How to Join BSF in India?: BSF or Border Security Force is the paramilitary force that is under the control of the central government. Their major role is to protect India’s land borders and to prevent illegal penetration of attackers and keep an eye on transboundary activities. They work as a forceful and united unit to give protection to Indian borders. BSF is the world’s largest border protection force.
Are you someone who is looking for how to join BSF in India? But is not aware of the eligibility, procedure, and various other information. Then, read out the complete article.
Refer to Course Details to know more about related courses and find details like Admission Process, Eligibility Criteria, etc.
- Eligibility Criteria to join BSF in India
- Salary of a BSF in India
- Selection Procedure to Enter BSF in India
- Physical Measurement Test & Documents Verification:
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Written Examination and Medical Examination
- Merit List
- In order to join BSF, a candidate must have passed class 10th for the position of a constable. For sub-inspector or any other high-level degree, you must have a graduation degree from any recognized university.
- There is no requirement to have any particular percentage to qualify in terms of educational qualification.
- To qualify for the BSF, a candidate must have to satisfy the height criteria that is 170 cm for male candidates and 157 cm for female candidates. There is relaxation for SC, ST, and other backward castes.
- For male candidates, the chest size is taken into consideration. Your chest size must be at least 80cm without expansion and 85cm without expansion. This criterion is not applicable to females.
- For both male and female candidates, the weight should be according to the body mass index (BMI).
- A candidate must have high colour vision without any physical defect. The eyesight must be either 6/6 or 6/9 without spectacles.
- If you have any medical disorder or any genetic issue like knock-knee, colour blindness, or any other physical problem, etc. Then, you will not be able to join BSF.
The Salary in BSF is quite decent and it varies from position to position. The salary for the constable is around 8-9 thousand rupees, and for the sub-constable, assistant sub-inspector it varies from INR 9,000-12,000. For the commandant, it goes up to 46 thousand per month. Apart from salary, you will get some other benefits from the government also.
In order to join BSF, you need to clear some selection levels. The selection levels are:
- Physical Test
- Documents Verification of the candidate
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Written Examination
- Medical Examination
- Merit list
The initial level after filing the application form is to appear for the Physical Test. You need to clear the physical eligibility criteria in order to join the BSF. Your physical measurement will be taken and if you will satisfy the eligibility criteria, then the next stage is document verification. You will have to go for verification of documents such as Aadhar Card, HIgh school passing certificate, Caste certificate (if any) by the army officials.
The Physical Efficiency Test is the test of the candidate’s efficiency to perform various tasks that require competency in physical fitness. There will be various types of physical activities such as:
- 1.6 km race in 7 minute
- Long jump test
- 1.2-meter High jump
There might be other tests as well such as shot-put. So, you can prepare accordingly for the physical test.
One of the major levels is the written examination and medical examination. This level is the final stage to decide your entry into BSF. In the written test, there will be 100 questions. The questions will be objective questions that include Multiple Choices to answer. If you will clear this level, then you will have to give a Medical Examination.
After completion of all the levels, the announcement of merit occurs. The Merit list is created with the inclusion of all the marks in all the levels. If you will appear on the Merit list, then you are ready to join the Border Security Force.
In recent times, the Union government has come up with a decision to combine BSF and various other Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFS) to create a unified body with a designation as ICAPS (Indian Central Armed Police Service) to keep both the forces on an equal level with the Civil Services. With this, the recruitment of candidates will be through UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). So, if you are thinking of joining BSF, you are on the right track. As with the implementation of these changes, a better rank, salary, career will be offered in this field.