Best Books for SEBI Grade A Officer: SEBI, Securities and Exchange Board of India, conducts an exam for the recruitment of Assistant Manager under the streams like Information Technology, General, Legal, and Engineering. The selection of candidates is made according to marks scored and a personal interview.
This article helps candidates get the best books for SEBI Grade A officer for Phase I and Phase II of the examination. We suggest you with the best books for accountancy, finance, management, costing companies act, economics, and more according to the latest exam pattern.
SEBI Grade A Officer Exam Books and Reference Materials
Securities and Exchange Board of India appoint suitable candidates for the post of Assistant Manager in different categories like Civil and Electrical Engineering. After knowing the complete syllabus for the SEBI Grade A Officer exam, the first thing that students search for is the best books. Here is the list of some good books and study material that they can prefer to help candidates with it.
SEBI Grade A Officer Examination
- Paper-I: There are two Phases. Phase I includes all streams. Multiple choice questions are asked on the subjects like General Awareness, Financial Sector, and more. The section covers English Language, Test of Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude. The students have to score at least 30% marks to crack this paper. In Phase II, questions are asked from subjects like Finance, Management, Commerce, and more. Students have to score a minimum of 40% in this phase.
- Paper-II: It includes multiple-choice questions on the specialized subject related to Information Technology, Legal, Engineering Stream, and Official Language Stream. From the Research stream, multiple-choice questions cover subjects like statistics, economics, commerce, finance, and econometrics. Candidates have to score at least 40% marks to crack SEBI Grade A officer examination.
SEBI Grade A Officer Exam Syllabus
|General Awareness||Current Affairs- National and International
Books and Authors
Countries, Capitals, and more
Awards and Honours
|English Language||Sentence Rearrangement
Idioms and Phrases
|Quantitative Aptitude||HCF and LCM
Approximation and Simplification
Work and Time
Probability, Permutation and Combination
Order and Ranking
Number System and Conversions
|Commerce and Accountancy||Fixed Assets
Share Capital Transactions
Fund Flow Statement
Cash Flow Statement
Employees Stick Option
|Management||Nature and Scope of Management
Directing and Controlling
|Finance and Management||Money Market
Reserve Bank of India
SEBI- Functions and Role
Primary and Secondary Markets
|Costing||Lean System and Innovation
Methods of Costing
Objectives and Scope of Cost and Management Accounting
Total Productive Maintenance
- For Information Technology: SQL Queries, Database Concepts, Shell Programming, Algorithms for problem-solving, Data Analytics Languages, Database Concepts, and more
- For Civil Engineering: Structural Analysis, Flow of Fluids, Structural Analysis, Environmental Engineering, Solid Mechanics, Building Materials, Construction Practice, Planning and Management
- Electrical Engineering: Systems and Signal Processing, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Power Systems, Basic Electronics Engineering, Computer Fundamentals, and more
- Research Stream: Public Economics, Financial Markets, Economics, Statistics and Econometrics, and International Economics
SEBI Grade A Officer Books
Phase I of this paper includes questions from subjects like General English, Quantitative Aptitude, General and Financial Awareness, and Reasoning. Phase II will test the English language drafting skills of candidates.
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||S Chand||RS Aggarwal|
|Data Interpretation||TMH Publication||Arun Sharma|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||S Chand||RS Aggarwal|
|Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics||BSC Publication||M Tyra|
|Word Power Made Easy||Goyal||Norman Lewis|
|SSC Reasoning||Kiran Publication||Kiran|
|How to Crack Test of Reasoning: In All Competitive Exam||Arihant Publication||BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwali|
|SSC English||MB Publication||Ajay Singh|
|Objective General English||Arihant Publication||SP Bakshi|
|Business Law Including Company Law||New Age International Publishers||SS Gulshan|
|Principles and Practise of Management||Sultan Chand and Sons||LM Prasad|
|Principles of Management||McGraw Hills||Harold Kootz and Cyril J.O’ Donnell|
|Indian Financial System||Pearson||Bharti Pathak|
|Indian Economy||McGraw Hills||Ramesh Singh|
|Economic Survey Vol I and Vol II||–||Ministry of Finance, Government of India|
|Indian Economic Since Independence||Academic Foundation||Uma Kapila|
General Awareness (Current Affairs and Banking and Financial Awareness)
- Static GK General Knowledge by Arihant Publication
- Banking Awareness Handbook of Banking Information by N.S. Toor
- Lucent General Knowledge
Finance and Management
- Organizational Behaviour by SP Robotics
- Indian Financial System by Bharti V Pathak
- Financial Management- Prasanna Chandra Principles and Practices of Management by LN Prasad
- IGNOU Notes for Organizational Behaviour
- Principles of Management by Harold Koontz
Economics and Social Issues
- NCERT Books
- Union Budget and Economic Survey
- Indian Economy- Uma Kapila, Ramesh Singh, Datta and Sundaram, and Mishra and Puri
SEBI Grade A Officer Study Material
Irrelevant notes or study material will not help students reach their potential for the SEBI Grade A Officer exam. Apart from studying the best books for general as well as specialized stream, it’s recommendable to collect good study material.
SEBI Grade A Previous Year Question Paper
Solving the practice set or previous year question paper for the SEBI Grade A Officer exam will help aspirants to get familiar with different types of questions. It will save a good amount of time, plus will enhance precision and accuracy. It will let students know the challenges faced while solving the actual paper so that they can prepare accordingly.
SEBI Grade A Officer Mock Test
Candidates can become familiar with the pattern and time limit by solving the SEBI Grade A mock test at a certain time. It will help students to figure out the latest trends followed in the exam.
Conclusion on Best Books for SEBI Grade A Officer
The above SEBI Grade A Officer Books and Reference Materials aim to help interested students at the time of exam preparations. Aspirants can refer and practice from the provided list of books from this article.
FAQ’s on Best Books for SEBI Grade A Officer
How many parts SEBI Grade A Officer exam have?
SEBI Grade A exam consists of two papers in two phases. Paper I include questions from the general stream and Paper II from the general as well as specific stream.
Which book is beneficial for preparing SEBI Grade A Reasoning section?
The reasoning section includes questions from Data Sufficiency, Coding-Decoding, and more. So, students can prefer Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations from S Chand Publications for exam preparation.
Can students take SEBI Grade A Phase I and Phase II in the Hindi exam?
Yes. All the questions, except the English Language, are available in the Hindi language also, so students have the choice to attempt the exam either in English or Hindi.
How are the SEBI Grade A Sample Papers beneficial for preparation?
Previous Year Question Paper plus Sample Papers play a critical role to help candidates practice and solve the maximum number of questions.