Essay on Environmental Protection: Environmental Protection refers to protecting the natural surroundings and conditions in which we live from pollution and exploitation . But our Environment has come under serious threat due to human activities. These human activities have certainly created risks to the survival of living things on Earth. Our planet is on the verge of depletion, therefore, there is an urgent need to save the Environment.
The main goal of protecting the environment is to make it a healthy place for the present and future generations to live in. People are exploiting the natural resources in the name of development without thinking of its adverse consequences on the earth and its living beings. However, we can still come together and save our environment from degradation.
You can also find more Essay Writing articles on events, persons, sports, technology and many more.
Ways to Protect our Environment
There are many ways to protect the environment, but the most important ones are listed below –
- Reduce, Recycle and Reuse: A lot of waste household materials that are no longer in use, like – plastic and glass bottles, tin cans, broken computers, or other plastic items, clothes, etc pollutes the environment. If these waste materials reach the soil it could stay there for years, polluting the environment. We had to just take a simple step of recycling the waste instead of throwing it into nature, we would be doing a great job of saving the environment.
- Save Trees: Trees are a very essential part of the environment. They consume carbon dioxide and emit life saving oxygen into the air which keeps the atmosphere clean and fresh. The more trees, the cleaner the environment. Control measures should be taken to save the trees from cutting down. Deforestation has also affected global warming. By planting more and more trees, we will be doing great work towards improving environmental health.
- Don’t Litter: We see many plastic bags, bottles, food packages, etc. littered around at places like beaches, gardens, public places and market places. This litter just damages the environment for it simply rots and pollutes it. So do not litter anywhere. Make it a habit to dispose of the waste properly in a dustbin. The planet earth is our own home. If we can keep our homes clean then why not the planet earth.
- Educate and Inspire: We should educate and make others aware of how to keep the environment clean. Special focus should be given on teaching the young generation that will acknowledge its significance when they grow up. We should organize cleanliness campaigns. Also certain laws should be imposed to keep the surroundings clean.
Environmental protection is the current need of the hour. Environmental protection is in the hands of humans. Only humans can take the initiative to save the environment, thereby saving our planet.
Short Essay on Environmental Protection
Environmental Protection aims at reducing risks to our natural environment caused due to contaminants such as wastes, hazardous materials, fuels, and oils released in the environment by human beings.
Environmental protection refers to any activity to conserve our environment through preventing the emission of pollutants causing pollution to land, water and air. This activity consists of 3Rs that are Reduce, Recycle and Reuse. That is we can conserve our environment by reducing the waste, recycling the materials which can be recycled and making reuse of old things rather than throwing them out.
Environmental protection programs aim at solving problems arising from the interaction between humans and environmental systems and includes issues related to conservation, pollution, loss of biodiversity, land degradation or environmental policy.
The key aim of environmental protection is to prevent the environment which is moving towards degradation by increasing population, and overconsumption. Environmental degradation has created a negative impact on the environment and is hazardous to humans and animals.
Another element of environmental protection is resource management. Environmental protection today is related to fossil fuels, which are related to pollution, climate change, and natural resource depletion.
Another environmental issue is water pollution by plastics, which has had a harmful impact on marine life and ecosystems
Conservation of our environment is very important to preserve the diversity of species that share our planet for the benefit of nature and people. A healthy environment means clean air, clean land and fresh water. A healthy environment gives more productive soils and the capacity to adapt more easily to a changing climate.
Environmental conservation will keep the planet healthy. Conserving the environment is extremely important because if not fixed it can also be very dangerous to humans and animals.
FAQ’s on Essay on Environmental Protection
What can be done to protect the environment?
To protect the environment, the increasing pollution rates should be decreased. Air, land, and water pollution should be controlled.
- Preventive measures must be taken while disposing of wastes on water bodies;
- Use of vehicles and transportation should be limited to reduce air pollution;
- Dumping of solid wastes can be decreased to regulate land pollution.
- Saving water is yet another effective measure for environmental protection. The amount of fresh drinkable water on the earth is very less so water should thus be saved.
- Waste management must be carried out.
Mention the Environmental Protection Laws in India
There are six different environmental protection laws imposed in India. These laws not only protect the environment but also the wildlife of India. The environment protection laws in India are as follows: –
- The Environment (Protection) Act of 1986
- The Forest (Conservation) Act of 1980
- The Wildlife Protection Act 1972
- Water ( prevention and control of pollution) Act 1974
- Air (prevention and control of pollution) Act 1981
- The Indian Forest Act,1927
What is environmental protection?
Environmental protection is the way to protect our environment from harmful pollution. This can be achieved by increasing awareness in our society to keep the environment clean. It is our foremost duty to protect the environment from pollution and other activities which may lead to environmental degradation.
It is high time to take steps to protect the environment and bring positive changes in society. The government, on the other hand, should take control measures to stop environmental pollution and people should come up with eco-friendly techniques to protect the environment.