Full-Form of MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, B.Sc. Nursing: The field of science, especially medicine, can be inexplicable as well as challenging. It is miraculous because,in this field, even a small medicine or injection can cure pretty severe disease, and challenging because not everyone can pursue a career in medicine. One needs a high dedication level to study medical sciences. Many of the young aspirants of the medical field might know about the full forms of MBBS, BDS and other such courses. However, many others have no idea about the full forms of BAMS, BUMS, B.Sc. and other allied courses. The full forms of these courses are sometimes tough to understand. Students often get confused about the course’s abbreviations and find themselves in a tough spot. The reason students find it difficult to remember the full forms of these courses is because they are not accessible by us.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Stream wise, and Category wise.
But now the candidates who face difficulty in knowing the full forms of BUMS, BAMS, BHMS and other allied courses, have the opportunity to clear their doubts from this article. In this article, we have provided the full forms and a brief of MBBS, BUMS, BAMS and other such allied courses for the betterment of the aspirants of the field of medicine.
Full-Form of MBBS, BAMS, BUMS, B.Sc. Nursing And Other Such Allied Courses
Here are the full forms as well as the briefs of the courses:
- MBBS Full Form: MBBS is the abbreviated form for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Science. The course duration is 5.5 years, and a student needs to clear +2 in subjects like physics, biology and chemistry to pursue an MBBS degree course.
- Full-Form of BDS: BDS is the short form for Bachelor of Dental Surgery. The course covers the details of dental problems and their cure. It is a 5 years course, and the students are required to clear their 10+2 in subjects like biology, chemistry and physics with an aggregate of 50% in total.
- BHMS Full Form: Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery. It is an undergraduate degree programme in the field of medicine. It is a 5 years course and includes 4 years of study and 1 year of internship. The admission into the BHMS course is made through the entrance exam, and a student needs to have a 10+2 degree from an approved board to apply for the course.
- Full-Form of BUMS: BUMS is the abbreviated form of Bachelor in Unani Medicine and Surgery. It is a five-year undergraduate programme. It includes the study of medicine which is different from allopathy. It is a detailed course that teaches about the healing processes using the natural power of the body. This course applicant must be at least 17 years of age and must have qualified 10+2 from an approved board.
- Full-Form of BAMS: BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery. It is also a 5 years undergraduate programme under which the students study ayurvedic medicine and treatment methods. It also teaches about modern medicines.
- BPT Full Form: BPT is the abbreviated form for Bachelor in Physiotherapy. It is a four and half years course that includes 4 years of classroom teaching and 6 months of clinical work. It teaches the students methods of physical therapy and massages to cure injuries and other deformities.
- B.Sc. Nursing Full Form: B.Sc. Nursing is the abbreviation for Bachelor of Science in Nursing. It is a 4 years undergraduate programme. It covers all the details of nursing methods, and a student needs to qualify 10+2 from a recognized university or board to apply for the course.
- B.VSc Full Form: B.VSc is the short form for Bachelors in Veterinary Sciences. It is a study of various diseases and their treatment in animals. It is a five and half years course, and the last six months include a compulsory internship. To apply for the course, a student must have qualified 10+2 with 50% aggregate marks.
- BNYS Long Form: BNYS is the abbreviation for Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga Sciences. BNYS is the study of natural medicine and yogic methods to cure and treat various diseases. It is a 4.5 years course and requires the students to have qualified 12th class from an approved board.
- BSMS Full Form: BSMS stands for Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Sciences. It is a 5 years duration course which includes 4 years of detailed classroom study and 1 year of compulsory internship. This course deals with the study of ancient medicines and alternatives methods to treat patients.
- GNM Full Form: GNM is the short form for General Nursing and Midwifery. It is a three and a half years diploma course, and it is designed for students who want to pursue a career in clinical sciences.
