Bachelor of Foreign Trade (BFT) Courses: Bachelors of Foreign trade or BFT is an undergraduate course in Foreign Trade Management. Globalisation has radically changed the business outline in India. Foreign trade in India has remarkably grown, consistently bringing more and more MNCs to set up markets. There is a burgeoning need for workers experienced in international trade.
A career in foreign trade has, therefore, become a profitable option proposing global job possibilities for those pursuing the courses in international business. The Bachelor of Foreign Trade courses will benefit students who are involved in Economic activities like commerce, industry, trade, management, and other fields related to it and also have a strong aptitude for business, excellent interaction skills, capability to influence others and knowledge of foreign languages.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Stream wise, and Category wise.
A Brief on Bachelor of Foreign Trade (BFT) Courses
Foreign Trade is also known as International Trade, is the interchange of capital, goods and services across international borders and territories. The course offers an overall view and helps to develop a solid base and understand the circumstances concerning the global marketplace. Students can get exceptional knowledge about the movement of goods, services and capital over International territories and borders. The courses are both in Government and Private Institutions in the country that offers the BFT programme in both regular mode and distance mode. BFT is a broad field and consists of the following features –
- International Business Laws
- Foreign Trade Regulations
- Trade Policies
Bachelor of Foreign Trade (BFT) Courses Highlights
- Name of the Course: Bachelor of Foreign Trade
- Duration: The Duration of the BFT course is three years consisting of six semesters.
- Eligibility Criteria: The BFT eligibility criteria state that the candidates must qualify 10+2 from a recognised Board
- Fee Structure: The generic fee structure for the course starts from Rs 4000 to Rs 30,000.
- Salary: The average starting salary for the course is from Rs 3 to 8 lakhs per annum.
- Career Opportunities: Some career opportunities after completion of the BFT Courses are Investments Analyst, Corporate Analyst, Business Analyst, Tax Advisor Accountant, Market Analyst and many more.
Bachelor of Foreign Trade (BFT) Courses Eligibility Criteria
Students must meet the eligibility criteria to apply for Bachelor of Foreign Trade. The BFT eligibility criteria state that the candidates must qualify 10+2 from a recognised Board.
- The minimum aggregate percentage needed to apply for the course may vary from one institute to another.
- Some institutions select students based on merit
- Some institutions arrange entrance tests to get admissions to the course.
SkillSet Required for Bachelor of Foreign Trade (BFT) Courses
- Excellent Communication
- Management Skills
- Capability to handle stress
- Meet Deadlines
- Have sight for detail
- Good visual imagination
- Good observation skills
- Have Persuasiveness
Benefits of BFT Courses
- BFT courses offer job possibilities in different areas like commerce, banking, trade, accounts, and many more.
- It encourages students to seize a professional qualification in foreign trade and affords a solid foundation in the field of international business
- One can work in the exportation market to increase overseas sales.
- One can work as a marketing executive who plans strategies based on marketing research.
Bachelor of Foreign Trade (BFT) Courses Admission Process
- Visit the official website of the colleges or institutions and select the BFT course.
- Fill and submit the application forms.
- Applicants should pay the application fee and submit all the required documents.
- The selection method for Bachelors of Foreign Trade BFT Courses may vary from one institution to another.
- Some institutions rely on the merit-based admission process for admitting students into the Bachelor of Foreign Trade course.
- Most institutions arrange entrance exams along with the interview process to apply for the course.
- Some institutes manage a donation-based admission process.
Bachelor of Foreign Trade Syllabus
The BFT program has six semesters. Every semester there are two elective papers and the third paper is a practical paper. The syllabus may vary from one institute to another. Here is a list of some subjects in each semester:
- India’s Foreign Trade I
- Basics of International Trade I
- Basics of International Trade II
- India’s Foreign Trade II
- Elements of Export Marketing I
- Elements of Export Marketing II
- Exports Finance and Procedure I
- Exports Finance and Procedure II
- Export Logistics I
- Export Documentation and Procedure I
- Export Logistics II
- Export Documentation and Procedure II
- Export Documentation and Procedure
List of Colleges Offering Bachelor of Foreign Trade (BFT) Courses
There are many Government and private Institutions for the Bachelor of Foreign Trade courses. Some of the colleges are given below:
- DBSAP-Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Polytechnic
- DNP-D N Polytechnic
- I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University
- PSG College
- Rajiv Academy for Technology and Management
- Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
- Hindu College
- ST. Xavier’s College
Bachelor of Foreign Trade (BFT) Courses Fee Structure
The fee structure for the course may vary from one institute to another. The generic fee structure for the course starts from Rs 4000 to Rs 30,000. The fees for private colleges may be higher than the fees in the government colleges.
Job Prospects Under BFT Course
After the completion of the course, the BFT students will find a plethora of job opportunities in different areas. Some of the employment areas are given below
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade
- Marine Insurance Companies
- State Trading Corporations
- Banks & Financial Institutions
- Shipping Companies or Corporations
- Export Houses
- International Finance
- Transportation Corporations
- Dry Ports, Ports
- Custom Clearing Houses
Some of the job types the student might hold after the completion of the course are
- Market Analyst
- Accountant, Tax Advisor
- Budget Analyst
- Marketing Manager
- Money Manager
- Investment Banker
- Investments Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Corporate Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Equity Research Analyst
- Operations Manager
- Revenue Agent
- Personal Finance Consultant
Salary of a Foreign Trade Graduate
A career in Foreign Trade has become quite profitable. Starting with a payroll of Rs 8000 to Rs.10000 for a trainee one can hold a higher wage depending on eligibility and skill. On an aggregate, the generic salary could be around Rs 18000 to Rs 30000 per month. If the candidate is in any government post, the payment will be as per the grade and payscale.
FAQ’s on Bachelor of Foreign Trade (BFT) Courses
How does the BFT course help?
The BFT course helps to learn a great understanding of the movement of services, goods and capital across International territories and borders.
What are the skillsets to pursue a Bachelor of Foreign Trade course?
The skill sets required are to have excellent interaction and management skills along with the capability to manage stress and to reach deadlines to pursue a career in foreign trade.
What are the eligibility criteria for the course?
The BFT eligibility criteria state that the candidates must qualify 10+2 from a recognised Board.
What is the mode of education for the BFT course?
The mode of education for the Bachelor of Foreign Trade course is both regular and part-time.