Diploma in Photography: It is a one-year program for those who want to gain immense knowledge about photography. The course has a lot to offer and it requires you to just pass class 10+2. It is one of the fastest-growing fields which grabs the interest of many.
Also, the salary provided by the diploma holders is pretty good as they get around 5 LPA. Students also get an opportunity to become Wildlife Photographers, Wedding Photographers, cinematographers, Videographers, Fashion photographers, Product Photographers, photojournalists, etc.
This blog will guide you through the various nuances of this course such as diploma photography course duration, fees, qualification, admission process, career options, and other relevant info. Read ahead to know more about Photography Courses in diploma.
- Diploma in Photography Course Details: Overview
- Diploma in Photography Admission Procedure
- Documents Required During Admission Process
- Entrance Exams for Photography Diploma Courses in India
- Diploma Photography Course Eligibility Requirements
- Top 10 Colleges That Offer Diploma in Photography in India
- Diploma in Photography Fees in India
- Diploma in Photography Syllabus
- Career Options after Diploma in Photography
- Diploma in Photography Salary
- FAQs Related To Diploma Course in Photography
Diploma in Photography Course Details: Overview
Photography is an art that can be gained with the help of practice. You must have an eye to capture every detailed moment of an object. To be a good photographer, you must have team spirit, communication skills, patience, determination, and must know the technique. Here is a detailed overview of the course through which you can move forward.
|Course Duration||1 year|
|Course Fee||INR 65000 to INE 6 Lakh on an average|
|Eligibility||10+2 pass out from a recognized or an equivalent institution|
The admission procedure to get into the course is very easy. Every college has its own criteria for admission some admit the students on merit-based, college entrance-based, and interview processes. You may go through these mentioned steps to know the detailed information about the Admission Process:
- Visit the official website of the college you want to apply for the course.
- Fill up the duly registration form and pay the fees for the same. The fees vary and some colleges might not take even ask for the fees.
- Your final selection might be through the college’s entrance exam or merit-based. You might be asked to undergo an interview. After clearing all the stages you will be informed through the mail and then pay the fees on the official portal.
- You may or may not be asked to share your portfolio so you must be prepared with that in advance.
As every college issues its list of documents required, before that you must prepare with the fowling:
- Mark sheet and pass certificate of your Class X or XII examination.
- Proof of date of birth.
- School leaving certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Domicile certificate/ residential proof or certificate
- Provisional certificate
- Character certificate
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Caste certificates
- Proof of disability (if any)
- Migration Certificate
Entrance Exams for Photography Diploma Courses in India
There is no such common entrance exam required to give in India. But the institute conducted its test. Some of the entrance tests for colleges you may give are:
- Delhi School of Photography Entrance Exam
- AU Entrance Exam
- AAFT GEE
- Creative Hut Institute of Photography and Film Entrance Exam
- Indira Gandhi National Open University Entrance test
- Tamil Nadu open university entrance exam
If you are planning to get into the course you must know the eligibility criteria as it is very important so that your preparation might not go into vain.
- If you have completed class 10 you can easily apply for the course. But most institutes prefer the students who have passed 10+2.
The course has little practical state of nature despite being an easy one. Thus, to provide you the in-depth knowledge about the course, here is the list of the best colleges in India.
- Indian Institute of Photography, New Delhi
- Light & Life Academy, Ooty
- Sri Aurobindo Centre for Arts and Communication
- World University of Design
- Institute for Photography Excellence
- Asian Academy of Film and Television
- Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- Raviraj Institute of Art and Culture, Coimbatore
- Loyola College
- National Institute of Photography, Mumbai
The average fees for the course vary from college to college, it might range between INR 65000 to INR 6,00,000.
The syllabus that you have to concentrate on for achieving your dream in photography is listed below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|History of Photography I||History of Photography II|
|Introduction to Image Making||Documentary Photography I|
|Basics of Digital Photography||Photojournalism|
|Basics of Photoshop||Research: Theory and Practice|
|Street Photography||Writing for Photography|
|Basic Lighting and Flash techniques||–|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Advanced Lighting Techniques||Commercial Photography|
|Portraiture: Environmental/Location||Portfolio Production|
|Studio Portraiture||Documentary Photography II|
|Still Life||Documentary Research and Project|
There is ample of career opportunities after Diploma courses in photography:
- Media and Press
- Advertising Agencies
- Government Agencies
- Industrial Houses
- Fashion Houses
- Stock Photography Companies
- Law enforcement agencies
- Scientific photographers
- Commercial Photographers
- Nature, Wildlife and War Photographer
- Film Photographers
- Video Photographers
The average salary for the photography course holders is ₹0.2 Lakh per year (₹1.7k per month). There is no such thing that a person must hold some prior experience.
- Digital Photography Course Details
- Fashion Photography Courses
- How to Become A Photographer in India
1. What are the benefits of pursuing a Diploma Photography Course?
Ans. After pursuing a photography diploma course, you get the opportunity to work in Media, News Media, documentary films, magazines, the film industry, wildlife photographers, fashion photographers, and a lot more.
2. What is the basic salary provided after the photography diploma?
Ans. The income ranges from INR 0.3 LPA to INR 10.0 LPA for the diploma-certified photographers.
3. What are the top recruiting companies for photographers?
Ans. The companies such as Amazon, Flipkart, Google, Times of India, Fashion TV, National Geographic Society, and many more are the top recruiting companies for photographers.
4. Can I pursue a Photography course after 30 years?
Ans. Yes, there is no such age limit for the Photography course in diploma.
5. What are the famous institutions for a diploma photography course?
Ans. To know about some of the famous courses, you may refer to the above article or complete details about the diploma in photography institutions.
We have included detailed information on the Diploma in Photography. If you need to find information on some more Diploma Courses, visit our website Ncertbooks.guru, and clear all your doubts about career options and other postgraduate & graduate course details.