Geography is an interesting and high scoring subject. Most of the students confuse with geography as a subject which requires mugging. But friends, behind every phenomena there is some logic such as coming of rains, monsoon, formation of rivers etc. once you are familiar with the nature of soil, weather conditions of any place, you can easily gain good marks in geography.
The best way to learn geography is by following the school books. But it may happen that you may not be able to find answers to all the problems of the practice exercise. So, to help you out, we have compiled the most authentic and latest ICSE solutions for class 8 Geography Voyage PDF.
Class 8 Voyage Geography ICSE Solutions – Free PDF Download Chapter wise
Class 8 Geography Voyage ICSE Solutions
Theme 1: Representation of Geographical Features
1. Interpreting Topographical Maps
Theme 2: Population Dynamics
Theme 3: Migration
Theme 4: Urbanization
Theme 5: Natural and Man-Made Disasters
5. Natural and Man-made Disasters with Case Studies
Theme 6: Natural and Man-Made Disasters
6. Disaster Management
7. Asia: Location, Extent, Political and Physical Features
8. Asia: Climate and Natural Vegetation
Theme 7: India — Geographical Features
9. India: Location, Extent, Political and Physical Features
10. India: Climate, Natural Vegetation, Forests and Wildlife
11. Human Resources in India
- Model Test Paper 1
- Model Test Paper 2
Here I will be sharing few tips which will make learning geography as fun.
- Follow the ICSE solutions for class 8 for a better preparation.
- Try using mnemonics i.e. short forms for the things which you don’t remember.
- Try to visualize the geographical location of the place and then learn the concepts. Things will automatically fall into the place.
- Try to break the complete answer into small points or keywords. This will help in a better and effective learning. Also, this will ensure that you do not miss out on any information.
- Geography is more into connecting things. Associate the things which you learn with the previous version. For example, to know what type of vegetation is grown in a particular area, try to recall what type of soil is found in that area.
- Revise regularly what you learn. Keep an atlas handy which will help you to learn the geographical location as well as its physical attributes as well.
You may be able to pass the exam by cramming just one day before the exam but the learning would be short term. Geography is something which is applied in real lives as well. Such as weather forecasting, rain prediction, low pressure and high pressure zones etc.
The best way to learn geography is to make notes and revise a lot. This will help you to retain the information for years to come and you won’t need to Google anything when your friend asks you where that country or something is like that.
Few examination tips for writing your exam
- While writing your maps don’t ever mess it up with unnecessary markings. Rather use some symbols or color coding to represent the map and list them below the map.
- Try to use uppercase letter while making any markings on exam.
- It is always to give the answer in point wise structure. This will create a good impression towards the examiner.
- Don’t forget to attach your map and write your name and roll number over it too.
- Try to underline the important keywords.
- Revise at least two times.
Ncertbooks.guru provides 100% authentic study material for CBSE and ICSE boards schools that too in Hindi, English and Urdu mediums.