Best Books for NEET PG: If you are striving to crack NEET PG, selecting the best books for NEET PG is a crucial step. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduation (NEET-PG) is a profoundly competitive exam, which has takers from all over the country. The NEET PG is a single session entrance exam organised for admissions into MS/MD and other postgraduate diploma programmes at different medical colleges across the nation. There are a variety of NEET preparation books accessible offline and online.
In this article, we have yielded the list of best NEET books which will help you grapple marks in your exams. NEET PG exam will be held in 2021. Provided with a well-planned strategy, students can score well in the exam. Check out the best books for the exam in this article.
NEET PG Books and Reference Materials
The NEET exam prepares and guides your broad career. The syllabus for the main exam includes Physics, Chemistry & Biology. Applicants can check out the NEET books to read and refer to any topics.
- NEET PG Examination Pattern
- NEET PG Syllabus
- NEET PG Notes and Books
- NEET PG Study Materials
NEET PG Examination Pattern
The NEET PG 2021 exam pattern is conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE). To score excellent marks in the NEET PG, aspirants must know the syllabus and exam pattern of NEET PG 2021. The exam pattern of NEET PG 2020 covers the marking scheme, syllabus, books, duration of the test and the total number of questions by going through this pattern. Here are the exam pattern highlights.
|NEET Exam Date
|Mode of exam
|3 hours 30 mins
|Multiple Choice Questions
|Total Questions in NEET PG
|4 marks for each correct answer Negative marking for wrong answer
NEET PG Exam Distribution Pattern And Total Marks
|Social and preventive medicine
|General Medicine -Venereology and Psychiatry and Dermatology
|General Surgery including Anaesthesia, Radiodiagnosis, Orthopedics,
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology
NEET PG Syllabus
The medical applicants can check for the subject-wise NEET syllabus in English. The syllabus highlights the topics of Biochemistry, Microbiology, ophthalmology, pediatrics and many more. It will help applicants to differentiate between the most important and less important topics, and books and study materials to use for the exam. The detailed subject wise syllabus of NEET is given below.
|Preventive and Social Medicine:
NEET PG Notes and Books
The preparation for the NEET exam is not entirely reliant on the books. One should start with the most recommended books. These NEET books are essential for understanding each topic of the NEET syllabus conceptually and theoretically. The best books for NEET cover the subjects of the exam thoroughly. They are easy to present material related to the NEET PG syllabus and also give great practice questions. Here is a subject-wise listing of the essential NEET preparation books.
|Anshul Jain and Rachana Chaurasia
|Self-Assessment & Review Microbiology & Immunology
|Robbins & Vinay Kumar
|Pathologic Basis of Disease
|Gobind Rai Garg & Sparsh Gupta
|Review of Pharmacology
|Review of Basic Subjects and Self-Assessment & ( Forensic Medicine and anatomy)
|O P Ghai
|Self-Assessment and Review of Microbiology and Immunology
|Social and Preventive medicine
|Social Medicine and Review of Preventive (Including Biostatistics)
|Medicine Dermatology And Venereology
|Saumya Shukla, Anurag Shukla.
|A Complete Review of Short Subjects Volume – 1, Dermatology, Radiodiagnosis, Psychiatry, Anaesthesia, Radiotherapy, Nuclear Medicine, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics, Anaesthesia
|Head & Neck Surgery and ENT
|Radiotherapy and Radiodiagnosis
|Smart Study Series Radiology
|Med.Psych, Opthal, Skin, Anne.Radi.Nuclear, Ortho
|Obstetrics And Gynaecology
|Ashish Gupta/ Arvind Arora/Amit Tripathi
|PG Medical Entrance Examinations Review ( Gynae & Obs. Paediatrics, Medicine, Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, Radiology) Vol 3
|Mohan Sunil Kumar
|Rebecca James Perumcheril
|Review of Biochemistry and Self-Assessment
NEET PG Study Materials
In addition to books, other references to study materials assist an individual’s NEET PG preparation and promote an in-depth practice for students. A few more suggested reading references and study materials for NEET PG preparation are as follows –
- All India PG Medical Entrance Exam with Answers by Gupta, Krishnamurthy, and Sethi
- Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery Review: A Study Guide – Din Lam, Daniel Laskin
- Diseases of Ear, Nose & Throat by Dhingra
- Review Of Postgraduate Medical Entrance Examination by Ashish Gupta
- Short Practice of Surgery by Bailey
- Postgraduate Medical Entrance Exam, Vol 2 and 3 by Amit Tripathi and Ashish Gupta
- Review and Self-Assessment of NEET Pattern Question by Arvind Arora
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology by Carl M. Allen DDS MSD, Brad W. Neville, Douglas D. Damm Jerry Bouquot MSD
- Dental Supreme by Kulkarni
- Microbiology and General Pathology Questions and Answers by Bansal
- Parsons’ Diseases of the Eye
- Review and Self-Assessment: ENT by Sakshi Arora
- Forensic Medicine And Toxicology Essentials by Narayan Reddy
- Principles of Internal Medicine by Harrison
- Robbins and Vinay Kumar’s Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Review and Self Assessment of Preventive & Social Medicine by Aravind Arora
- Periodontology essentials by Sahitya Reddy
- Neeraj Wadhawan – AIPGDEE
- Sembulingam- Essentials Of Physiology For Dental Students
- Social Medicine and Preventive Textbook by K Park
- Preclinical Manual of Conservative Dentistry by V. Gopikrishna
- Essential Pediatrics by O.P. Ghai
- Review of Pathology and Genetics by Sparsh Gupta & Gobind Rai Garg
- Textbook of Biochemistry for Medical Students by Sreekumari
- Fundamentals Of Oral Medicine & Radiology by Bailor
- Phillips’ Science of Dental Materials by Shenoy
- Oral Diagnosis, Oral Medicine, and Oral Radiology by Ongole
- Essentials Of Public Health and Dentistry by Peter
- DAMS Beat The NEET by Sumer K Sethi
- Dentist Clinical Sciences by Gowri Shankar
Conclusion on Best Books for NEET PG
The NEET PG Books, Notes, and Study Materials are discussed above aim to help students at the time of exam preparations. Applicants can practice and refer to the given NEET PG sample papers, Notes and Study materials from this article.
FAQ’s on Best Books for NEET PG
What are the topics for the NEET PG exam?
Some of the topics for the NEET PG exams are Prolonged labour, obstructed labour, Glaucoma, Dermatology and Physiology.
What are the tips to excel in the NEET PG exam?
To excel in the NEET Exam one needs to practice, have clarity on the concepts and revise daily. They should make proper notes on all related topics from the essential books and study materials for easy preparation. They should practice more mock tests and test series and explore more competitive books for NEET.
What are some of the best books for NEET PG?
Some of the best books for NEET PG All India PG Medical Entrance Exam, Questions and Answers by Bansal, Med Physiology by Ganong, Self-Assessment and Review by Sakshi Arora and many more.
What is the time duration of the NEET PG exam?
The time duration of the NEET PG exam is 3 hours 30 minutes.