Engineering Environmental Studies Notes: Candidates willing to get Engineering Environmental Studies Notes & Study Material have come to the right page. You will get all that you need as a part of the preparation from this page. Have a glance at the Engineering Environmental Studies Syllabus, Important Questions List, Reference Books.
You can download the Engg Environmental Studies Lecture Notes available on our page without paying any amount. Ace up your preparation with the ultimate preparation tools and score more marks in the exam.
- Download EVS Notes PDF
- B.Tech 1st Year EVS Syllabus
- Engineering Environmental Studies Suggested Books
- Environmental Studies Important Questions List
- What are the best books for Engineering Environmental Studies?
- What is the best way to learn about Environmental Studies?
- How to download Engineering Environmental Studies Notes & Study Material PDF?
About Engineering Environmental Studies
The need for Sustainable development is the key to the future of mankind. The United Nations Conference on Environment and Development and World Summit on Sustainable Development has drawn the attention of people around the globe in regard to the deterioration of the environment.
No citizen of the earth can afford to be ignorant of Environmental issues. Environmental Management drew the attention of Healthcare Managers. Managing Environmental Hazards has become very important these days.
Download EVS Notes PDF
Students pursuing B.Tech 1st Year can get the Engineering Environmental Studies needed for preparation in PDF format here. Go through the Precise Notes written in a simple language for your convenience. Cover all the topics by referring to the EVS Notes & Study Material Prevailing to score well and stand out from the crowd. To make your practice even more effective we tried mentioning some of the EVS Previous Question Papers. You can download the Environmental Studies Notes PDF free of cost by accessing the direct links available.
|Environmental Studies Question Paper PDF||Download|
|Engineering Environmental Studies Notes||Download|
|Environmental Studies PDF Notes||Download|
B.Tech 1st Year EVS Syllabus
Candidates who are looking for the Detailed Engineering Environmental Studies Syllabus can get it from here. Get to know the topics and subtopics you need to cover as per the Units in EVS Subject. The syllabus is the stepping stone to any exam preparation. Students must go through the Engg Environmental Studies Exam Syllabus before the exam and should develop a proper preparation plan. Stick to the EVS Syllabus and cover the topics accordingly. Don’t waste your time on unnecessary topics and try covering the entire concepts as per the detailed Engg Environmental Studies provided.
Unit – I
Multidisciplinary nature of Environmental Science and Natural Resources Multidisciplinary nature of Environmental studies
Definition, Scope, and Importance of Environmental Science and Need for public awareness. Natural resources Renewable and nonrenewable resources Natural resources and associated problems.
a. Forest Resources: Use and over Exploitation, Deforestation, case studies. Timber extraction, mining, dams and their effects on forests and tribal people.
b. Water Resources: Use and over-utilization of surface and groundwater, Floods, Drought, Conflicts over water, dams-benefits, and problems.
c. Mineral Resources: Use and exploitation, environmental effects of using and extracting mineral resources, case studies.
d. Food Resources: World food problems, Changes caused by agriculture and overgrazing, effects of modern agriculture, fertilizer-pesticide problems, Water logging, Salinity, case studies.
e. Energy Resources: Growing energy needs, renewable, and nonrenewable energy sources, use of alternative energy sources, case studies.
f. Land Resources: Land as a resource, Land degradation, Man-induced landslides, Soil erosion, and desertification. – Role of individual in conservation of resources – Equitable use of resources for a sustainable lifestyle
Unit – II
Ecosystem, Concept of an Ecosystem, Structure of Ecosystem, Function of Ecosystem, Producer-Consumer, and decomposers
Energy flow in the Ecosystem, Ecological Succession Food chains, Food web, Ecological Pyramids Introduction, types, characteristics features structure and function of the following ecosystem:
- Forest Ecosystem
- Grassland Ecosystem
- Desert Ecosystem,
- Aquatic Ecosystem:(Ponds, streams, lakes, rivers, oceans, estuaries)
Unit – III
Biodiversity and its conservation, Introduction Definition of Biodiversity: Genetic, Species and Ecosystem diversity, BioGeographical classification of India, Value of Bio-diversity: Consumptive, Productive, Social, ethical, aesthetic and optional values, Biodiversity at Global, National & Local levels, India as a Mega Diversity Nation, Hotspots of Biodiversity, Threats to Biodiversity, Habitat Loss, Poaching of Wildlife, Man-Wildlife Conflicts, Endangered species of India IUCN Red data book, Endemic species of India, Conservation of Biodiversity: In-situ and Ex-situ conservation of biodiversity.
