How to join CBI: Are you someone who has a keen interest in mysterious activities, investigation and always looks out for problem-solving opportunities? Do you want to join but are not aware of How to join CBI? Here is the detailed information on how to join CBI.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is the prime investigating agency of India. The organization operates under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, the Indian Government. It was set up in 1965 with an aim to investigate bribery and corruption in government authorities.
Later, with jurisdiction expansion, there was the inclusion of other responsibilities such as investigation in breaches of central laws enforceable by the Government of India, crime associated with multi-state, multi-agency, or international cases. The agency is famous for investigating various crimes related to the economy, corruption cases, special cases, and so on. It has designation as India’s officially single stop of contact for liaison with Interpol. It has an exemption from the provision of the Right to Information Act (RTI).
Refer to Course Details to know more about related courses and find details like Admission Process, Eligibility Criteria, etc.
- A candidate must have a graduation degree from any recognized university/college from any stream.
- A Candidate must have more than 50% in the Bachelor’s degree.
- The age limit to join CBI in any level position is 20-30 years for the general category. A relaxation of 5 years is available for SC/ST category candidates and 3 years for OBC category candidates.
- In order to join CBI, a candidate must have to satisfy physical fitness criteria.
- The physical fitness criteria for height is 165 cm for males and 150 cm for females. The chest size should be 76 cm with expansion for males. The chest criteria are not applicable for females.
- You should have a distant Vision: 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in another eye and a near Vision of 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in another eye.
If you are looking to join the CBI in India, then there are three ways to enter the Central Bureau of Investigation. The first way to clear the SSC-CGL exam and the rest of the ways is to enter by giving the UPSC Exam (Union Public Service Commission). If you want to enter group C to Group B level as a sub-inspector or in any other position. Then, you can give the SSC-CGL exam. After qualifying for the SSC-CGL exam, you will get successive promotions. With subsequent promotions, you will become a Superintendent of Police(SP) in CBI.
Another way is to clear the UPSC entrance exam by securing a desirable rank. After you will get a good rank, you can be an IPS officer. After passing time, you can ask for a transfer to CBI. In this way, you will get a high-level position in CBI.
The last way is also by giving the UPSC exam. In this way, you need to clear the UPSC exam for the position of Deputy Supt. of Police (DSP). After passing the exam, you will get into Grade A CBI officer. You need to do complete hard work.
- Physical Fitness.
- Mental Fitness
- Concentration Power
- Logical mindset
- Patience to handle Work Pressure.
- Readiness to travel
- Observation skill
- Analytical Mind and Problem-solving skill
The Salary at the initial level in CBI in junior-level varies from 13000rs to 15000rs. For assistant and supreme level positions, the salary goes up from Rs30,000 to Rs40,000 per month. With successive promotions, the salary level will increase. CBI is one of the reputed agencies in India and apart from salary, you will get some other benefits from the government such as transport allowance, house rent allowance and many more.
If you are thinking of getting a job at CBI, then you are absolutely on the right track. It is one of the most accountable careers in India. You will get more than a sufficient salary. If getting into the investigation, and dissemination of corruption from India is something you want and want to contribute towards it. Then, go ahead with entering into the CBI. SSC-CGL and UPSC are one of the toughest exams in India. But with determination, passion, and dedication, you will achieve your goal. So go ahead with it.