- Full-Form of ANM: ANM is the abbreviated form for Auxiliary Nurse Midwife. It is a two-year diploma course, and it deals with the study of nursing. Students can opt for the course after completion of the 12th class from both the science or arts stream.
- OTT Full Form: OTT stands for Operation Theatre Technician. It is a 2 years diploma course that teaches the students about the different surgical equipment used by the doctors in labs and hospitals.
- B.Pharm Full Form: It stands for Bachelor of Pharma. It is a 4 years undergraduate course that trains the students on the various aspects of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Pharm D Full Form: Pharm D stands for Doctor of Pharmacy. The course covers the detailed study of the production and application of medicines.
- B. Sc. Microbiology Full Form: It stands for Bachelor of Science in Microbiology. It is a three-year undergraduate programme and deals with the study of microbiology.
- B. Sc. Biotechnology Full Form: It is the short form for Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology. It is also a 3 years undergraduate course. It covers the details of biotech products and methods to help prevent infectious diseases.
- B. Sc. MLT Full Form: B. Sc. MLT is the short form for Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology. It is a three-year undergraduate programme that teaches the students about the various aspects of health-care and diagnostics analysis.
- B. Sc. MRT Full Form: It is the abbreviated form for Bachelor of Science in Medical Radiology Technology. It is also a 3 year undergraduate programme that is concerned with the study of radiation mostly x-rays.
- B. Sc. AT Full Form: It is the short form for Bachelor of Science in Anaesthesia Technology. It deals with the study of Anaesthesia agents, equipment, and techniques.
- B. Sc. CPT Full Form: It is the short form for Bachelor of Science in Cardiac Perfusion Technology. The course provides a detailed study of the movement of fluids in the body.
- B. Sc. CVT Full Form: It is the abbreviation for Bachelor of Science in Cardiovascular Technology. It generally deals with the study of diagnosis and treatment of the diseases related to the heart and circulatory system.
- B. Sc. DIT Full Form: It is the short form for Bachelor of Science in Dialysis Therapy. This course trains the students to use various machines used in the process of dialysis.
- B. Sc. DBS Full Form: It is the abbreviated form for Bachelor of Science in Diabetes Sciences. It provides a detailed analysis of diabetes disease and its treatment.
- B. Sc. ECT Full Form: It is the short form for Bachelor of Science in Echocardiography Technology. It provides a detailed study of cardiac disorders and the use of equipment to treat such disorders.
- B. Sc. NEP Full Form: Bachelor of Science in Neuro Electro Physiology. This course deals with the study of the nervous system. It covers the diagnosis and monitor of neurological disorders.
- B. Sc. PA Full Form: Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant. Under this course, the students are trained to specialize in diagnostics, therapeutic and preventive health-care services.
- B. Sc. OPT Full Form: Bachelor of Science in Optometry. This course deals with the study of eye care and various methods to treat eye disorders. It is a four-year undergraduate course, including 1 year of clinical internship.
- B. Sc. EMT Full Form: Bachelor of Science in Emergency Medical Technology. The course provides a complete study about emergency responses to critical healthcare requirements. The students pursuing B. Sc. EMTs are required to study in detail the planning, coordination and all the support that a patient requires at the time of emergency.
- BASLP Full Form: It is an abbreviation for Bachelor of Audiology & Speech-Language Pathology. It is a four-year programme that is divided into theoretical teaching and clinical training. The course covers all the details about disorders relating to speaking and hearing and their treatment.
- BOT Full Form: It is the short form for Bachelor of Occupational Therapy. The course teaches the students to cure various physical and psychological problems using different therapeutic measures.
Conclusion on Full-Form of MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, B. Sc. Nursing
We hope that the details about the different medicine courses that we have provided above will help the young aspirants. We hope that full forms of MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and other such courses have now been clear to the readers. This will help them throughout their life, and they won’t face any difficult time recalling these full forms. The information mentioned above will also provide the students with a brief idea of different courses in the field of medicine.