Career as a Data Entry Operator: Data entry is the method of registering relevant information onto a computer. This job is performed by using data entry software. A data entry operator, or clerk, can work for several businesses, from accounting firms to medical offices. Due to the expanding availability of digital communication technology, many data entry operators can also work from home. To be in the domain, one has to have computer literacy, high typing speed, concentration skills, organisation skills, communication skills and an ability to sit for long stretches listing and computing data.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Stream wise, and Category wise.
A Brief on Career as a Data Entry Operator
Data entry operator’s job is to work for a comprehensive class of private and public corporations. A data entry operator is qualified to input data quickly and efficiently, create data storage and should possess information about the methods for retrieving useful data, organising and analysing data clearly and effectively, editing and preparing reports based on the information they have put into the system. They also help the organisations to keep up with analysing the abundance of data received daily.
Career as a Data Entry Operator Highlights
- Name of the Course: Career as a Data Entry Operator.
- Duration: The duration of the course depends upon the level of the program, such as graduate level, postgraduate level, certificate, or diploma level courses.
- Education: Students who have completed their 10+2 with 60 % marks and Graduation or Diploma with 50% marks with good typing speed are eligible to apply for the course.
- Fee Structure: The fees structure for the course is from Rs 3500 onwards.
- Experience: People with work experience can also apply for the course
Career as a Data Entry Operator – Eligibility Criteria
- Students who have completed their 10+2 with 60 % marks and Graduation or Diploma with 50% marks with good typing speed are eligible to apply for the course.
- To get into reputed private or public organisations, one should have higher education with excellent keyboarding skills.
Skillset Required for Career as a Data Entry Operator
- Excellent typing Speed
- Well versed with Ms Office ( Word, Powerpoint and Excel )
- Attention to details
- Analysing data
- Good communication and presentation skills
Data Entry Operator Course Curriculum
Data Entry Operator courses are mostly Short term courses. The formats of the courses are :
- Certificate Courses
- Diploma Courses
Certificate courses are offered under skill-development missions provided by the Central Government and State Governments. Some of the certificate courses are :
- Certificate in Data Entry Operator: This vocational program is 6-12 months long. Students passing class 10 are qualified to pursue this course. This course focuses only on Data Entry.
- Certificate in Office Assistant Cum Computer Operator: This subject does not link directly to data entry. As a portion of computer training, one will also be trained in the data entry course.
- Certificate in Secretarial Practice and Modern Office Management: This subject does not link directly to data entry. As a portion of computer training, one will also be trained in the data entry course.
Diploma courses are offered by some of the Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) and Polytechnic Colleges over India. Some of the diploma courses are :
- ITI Data Entry and Office Automation course.
- Diploma in Office Management and Secretarial Practice.
Entrance Exam for Career as a Data Entry Operator
- SSC data entry Operator Exam
- Delhi DSSSB data entry Operator Exam
- Haryana SSC data entry Operator Exam
Data Entry Operator Course Fee Structure
The average course fees for a student in Textile Designing courses ranges from INR 30,00 onwards. The fee structure may vary based on different institutions.
List of Top Colleges Offering Data Entry Operator
- B.P.Marine Academy, Navi Mumbai
- Indian Diamond Institute, Surat
- Institution Of Mechanical Engineers, Mumbai
- HCL Talent Care, Noida
- Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Bhopal
- Indo-American Society, Mumbai
- Foremen Training Institute, Bangalore
- Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, New Delhi
Job Roles for Data Entry Operator
- Bank Officer: The bank officer is liable for managing many aspects of a retail banking environment. They conduct regular audits with other officers and help the bank manager with customers.
- Accounts Clerk: The accounts clerk plays a variety of general accounting assistance in an accounting department. He or she is accountable for generating business transaction records, such as purchase orders, invoice orders, updating bank and credit account databases and accumulating data to prepare a variety of reports.
- Human Resources Officer: HR officer recruits, trains, and monitors employee’s performance and attendance. They support the growth and implementation of systems and provide overall important leadership to the firm.
- Executive Assistant: An administrative assistant organises office organisation, maintains paper and electronic files and guides visitors and new employers to the organisation.
- Secretary: The work of a secretary is to perform essential office responsibilities for a company, or department and gather data for payment and statistical reports.
- Word Processing Operator: The word processing operator gives a clerical, typing and word processing service to a department.
- Administrative Assistant: An administrative assistant adjusts space and office organisation, manages electronic and paper files, schedules travel, meetings and conferences, and greets new staff to the organisation.
- Project Maintenance Officer: The job of the maintenance officer is to assist the project manager and project team. He/she assures that the accepted project management methods and processes. They also coordinate the rendering of all reports and provide project review reports.
Job Opportunities for Data Entry Operator
- Accounting Companies
- Human Resources
- Hospitals or Healthcare Service Providers
- Insurance Firms
- Small-scale Businesses
- Corporate Businesses
- Banks and Public Sector
- Marketing Companies
- Study Centers
- Schools and Universities
Top Recruiting Companies for Data Entry Operator
- Comptroller & Auditor General of India
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Central Bureau of Investigation and other Central Government Departments
Average Salary of a Data Entry Operator
The data entry operator salary depends on the qualification, typing speed and the kind of data entry work. Some of the relevant salary figures for job roles are given below:
- Starting Salary per annum: Rs 1,72,821
- Mid Level Salary per annum: Rs 3,81,750
- Senior Level Salary per annum: Rs 7,11,403
- Starting Salary per annum: Rs 1,09,743
- Mid Level Salary per annum: Rs 1,83,087
- Senior Level Salary per annum: Rs 3,97,649
Human Resources Officer
- Starting Salary per annum: Rs 1,54,569
- Mid Level Salary per annum: Rs 2,92,400
- Senior Level Salary per annum: Rs 5,30,07
The given salary is not an approx figure. The salary may vary from one company to another.
FAQ’s on Career as a Data Entry Operator
What is the work of a Data Entry Operator?
A data entry operator, or clerk, can work for several businesses, from accounting firms to medical offices.
Why is Data Entry important?
Data entry works provide you with the flexibility to work according to your schedules. It is typically paid per entry, the fast you type, the higher you are paid.
Name some of the colleges for Data Entry Course?
Some of the institutes for Data Entry courses are
- Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Bhopal.
- Indo-American Society, Mumbai.
- Foremen Training Institute, Bangalore.