Best Books For CLAT: Standard Law Admission Test or CLAT is an entrance test conducted by the central government for the students who want to opt for the L.L.B. in the future. CLAT provides you the opportunity for admission to 22 national law universities, and the distribution of college is done based on the marks obtained in the test. Many Indian sector companies hire people who have a high CLAT score to fill their company’s legal position. After clearing CLAT, one can easily apply to a reputed Law college. So let’s know more about this.
CLAT- Eligibility Criteria
To give the exam, the following is the eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India, and in some cases, NRIs can also apply.
- International students who wish to study at Indian universities can directly approach the college as many law colleges reserve some seats for international students.
- For undergraduate courses, the student must pass 10+2 from a recognized board with an aggregate score of 45% or more for general and O.B.C. whereas, for SC/ST, the aggregate score is 40%.
- There’s no age limit for the examination.
- For postgraduate courses B.L. or L.L.B., the candidate must have an aggregate score of not less than 55% for general and O.B.C. candidates, and for SC/ST candidates the expected aggregate score is 50%.
Top Universities of National Law
Here are some universities bound with the CLAT exams, which means you can apply to these colleges after clearing your entrance test. The names of the colleges are:
- National Law University, Delhi
- Tamil Nadu national law university Trichy
- Rajiv Gandhi national university of Law, Patiala
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
CLAT – Syllabus
For the preparation of CLAT, these are the subjects you need to be focused on to give your best and to get admission in reputed colleges:
- General Knowledge
- Legal general knowledge
- Current affairs
- Legal reasoning
- Legal Aptitude
Best Books for CLAT Exam
Here is the list of books that candidates must study to prepare for the test. These books are commonly found in your nearest bookstore.
|Book name||Author’s name|
|Objective General English||A P Bhardwaj|
|Current Affairs yearly||Arihant Publications|
|30 days wonder for maths||S Chand|
|Analytical reasoning||M K Pandey|
|Objective Legal Aptitude||RS Aggarwal|
CLAT- Scope and Career Opportunities
After passing the CLAT exam, the candidate can get admission to a reputed university according to his/her rank and become a lawyer and or work in the legal field. But after completing college, the candidate has many options apart from lawyers that he/she can pursue like:
- Law firms
- Law Professor/Lecturer
- Corporate sector job
FAQs on CLAT Books
- What is the name of the Entrance exams other than CLAT for law colleges?
Answer. Apart from CLAT, there are many entrance tests that you can attempt such as:
- AILET, i.e., All India Law Entrance Test for admission to the National Law University (NLU) in Delhi.
- The symbiosis Entrance test is conducted by the Symbiosis International University for admission to Symbiosis Law College.
- Christ University, Bangalore conducts Christ University Law Entrance Exam, for admission in the law school, under Christ University.
- What will be the Salary Package after graduating in Law?
Answer. When you are about to complete under graduation in any national Law university, many companies will provide you ample opportunities for placement. Reputable companies will offer packages such as INR 12-15 lakh per year.
- What are the other options for candidates after graduation in Law?
Answer. The person who completed his/her graduation can opt for an LLB course and obtain a master’s degree (LLM) and even a doctorate (Ph.D.). Again, they can opt for a diploma in many fields like Diploma in Environmental Law, Diploma in Human Rights, etc.