How to Join CRPF in India: Are you someone who wants to contribute to the nation’s security? Do you love handling tough situations with courage and strength? If you always wanted to be in the police force, the CRPF is something that should be in your mind. If you want to know about how to join CRPF in India, then read out the complete blog.
Central Reserve Police Force is also famous as the premier paramilitary force of the Armed force of the Indian Union. Their major role is to maintain peace and security within the center. The establishment of CRPF was in the year 1939 as the crown council. The deployment of CRPF is to oppose insurgency and to Maintain law and order.
Refer to Course Details to know more about related courses and find details like Admission Process, Eligibility Criteria, etc.
Their allocation is made at places that are hard struck with problems due to natural disasters such as floods.
- Eligibility Criteria to Join CRPF in India
- Skills Required to Join CRPF
- Selection Procedure to Join CRPF
Eligibility Criteria to Join CRPF in India
- A candidate must have an educational qualification of 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream.
- A candidate should be able to type (30-40 words per minute in English and 25-40 words per word in Hindi along with shorthand 80 words per minute). This is one of the necessary initial qualifying criteria.
- Both males and females are eligible for joining CRPF. But female candidates are offered specific positions only in CRPF.
- The age criteria for joining CRPF is between 18-25 years of age.
- The physical requirements for male candidates are 170cm in height for general candidates (5cm relaxation for SC, ST, and OBC category candidates). The chest size should be 81cm with expansion. Again, 5cm of relaxation is for reserved categories.
- The physical requirements for females are 157cm in height for general category candidates and 3-4cm relaxation is for reserved categories.
- A candidate must have a clear vision without any defect. The distant vision for the eye is 6/6 for one eye and 6/9 for the other eye.
- If a candidate persists in any physical defects such as knock knees, flat feet squint in eyes, then he/she will not be eligible for further process.
Skills Required to Join CRPF
- A candidate should have good communication skills.
- A candidate should persist in problem-solving skills.
- The ability to handle extreme workload
- Team cooperation and leadership skills
- A candidate should be Resilient.
Selection Procedure to Join CRPF
There are various stages that you need to clear to join CRPF. Here are the stages that you will have to go through.
After submitting the application form, if you will satisfy the eligibility criteria. Then, you will move towards the initial stage which is the written examination. The written examination stage consists of two hours. The exam consists of four sections.
- The verbal ability section includes Hindi/English language questions.
- Quantitative aptitude sections that check your numerical solving ability.
- General intelligence or logical reasoning questions that check whether you are efficient in problem-solving skills or not.
- The last stage will be clerical aptitude.
Typing and/or shorthand test
After you qualify for the written examination, the next level of the test will check your efficiency in speed. In this, the typing test will be there. A candidate should be able to type (30-40 words per minute in English and 25-40 words per word in Hindi along with shorthand 80 words per minute). This is one of the necessary initial qualifying criteria.
The next stage is the personal interview round. In this stage. In this, the panel of judges will sit together to conduct interviews of candidates. You will have to answer General questions, some tricky questions that will check your skills. The judges basically want to understand whether you are fit for the role or not.
Before, you move on to the next stage of physical efficiency. Physical measurements are taken. Only if you satisfy the physical measurements, then you can move on to the next level.
Physical Efficiency Test
If a candidate will clear all the previous rounds. Then, he/she will have to appear for a physical efficiency test. This round includes tests such as one mile run in six and half minutes, long jump, etc. If you have NCC ‘C’ certification or certificate of participation in any national-level sports game, then you will get some extra bonus points.
If you are someone who always has a dream to join the police force, the CRPF is one of the best choices for you. With determination, dedication, and hard work, you will achieve your goal.