Unit – IV
Environmental Pollution, Definition, Causes, effects and control measures of Air Pollution, Water Pollution, Soil Pollution, Marine Pollution: Noise Pollution: Thermal Pollution, Nuclear Hazards Solid Waste Management: Causes, Effects and Control measures of Urban and Industrial Wastes. Role of an individual in the prevention of pollution. Pollution case studies Disaster Management: Floods, Earthquake, Cyclones, and Landslides.
Human Population and the Environment Population Growth variation among nations, Population Explosion, Family welfare program, Environment, and Human Health, Human Rights, Value Education, HIV/AIDS, Women, and Child welfare, Role of Information Technology in Environment and Human Health.
Engineering Environmental Studies Suggested Books
Have a glance at the Engineering Environmental Studies Reference Books recommended by subject experts. Use them during your preparation to have a deep understanding of concepts and excel in the exam. Aspirants can pick the book of their choice based on their understanding an prepare well for the exam. The following books suggested by experts are as per the Latest Syllabus and gives you every minute detail. Go through the below reference books first to have a grip on the Engg Environmental Studies.
- Environmental Studies -Benny Joseph-Tata McgrawHiU-200S
- Environment, H-al Studies- Or. D.l. Manjunath, Pearson Education-2006.
- Environmental studies- R, Rajagopal-illan -Oxford Pubtiotion 200S
- Textbook of Environmental Science & Technology- M. Anji Reddy-US Publication.
- Principles of Environmental SC It-nee and Engineer’l’lg -P. Venugoplan Rao, Pteritlce Hall of India.
- Environmental Science and Engineering Mecoakshi, Prentice Hall India
Environmental Studies Important Questions List
Aspirants who are preparing for Engg Environmental Studies can check out the list of the important questions here. Read all the review questions for EVS without fail so that it will be an added advantage for you during the exam. They are along the lines
- Environmental Studies deals with different aspects using a holistic approach. Therefore explain its multidisciplinary nature.
- Explain the problems related to the usage of chemical pesticides and fertilizers in modern Agriculture.
- We are far behind the target of achieving 33% forest area. Discuss various causes, consequences of deforestation in India. Explain JFM activity and give its functions.
- Biodiversity can be grouped into three levels based on their nature and taxonomical status.
- Explain the effects of the overutilization of groundwater resources.
- Over usage of groundwater for various purposes resulted in rapid depletion at various regions.
- Briefly, explain the levels and values of Biodiversity with suitable examples.
- Biodiversity is to be conserved. Explain conservation methods of Biodiversity.
- India is a “Mega diversity Nation”. Support the statement highlighting the biodiversity greatness of INDIA.
- Write the objectives, principles, key elements, and importance of environmental impact assessment.
- Give an account of the Environmental Protection Act – 1986
- Methods to propagating Environmental awareness are many. Explain them.
- NGO’s play a vital role in creating environmental awareness among the people regarding environmental issues. Explain their objectives and features.
FAQs on Engineering Environmental Studies
1. What are the best books for Engineering Environmental Studies?
To make it simple for aspirants preparing for Engineering Environmental Studies we have compiled some of the best books by experts. They are as follows
Environment, H-al Studies- Or. D.l. Manjunath, Pearson Education-2006.
Environmental studies- R, Rajagopal-illan -Oxford Pubtiotion 200S
Textbook of Environmental Science & Technology- M. Anji Reddy-US Publication.
2. What is the best way to learn about Environmental Studies?
Candidates can learn the Environmental Studies by referring to the best study resources available on our pages like Lecture Notes, Reference Books, Syllabus, and Important Questions.
Hoping, the knowledge shared on our page regarding the Engineering Environmental Studies has shed some light on you. In case of any other assistance needed feel free to reach us via comment section and we will try to clarify your concerns at the earliest possible. Keep in touch with our site NCERTBooks.Guru to avail any latest updates on Books, Notes, and Other Study Materials.