What is G. P. Birla Scholarship 2019?
G. P. Birla Educational Foundation is offering G. P. Birla Scholarship 2019 to meritorious students from West Bengal, who have passed class 12 examination in 2019. The selected candidate will receive a scholarship worth INR 50,000 per year and other benefits. The scholarship can be availed by students pursuing courses in any stream including Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, etc.
Who is offering this scholarship?
G. P. Birla Educational Foundation is offering this scholarship. The trust has been established to carry forward the cherished dream of renowned Philanthropist and Industrialist Late Shri G. P. Birla to empower the youth of the country, develop human resources and promote education.
Who can apply for this scholarship?
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a citizen of West Bengal
- Have passed class XII examination with 80% marks or more from State Board or 85% marks or more from the Central Board
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 3,00,000 per year
- Be in need of financial help to pursue further studies
- Be continuing studies in any stream including Arts, Science, Medicine, Engineering, Architecture, Law, Commerce, or professional courses like Company Secretaryship, Cost Accountancy and Chartered Accountancy course from a recognized Indian University/Institution.
Note: The maximum income criteria can be relaxed for students who have scored 95% or more in State Board and 97% or more in Central Board examination on the discretion of the Trustees.
What are the benefits?
A total of 100 scholarships are granted to meritorious students every year that includes –
- Scholarship of up to INR 50,000 per annum to cover the tuition fees and hostel fees
- Additional one-time payment of INR 7,000 towards the purchase of books in the first year of college.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Download the application form.
Step 2: Fill the form with the required information (personal, educational, etc.) and attach a photograph.
Step 3: Complete the form and attach the required documents and send to the address below:
GP Birla Educational Foundation
78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue
Kolkata – 700019
What are the documents required for the G. P. Birla Scholarship 2019?
- Copy of completed application form attested by the Head of the Institution from which the student has passed class 12 or where he has taken admission
- Proof of admission at a university/college
- Copy of academic certificates and grade reports for the last examination.
- Copy of other certificates for extracurricular achievements.
- Proof of Income:
- Copy of Form 16 or Salary Certificate (if father or mother is employed in the private or government sector), OR
- Copy of Income Tax Return (in any other case)
What are the selection criteria?
The selection of students is made by an expert panel of the Trust that currently includes eminent members like Prof. Sumanta Basu (Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata) and Dr. Rajib Das (Jadavpur University, Kolkata). The expert panel reviews the applications received and interview shortlisted prospective candidates after which the final selection is done.
What are the important dates ?
Last date for receipt of application:15th July 2019
Terms and Conditions
- Applications may be forwarded through the Head of the Institution from which the student has passed class 12 or where he has taken admission.
- The scholarship is granted for one year at a time.
- It can be continued further up to the completion of the course or a maximum ceiling of 4 years subject to satisfactory performance of the students in the preceding year, as evaluated by the Trust.