If you are a creative person and fond of becoming a jewelry designer in India, then this page is for you. Designing jewelry is quite a complex task and requires only expertise since these people will be working with expensive metals and gemstones. To become a Certified jewelry Designer in India, one will have to enroll and qualify in a UG or PG Jewelry Design course.
But do you know what course you will have to pursue to become a jewelry designer, what career opportunities you will have, and salary details? The answers to all these questions are provided on this page. On this page, you can find everything about the scope of jewelry designing in India and many other details. Read further to find out more.
What Qualifications Do You Need to Be a jewelry Designer?
The qualification and eligibility criteria to become a jewelry designer in India are explained below.
- Candidates must have cleared their Class 10 and 12 exams or equivalent exams from a recognised university.
- Candidates should enrol in a UG jewelry design course.
- This is optional. Those candidates who want to do masters in jewelry design should have cleared their UG exam with a good score.
The Skills Required to Become a jewelry Designer in India
The list of skills that one needs to become a jewelry designer in India is as follows:
- Communication Skills
- Good Eye-sight
- Visual Imagination
- Technical Knowledge
Courses for jewelry Designers in India
In order to become a jewelry designer in India, one will have to enrol in UG or PG courses. The list of courses in which one can enrol to become a jewelry stylist is as follows:
UG jewelry Design Courses in India
- BDes jewelry Design
- BA jewelry Design
- Bachelor of Commerce in jewelry Design and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in jewelry Design and Management
- BBA in jewelry Design and Management
Other jewelry Design Courses in India
- jewelry Design & Technology Diploma Program
- Complete jewelry Designing
- Basic Jewelry Designing
- jewelry Design: Finishing, Polishing, & Electroplating
- jewelry Design: Engraving & Enamelling
- jewelry Design: Stone Setting
- Gemology Course
- The Diamond Grading Course
- The Gemstone Identification Course
- jewelry Design: Quality Control (QC) Course
- jewelry Photography Course
Top Colleges in India for Becoming a Jewelry Designer
The list of top colleges to become a jewelry designer in India is as follows:
- Jaipur’s ARCH College of Design & Business
- Biyani Group of Colleges (BGC), Jaipur
- Ellen’s School of Art and Design (ESAD), Jaipur
- Jain University (JU Bangalore), Bengaluru
- NSAM Academy of Fashion & Interior Design (NSAM Academy), Navi Mumbai.
- Parul University, Gujarat
- Bengaluru’s Vogue Institute of Art and Design (VIAD)
Employment Areas for jewelry Designers in India
The employment areas where a jewelry designer can find jobs in India are as follows:
1. jewelry Designer: Candidates who choose this job profile will create jewels and accessories out of various precious metals, crystals, beads, and gemstones. Initially, the person who is under this profile will have to do a technical drawing of the jewelry piece. After the technical drawing is done, computer-aided design software is used to turn the technical drawing into a model. Finally, a 3D-printed prototype is created, and the jewelry is created based on this prototype by executing jobs such as metal casting, stone setting, engraving, and enamelling.
2. jewelry Consultant: Those people who are working under this profile are responsible for assisting their clients or customers regarding their jewelry selection, explanation of jewelry metals, and customer requirements within their budgets.
3. Gemologist: Those people who have chosen this profile are gemstone and gem experts. Gemologists examine several elements of gems and stones in order to assess their quality, authenticity, and worth. Gemologists are also responsible for identifying the composition and purity of gemstones.
- How to become an Archaeologist in India
- How to become an Architect in India
- How to become an Interior Designer in India
Top Recruiters for jewelry Designers in India
jewelry and accessories are part of every human’s daily life. And there are various corporates that have set up huge organisations to serve human needs by designing jewelry of all types. Thus, there are ample opportunities for jewelry designers in India, and some of the top recruiters who recruit jewelry designers in India are as follows:
- Amrapali Jewels
- Gitanjali Jewellers
- Kalyan Jewellers
- Diamonds and Malabar Gold
- Orra Jewelry
- PC Chandra Jewellers
- Tanishq by Tata Group
- TBZ-Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri Ltd.
- Kundan Refinery Private Ltd.
- RIIL Jewellers
- DIANI Jewels
- The Jewel Bar
Salaries of jewelry Designers in India
The annual salary of a jewelry designer in India ranges between Rs 4 lakhs and Rs 6 lakhs per annum. However, this salary varies based on the candidate’s college, experience, and skills. Look at the table below to get a detailed analysis of jewelry designers in India:
|Experience Level||Annual Salary of a jewelry Designer for Entry-Level Candidates|
|2 to 4 lakh rupees|
|Mid-Level Candidates||4 to 6 lakh rupees|
|Senior Level Candidates||6 to 8 lakh rupees|
FAQs on jewelry Designers in India
The frequently asked questions on how to become a jewelry designer in India are given below:
1. How much do jewelry designers earn?
Depending on the candidate’s skills, the salary would vary. However, entry-level jewelry designers earn around 15,000 per month. Expert jewelry designers, on the other hand, earn around Rs 1 lakh per month.
2. What are the jewelry designing course fees in India?
The jewelry design course fees in India are listed below:
- 80,000 to 3,35,000 for a B.Des in jewelry Design
- 20,000 to 1,00,000 for a Diploma in jewelry Design.
- 24,000 to 4,03,000 for a B.A. in jewelry Design and Manufacturing Techniques
- 1,00,000 to 3,00,000 for a B.Sc. in jewelry Design and Management
- 80,000 to 300,000 for a M.Sc. in jewelry Design
- M.Des in jewelry Design will cost 90,000 to 3,000,000
3. What is the age limit for the jewelry designing course?
There is no upper age limit to enrol in a jewelry design course. However, a candidate must be at least 17 years old to enrol in a jewelry designer course in India.
We hope this page on how to become a jewelry designer is helpful to you. If you have any questions related to this page or in general about how to become a jewelry designer in India, please ping us through the comment box below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.