Diploma Event Management Course: Event management studies include studying the brand identifying the target audience of the brand, understanding the event concept, and coordinating the technical aspects before actually launching the event in real-time. The event industry includes events of all sorts right from the commonwealth down to business lunch meetings. The process of planning and coordinating events is known as event management.
A diploma in event management course helps candidates to learn the entire process of event management. To know more about the polytechnic courses of event management like eligibility criteria, admission process, skills required for this course, syllabus, top colleges, fee structure, job opportunities, salary, keep on reading the following article. So let’s get started!
- About Diploma Event Management Course in India
- Diploma in Event Management Course Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Process To Join Diploma Course in Event Management
- Skills Required for Diploma Event Management Course Students
- Event Management Diploma Course Syllabus | Diploma in Event Management Course Subjects
- Top Colleges for Event Management Polytechnic Course
- Diploma in Event Management Fees
- Job Profiles After Diploma Event Management Course
- Salary of Event Management Diploma Holders
- FAQs on Event Management Course in Diploma
Event management is planning and coordinating with multiple people in order to create different kinds of successful events. The whole process of event management includes budgeting, scheduling, site selection, acquiring permits, transportation, speakers, entertainment, security, catering, negotiation with third-party vendors, and emergency plans.
The students of event management are trained in areas such as marketing, planning, analyzing, producing, evaluating, and running an event. A diploma in event management features the candidates how to work in the booming hospitality industry by turning them into skilled event management trainees. The world of event management has changed dramatically in the past few years especially as recent technologies are making their way into our lives to make things better.
Different kinds of software are being used in event management that are helping the events to run smoothly and an event manager who uses these technologies definitely has an edge over his competitors. Students can enroll in this course after completing their class 12th and can pursue their dream of becoming an event managers.
The career of an event manager is full of scope because as long as humanity exists, there will be gathering events, festivals And so will be the opportunities of managing those. the candidates who are interested in the event management field can definitely go for a diploma course in event management to kick start their journey in this field.
The eligibility criteria for enrolling in a diploma element management course is that the candidate must have completed their class 12th or relevant exam with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized Board of Education. The exact marks for admission to this course might vary from institute to institute the student can have any stream in their class 12th.
The admission to diploma in event management course is down on the basis of merit of the student. In very few colleges, admission is done through an entrance test. The students can submit the application form in both online and offline mode according to the college requirement. Candidates must visit the official website of the college that they want to get admitted to in order to get information regarding the admission process.
The students must carry all the documents along with their application form if they go for an offline mode of admission. In the online mode of admission, students are required to upload all the documents along with their application form at the time of submitting the application form. The students are also required to submit an installment of their fee at the time of admission.
However, the amount completely depends upon the policy of the college that the student is getting admitted to. The students who pass the minimum eligibility criteria which are passing the class 12th from a recognized Board of Education with a minimum of 50% marks can go for the admission to diploma element management course.
There are various skills required for doing a diploma in event management just like in all other courses. Let’s have a look at the main skill set that a candidate must possess if they want to complete the diploma in event management course:
- Interpersonal skills: The candidate must be able to communicate very well in order to be successful in the event management field. There’s a lot of management and communication required while working in this field and the candidate must be able to have a nice, fluent, and polite conversation to get their work done.
- Flexibility: Event management is a big umbrella under which various smaller categories of work need to be done. The candidates must be flexible enough to do multiple works at the same time so that they are able to pull off any event and complete the work in a given amount of time with great quality.
- Organizational skills: While organizing events, people have to deal with various levels of people in any organization and go through multiple checkpoints in order to get things cleared out and establish a successful event. Hence, the candidates must have good negotiation and organizational skills so that they work smoothly and without any restrictions.
- Time management: Time management is of utmost importance for event managers. A delay in something can lead to the failure of the entire event. Time is money and especially for event managers. The candidates must be able to manage their time and do effective work in preferably a lesser amount of time.
- Leadership ability: Event management deals with a lot of people involved in a single event. Hence, the candidates must have good leadership qualities so that they can manage the entire process and have good communication with all the people involved.
- Energy: The formula of slow and steady wins the race does not work in the event management department. Here, the event managers and all the people involved need to be extremely energetic in order to pull off any event.
There are multiple subjects that are taught throughout the one-year duration of the event management diploma courses. Following are the courses that are broadly taught over the entire ghost duration:
- Public relations
- Event marketing
- Event production
- Event advertising
- Event planning
- IT for event management
- Event risk management
- Event accounting
- Cross-cultural management
- Communication skills
- Special event topics
- Dissertation 1
- Dissertation 2
There are various institutes all across the country that provide quality education in event management courses. Following is a list of the top colleges for diploma in event management courses:
- International Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
- National Institute of Event Management, Mumbai
- University of Mumbai, Mumbai
- Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
- Impact Institute of Event Management, New Delhi
- National Academy of Event Management and Development, Noida
- Thadomal Shahani Centre of Media and Communication, Mumbai
- National Academy of Event Management and Development, Mumbai
- Pacific University, Udaipur
The fee for a diploma event management course ranges from somewhere between INR 10,000 to INR 2,00,000. The fee completely depends upon the college that the student gets admitted to. However, the average fee is somewhere around 40,000 for the entire duration of one year of the course.
After completing the diploma in demand management a pool of opportunities gets opened up in front of the candidate. Following are the top job profiles for students who have a diploma in event management along with their work descriptions:
- Event manager: The work often the event manager is to manage the staff responsible for the event coordination of the details of events such as weddings, birthdays anniversary conferences charity events surprise parties, trade shows, sales meetings, employee appreciation events, virtual events, etc are all handled by the event manager.
- Event accounts manager: The event accounts manager creates, maintains, and sustains an environment that is conducive to teaching and learning and he also ensures that all the classes are effectively engaged.
- Marketing manager: The marketing managers are responsible for the implementation and execution of strategic marketing plans for an entire organization in order to attract customers and retain existing customers.
- Business development executive: The work of a business development executive is to assist companies in order to acquire new customers and sell them additional products or services to the existing customers. The rule of the business development executive is crucial for any business that has the ambition to expand its customer base.
The average salary often an individual working in the event management field after completing a diploma in event management as a fresher is somewhere around INR 3,00,000 to INR 7,00,000.
The salary of an individual also depends upon the post on which they are working and there is a multi-fold increase in the salary of a person after they’ve acquired multiple projects and they move on to the bigger projects and they have established the name in the event management industry.
This industry works highly on reputation, hence reputed firms are often in demand for bigger events and earn huge amounts of money.
1. What do you do in event management?
In event management, the event managers plan and organize business, social, promotional, or any kind of event. They’re responsible for running a different range of events, ensuring that the target audience is engaged and the message of the event is successfully spread. Events play a huge role in the success of a brand in any organization.
2. Can I go forward diploma event management course after class 10th?
No, you cannot get admission to a diploma event management course after your class 10th. The minimum eligibility criteria for enrolling in a diploma event management course is that the student must have passed then class 12th from a recognized Board of Education with any stream and with a minimum of 50% marks.
3. What are the 5 c’s of event management?
The process of planning an event from the very beginning to the end can be divided into 5 basic phases. These basic phases are known as the seas of event management. Following are the 5 c’s of event management:
We hope that this article on the diploma event management course was able to provide you with all the information that you were looking for. Having all the information regarding the diploma in the event management course will help you make up your mind about whether to go for it or not.
I hope that you make an informed decision for yourself. All the best! For more reach us @Ncertbooks.Guru and check out all course details and career-related articles.