Best Books for BITSAT: Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test (BITSAT) is one of the popular entrance exams among engineering students. It is a computer-based competency test that offers admission into BITS undergraduate (UG) engineering courses. BITS provides access to engineering UG courses in Pilani, Hyderabad, and Goa campuses depending on the result of BITSAT. The exam is very competitive, as approximately three lakhs students appear for this entrance exam every year. So, students need to learn and practice more to score good marks in this exam. Apart from hard work and patience, students should read the correct study materials.
This article will provide you with complete details about the books and study materials that should be read thoroughly to crack this exam. BITSAT follows the NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class. In our list of books, you will find some best suitable Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry books for BITSAT. Apart from these, you will also get information about the best English and Logical Reasoning books for BITSAT. These books are based on the latest syllabus, tips, and tricks.
BITSAT Books and Reference Materials
The BITSAT is a national level exam conducted by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science. This exam can give you the entry ticket to some best engineering colleges in India. In this article, you will get complete details of the BITSAT exam.
- BITSAT Subjects
- Courses Offered after BITSAT
- BITSAT Syllabus
- BITSAT Sample Papers
- List of Colleges Accepting BITSAT
- BITSAT Books with Authors’ Names
Entrance exams are always challenging for everyone. It doesn’t matter how many entrance exams you have appeared before. Every time, it needs a different approach to score high marks. BITSAT is no different from the others. Many students get confused with a vast number of books and study materials available. So, we have made a list of some best books you can choose to read if you are amongst those confused students. The syllabus is quite vast, and students get significantly less time to prepare for this exam. So, it is essential to study in the right way. Before knowing about the books, you must know about the syllabus of BITSAT.
- English Language
- Logical Reasoning
Courses Offered after BITSAT
- BITS, Pilani Campus: B.E. – Chemical, Computer Science, Civil, Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical, Electronics & Instrumentation, and Manufacturing.
- K. K. Birla, Goa Campus: B.E. – Chemical, Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Instrumentation, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, and Mechanical.
- BITS, Hyderabad Campus: B.E.- Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
|Subject||BITSAT Syllabus 2020|
|Physics||Units & Measurement
Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
Newton’s Laws of Motion
Impulse and Momentum
Work and Energy
Heat and Thermodynamics
Magnetic Effect of Current
|Chemistry||States of Matter
Hydrogen and s-block elements
p- d- and f-block elements
Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons
Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
Physical and Chemical Equilibria
Biological, Industrial and Environmental chemistry
Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
Ordinary Differential Equations
|Biology||Diversity in Living World
Genetics and Evolution
Structure and Function – Plants
Structure and Function – Animal
Reproduction, Growth, and Movement in Plants
Reproduction and Development in Humans
Ecology and Environment
Biology and Human Welfare
Biotechnology and its Applications
|Logical Reasoning||Verbal Reasoning
BITSAT Sample Papers
As BITSAT is conducted online, BITS Pilani publishes sample papers for this exam. BITSAT is one of the most challenging engineering entrance exams. Practising sample papers can help students to know more about the exam. They will also get to know about the question pattern and level of complexity. You can download the sample papers by following the links given below.
List of Colleges Accepting BITSAT
Six engineering colleges in India provide admission into undergraduate courses depending on the marks of BITSAT. Names of those colleges that accept BITSAT score are listed below:
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Hyderabad
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Goa
- NIIT University, Neemrana
- Swami Rama Himalayan University, Dehradun
- Samalkha Group of Institutions, Panipat
BITSAT Books with Authors
BITSAT 2020 will be conducted online. The duration of the BITSAT exam will be three hours. There will be multiple-choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, and Logical Reasoning. A list of books for different subjects is given below. You do not have to buy all the books; you can choose one or two books for each subject among the list.
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma Vol 1 and Vol 2
- Arihant Physics by D. C. Pandey
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- Advanced level Physics by Nelson and Parker
- Fundamentals of Physics Resnick, Halliday, Walker
- Atkins’ Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry by J.D.Lee
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P.Tandon
- Physical Chemistry by N Awasthi
- Organic Chemistry by Paula Bruice Yurkanis
- Organic Chemistry by M.S. Chauhan
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee
- Class XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
- Differential Calculus by Arihant
- Integral Calculus by Arihant
- Higher Algebra by Hall Knight Bernard-child
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable Algebra written by I.A.Maron
- Dinesh Objective Biology
- Pradeep’s Objective Biology
English Language and Logical Reasoning
- BITSAT English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning by Disha Experts
- One Learn Education’s The Pearson Complete Guide to the BITSAT
- Wren and Martin
Conclusion on Best Books for BITSAT
BITSAT is a national level exam. After passing class 12 with minimum aggregate marks of 75 per cent in Mathematics, Physics, and chemistry, candidates can apply for this exam. Though many people appear for this exam, proper preparation and time management can help you score good marks in this exam. We have tried to provide the best information as per our knowledge. Hopefully, it will help you in your preparation for BITSAT.
FAQ’s on Best Books for BITSAT
Are NCERT books enough for BITSAT?
NCERT books cover most of the syllabus of BITSAT. These books contain all the topics, essential questions, and important formulas for the BITSAT exam.
Is BITSAT better than JEE?
BITSAT is attended by more candidates than the JEE exam. Students get to solve one-fifty questions in three hours in BITSAT. On the other side, students have to solve 90 problems in three hours in the JEE exam. Students with good English get an advantage in BITSAT.
What are the best books of Biology for BITSAT?
There are two good books on Biology for BITSAT. One is Dinesh Objective Biology and Pradeep’s Objective Biology.
Which are the main subjects in the BITSAT exam?
The main subjects of the BITSAT exam are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English, and Logical Reasoning.