IIHS Fellowship 2020: IIHS Fellowship program is an initiative of the Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS). This program offers the Urban Fellows Programme (UFP) to Bachelor’s degree holders. The UFP is a scholarship-based full-time, inter-disciplinary and residential fellowship conducted for 10 months. This fellowship is based at the IIHS City Campus Bengaluru. The UFP will be delivered through 8 months of in-class teaching, followed by 2 months of internship placements. It will be conducted in the candidate’s particular internship organization locations.
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
IIHS Fellowship encourages people with disabilities, women candidates, and socio-economic excluded communities. Application for IIHS Fellowship releases on the official website of IIHS. The application process will begin on 16th March 2020. So, eligible candidates can fill out the form and apply for this fellowship on or before 19th April 2020. The article below provides complete information about IIHS Fellowship.
IIHS Urban Fellows Programme 2020-21
IIHS Urban Fellowship Programme (UFP) can be applied through online or by post. IIHS is a national education institute located in Bengaluru. It is committed to the efficient, sustainable, and equitable transformation of Indian settlements. UFP is part of this commitment to make a supportive teaching and learning environment. It introduces the diverse forms of urban practice by combining classroom-based teaching, working in live projects, external internships, and site-based applied to learn.
IIHS aims to provide an open, safe, diverse, and enabling environment. IIHS applying its curriculum framework in full-time teaching in the UFP. It also expects the highest standards of ethics from the Fellow’s personal and professional interactions. It also supports candidates with limited English speaking ability. UFP enables candidates to understand the issues of the global south from multiple disciplinary perspectives. Young talented Fellows seeking to enter the urban sector can learn from the UFP practice. UFP also enables Fellows to develop skills to understand, analyze, and identify the urbanization issues in India.
IIHS Fellowship Overview
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS)|
|Fellowship Name||IIHS Fellowship|
|Awards||The selected candidates will get the tuition fees and stipends for the daily living expenses|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||19th April 2020|
IIHS Fellowship Dates
|Start of Application||March 16, 2020|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||April 19, 2020 (Friday 11:59 pm, IST)|
|Contact to the Selected Candidates to Setup Interview Times and Dates||Third Week of May 2020|
|Inform to Selected and Waitlisted Candidates||Last Week of June 2020|
IIHS Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for RGNF:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must have basic proficiency in reading English.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any subject.
- Candidate’s age must not be more than 30 years at the time of starting the program.
- Candidates born on or after 1st August 1990 are eligible.
- Candidates who have completed non-degree training and certification programs after their 12th class are also eligible.
- Candidates without any formal education after their 12th class may also apply, more preferably formal or informal work experience in urban sectors.
- Candidates holding OCI Card are not eligible.
- Citizens of Nepal with valid Id proof like Nepalese Passport or Citizen Certificate or Voter ID Card are also eligible.
IIHS Fellowship Selection Process
The Selections for IIHS Fellowship made on the basis of received applications and personal interviews. Around 100 to 150 candidates will be shortlisted for an interview based on the total number of applications. In the interview, an assessment is conducted to analyze the candidate’s statement of purpose and motivation. The interviews will be conducted in person or through Skype. They may also conduct telephonic interviews in exceptional circumstances.
The final decision for the admission will be made based on the scores from the written application and interview. All the fellows who get admission have to deposit a refundable amount of Rs. 20,000. So that they can secure their admission. On successful completion of the fellowship, the deposit amount will be refunded. However, the candidate who has financial needs may request a waiver of the deposit. This will be considered if the candidate will indicate it in the admission form.
The UFP is responsible for providing scholarships to all candidates who receive admission. But, unable to pay the program tuition, after reviewing their financial needs. That is why this program is the need-blind. The candidate’s selection and admission into the program will not be affected by their ability to pay.
IIHS Fellowship Benefits
IIHS Fellowship provides the following IIHS Fellowship Salary to the selected candidates:
- Candidates will get the facility of 8 months in-class teaching that includes housing, internet access, housekeeping services, meals, and a central laundry. It will be followed by 2 months of internship placements.
- The selected candidates will get the tuition fee waiver.
- The candidates who have significant financial need will get the stipend for daily living expenses.
- Candidates who get admission will be availed of the free shared accommodation for the program.
IIHS Fellowship Application Process
The application for the IIHS Fellowship program releases online on the official website of IIHS. Candidates can fill and submit the application on 19th April 2020. Candidates can also submit the application in offline mode by post. Candidates must read the instructions carefully before filling the IIHS application. Make sure to keep all the essential documents prior to filling the IIHS Fellowship application form. Refer to the below points to apply for IIHS Fellowship Programme.
- Visit the official website of IIHS.
- Register yourself by entering the name, email Id, and password.
- After registration, login and fill the correct information in the application form.
- Enter your basic personal and educational information, work or internship or volunteering experience, if any.
- Submit the application along with documents online or by post to the below address
The Admissions Committee
IIHS Bengaluru City Campus, 2nd Main Road,
No. 197/36, Sadashivanagar,
Bangalore – 560080.
IIHS Fellowship Fees
The candidates who get admission have to pay a tuition fee of Rs 1.75 lacs (inclusive of GST) for the UFP 2020-21 entire program. This amount will be payable in three installments over the year. There is a 10% discount for the candidates who are making a single payment at the start of the program. This fee includes UFP’s costs of travel as well as expenditure on local and intercity travel for the practical and applied projects.
Documents Required for IIHS Fellowship
Upload the scanned copy of the essential documents along with the fellowship application. The following are the list of essential documents to apply for the IIHS Fellowship.
- Candidates personal statement
- Essays up to 400 words about your descriptive and analytical ability
- Candidates own preparation of audio-visual material that compliments the uploaded application
- The candidate would like to provide any other information up to 200 words
- Work sample in text, audio files, portfolio or in visual media format
- Name and contact information of two either academic or professional references
IIHS Fellowship Contact Details
In case of any queries related to IIHS Fellowship, contact to the below-given details:
Email ID – [email protected]
Phone – + 91 99012 55788/ 96064 84336
FAQ’s on IIHS Fellowship
What is the IIHS Fellowship?
IIHS Fellowship program is an initiative of the Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS). This program offers the Urban Fellows Programme (UFP) to Bachelor’s degree holders.
What is Urban Fellows Programme (UFP)?
The UFP is a scholarship-based full-time, inter-disciplinary and residential fellowship conducted for 10 months. This fellowship is based at the IIHS City Campus Bengaluru. The UFP will be delivered through 8 months of in-class teaching, followed by 2 months of internship placements. It will be conducted in the candidate’s particular internship organization locations.
Is IIHS Fellowship available to all state candidates?
Yes, it is available for recent graduates and talented professionals of various educational backgrounds across India.
What are the starting and closing dates to submit the IIHS Fellowship application?
The IIHS Fellowship application starting date is 16th March 2020. Whereas the closing date for submission of the IIHS Fellowship application is 19th April 2020.
Is IIHS Fellowship applied in both online and offline mode?
Yes, IIHS Fellowship can be applied both online and by post.
We hope this article will help you to get more information about IIHS Fellowship. If you have queries related to IIHS Fellowship, then leave it in the comment box to get in touch with us.