Diploma in Fire And Safety Course: A diploma in fire and safety management course is a diploma course that trains the students for hazard management. People who are interested in going into the field of hazard and fire management can apply for this course directly after class 12th.
There are a variety of career opportunities after this course in the fire and safety department. Only those students who are passionate about saving lives and helping people must go for this course because this is not at all an easy task and this field needs compassionate individuals.
Keep reading this article to know more about the course details of DFS like eligibility criteria, admission process, fee structure, top colleges, syllabus, job opportunities, the salary, future scope of a diploma in fire and safety management course. So let’s get started!
- About Diploma in Industrial Fire and Safety Management/ Engineering Course
- Diploma in Fire And Safety Course Eligibility Criteria
- Skills Required to do a Diploma in Fire And Safety
- Admission Process for Fire And Safety Diploma Course
- Diploma in Fire And Safety Course fees
- Top Diploma Fire and Safety Course Government Colleges List
- Diploma in Fire Safety (DFS) Detailed Syllabus
- Job options and roles after Diploma in Fire And Safety Course
- Future Scope of a Diploma in Fire And Safety Course
- Diploma in Fire And Safety Salary
- FAQs on Diploma Course in Fire And Safety
About Diploma in Industrial Fire and Safety Management/ Engineering Course
A diploma in fire and safety management course is a 1 or 2-year long diploma course depending upon the college’s rules and the curriculum. The eligibility criteria for enrolling in this diploma course is that the candidate must have completed their class 12th. After completing this course students can get a job as a fire and safety officer, in charge manager, health and safety manager, etc.
This course is an open course that will help the students to get better job opportunities and promotions in their field. The eligibility guidelines of this course are relatively simple simpler as compared to other courses. The admissions are merit-based and the fee average fee for this course is INR 35,000 per annum.
This course offers the students a proper study about how to evacuate people during emergencies and put the situation under control full stop hence the students are completely trained how to handle situations where there is fire or failure in the security.
Freshers can expect a salary of somewhere between INR 2,00,000 to INR 4,00,000 after completing their diploma in fire and safety courses. They can either go for a job or higher studies after they get their diploma degree.
Diploma in Fire And Safety Course Eligibility Criteria
For taking admission in a diploma in fire and safety management course, the eligibility criteria are quite plain and simple. The student must have passed their class 12th to get admitted in a fire and safety management diploma course. The stream of the student doesn’t matter for this course.
There is no entrance examination, personal interview, group discussions that the candidate has to take part in order to get admission in a fire and safety management diploma course. They must have completed their 10 + 2 with a recognized Board of Education and if they fulfill this criterion they can definitely apply for a diploma in fire and safety management course.
Skills Required to do a Diploma in Fire And Safety
There are various skills that are required for working in this field since it is related to safety and security. Here are the major skills that candidates must possess if they want to build a career in the safety and hazard management field:
- Quick response: The workers in this field must have a very quick response in situations where there is a hazard.
- Agility: The fire and safety management professionals must be very agile so that they can take up the proper safety measures in case of any unfavorable circumstance.
- Empathy: People working in the hazard management industry must be empathetic since they have to deal with humans in extremely unfavorable circumstances.
- Discipline: The professionals in the fire and safety department must be very disciplined to avoid any loopholes in their management system.
Admission Process for Fire And Safety Diploma Course
Following is the admission process for a diploma in fire and safety management course:
- The admission in the DFS Course is solely done on the basis of the merit of each student.
- The admission is done on the basis of the marks obtained by the student in the 12th grade in any stream.
- There is no entrance exam taken for admission in this course. The student does not have to appear for any sort of interviews, group discussions, etc.
- The cut-off for the admission process varies from college to college depending upon their area of selection.
- Students can apply both online & offline mode via visiting the website of the college they want to get admitted to or by submitting the application form by visiting the college.
- The students are advised to keep checking the website of the college that they want to get admitted to obtain updates about the admission process.
Diploma in Fire And Safety Course fees
The average fee for a diploma in fire and safety management course is INR 35,000. However, the exact fee for the course depends upon the College in which the student is studying the course. The fee for this course starts from INR 5,000 and goes up to INR 1,70,000.
Top Diploma Fire and Safety Course Government Colleges List
There are various educational institutions all across the country that provide premium quality education in fire and safety management diploma courses. Following is a list of top colleges for diploma in fire and safety courses in India:
- JS University
- Galgotias University
- Singhania University
- YBN University
- Madhav University
- Pacific University
- Bhagwant University
- Sri Krishna University
- Himalayan University
Diploma in Fire Safety (DFS) Detailed Syllabus
The syllabus of diploma course in fire and safety is divided into 2 semesters. Following is the syllabus of this course semester wise:
- Construction safety
- Environmental safety
- Fire tech and design
- Industrial safety
- Fire risk assessment
- Fire control technology
- Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Fundamental of fire engineering science
Job options and roles after DFS Course
There are a lot of options for the students after completing their diploma in fire and safety management to build their career in such as electricity boards, fire safety training institutes, armed forces, chemical plants, refinery’s industries following are the job profiles for diploma holders in fire and safety management:
- Station Master/Supervisor: The job of a station master is to manage and monitor the activities of the staff and his subordinates.
- Fire Officer: A fire officer supervises all the departments of safety and assures that all the rules and regulations are followed.
- Safety Supervisor: The work of the safety supervisor includes under the guidance of the regional safety manager he carries the necessary steps to ensure the safety of the company staff and people.
- Safety Consultant: The job of a safety consultant is to design programs to enhance safety measures.
Future Scope of a Diploma in Fire And Safety Course
Every industry must take fire security measures to keep their employees and customers safety and to ensure that the industry does not face serious losses in the case of any mishappenings. The fire and safety management industry is in demand and will always be because it is related to safety as the other industries keep on increasing the demand in this field for trained professionals will keep on increasing.
Since more industries will lead to more requirements for trained professionals who can handle fire hazards and various other risks, this job will only see an increase in the requirement in the upcoming years. Hence, a good career is guaranteed if a person dedicatedly does their studies in the field of fire and safety management.
Diploma in Fire And Safety Salary
The average salary of a fresher after they have completed their diploma in fire and safety is somewhere between INR 2,00,000 INR 4,00,000. The salary of an individual keeps on increasing as their experience in the industry keeps on increasing.
FAQs on Diploma Course in Fire And Safety
1. Is a diploma in fire safety and management a certified course?
Yes, this course is a certified course and it is approved by the Government of India.
2. Can I do a diploma in fire and safety in distance mode?
Yes, there are different colleges in India that offer distance DFS management courses. Hence if you cannot attend offline college you will have the opportunity to attend your College in the distance mode. You just have to make sure to take admission in a college that allows a distance program.
3. What are the job options after completing a diploma in fire and safety management?
Following are the top job profiles for students who are diploma holders in the fire and safety management field:
- Fire officer
- Safety consultant
- Stationmaster or supervisor
- Safety supervisor
We hope that this article was able to provide you with complete information regarding a diploma in fire and safety course. This article has information about the course details, eligibility criteria, admission process, skills you must have in order to enroll in this course, top colleges, fee structure, job options, salary so that you can make up your mind whether to go for this course or not.
We think that all this information on the DFS course will be able to help you to make up your mind and you got what you were looking for. All the best! Do visit our page for more course details and career decisions.