry the card to the examination hall.
- Information: The admit card comprises the essential details such as Student’s Name, Session, Father/Mother’s Name, Date and other vital basics along with the rules and regulations mentioned by the Olympiad board.
After downloading the International Informatics Olympiad 2020 admit card, students must cross-check and verify the card to ensure correct information.
International Informatics Olympiad 2020 Results
- The International Informatics Olympiad 2020 result for the level-one examination will be declared by the third week of January 2021.
- Students can check their International Informatics Olympiad 2020 exam results by visiting the official website and entering the credentials.
- The level two examination result will be announced by the third week of March 2021.
- The results for the Level-three examination will be reported in August or September 2021.
- All students will receive a descriptive assessment report along with the results and a participation certificate that helps them to map the exam performance in the Olympiad.
International Informatics Olympiad Fee Structure 2020
- Indian Schools: The participation fee amount for the International Informatics Olympiad 2020 exam is Rs. 125/- per student. The school may also acquire a small amount up to Rs. 25/- to compensate for the expenses towards an honorarium of the invigilator, postal expenses, DD charges, and photocopying, etc.
- International Schools: The participation fee amount for students from International schools (outside India) is USD 8 per student. The schools will also collect an amount of USD 2 to meet its expenses towards an honorarium of the invigilator, postal expenses, DD charges, and photocopying, etc.
- Mode of Payment: The mode of payment for Indian schools and overseas is online.
International Informatics Olympiad Reference Materials
SilverZone has posted various reference materials and books on the official website for students appearing from I to XII. The reference books for International Informatics Olympiad 2020 is as follows:
- Comprehensive book
- Previous year question paper booklet
- Computer Olympiad excellence guide