Best Books for BCECE: The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam, commonly known as BCECE conducts an exam every year for candidates willing to take admission in agriculture, medical and engineering courses. BCECE provides an opportunity to thousands of applicants to get admitted to brilliant colleges and pursue courses of their own choice. However, to taste success, one needs to put in a lot of hard work and so choosing the right books for preparation is equally important. Therefore, stay glued to the article to know about Best Books for BCECE.
Best Books for BCECE Overview
BCECE is one of the most significant exams in India. This year in 2020, the exam was slated to be held on October 10th and 11th. Students applying for BCECE next year must be aware of exam pattern and eligibility criteria.
BCECE Exam Pattern
Unlike most of the competitive entrance exams, the BCECE exam is held in an offline mode, wherein each question carries 4 marks while for every wrong answer 1 mark is deducted.
The exam stretches for 1 1/2 hours.
The exam is conducted in two stages:
- Stage I: In stage one, students are asked questions from physics, chemistry, biology or mathematics. The total number of questions is 150 wherein each section carries 50 marks. The good news is, there is no negative marking in this stage.
- Stage II: In stage II, there are 100 questions in each subject -Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics, while the total marks account for 300. Candidates need to be cautious here as this stage includes negative marking.
As mentioned above, for every correct answer students are awarded 4 marks while for every wrong answer 1 mark is deducted.
BCECE Entrance Exam Syllabus
The entrance exam syllabus includes some important topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology:
Take a glance at some of the important topics in all four subjects:
- Electromagnetic waves
- Oscillations and waves
- Laws of motion
- Current and Magnetism- Magnetic effects
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating
- Structure of atoms
- Chemical Kinetics
- Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Redox reactions
- Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- General principles and processes of isolation and it’s elements
- P-block elements
- Biological Classification
- Diversity in Living World
- Structure and Function of Cell
- Plant and Human Physiology
- Microbes in human welfare
- Sexual reproduction in flowering plants
- Environmental issues
- Genetics and evolution
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Sets, Functions and Algebra I
- Relation and Functions
- Trigonometric functions
- Calculus I and Calculus II
- Probability and Statistics
- Vectors and three-dimensional geometry
- Linear programming
- Mathematical reasoning
- Coordinate geometry
Best Books for BCECE
Students preparing for BCECE can seek help from the following reference books:
- Science for Everyone: Aptitude Test Problem in Physics by S.S.Krotov
- Fundamentals of Physics, class 11, set of textbook and practice book by David Halliday
- NCERT Physics Book of Class 11th and 12th
- Objective Physics by Pradeep
- BCECE Explorer by Arihant/MTG
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R. C. Mukherjee
- Numerical Chemistry by Dr. P. Bahadur
- NCERT Chemistry Book of Class 11th and 12th
- BCECE Explorer by Arihant /MTG
- Textbook of Biology Class XII by PS Dhami
- Trueman’s Biology for Class XI and XII
- NCERT Biology Book of Class 11th and 12th
- BCECE Explorer by Arihant /MMTG
- A Problem Book in Mathematical Analysis by GN Berman
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- R. D. Sharma Objective
- NCERT Maths Book of Class 11th and 12th
- BCECE Explorer by Arihant /MMTG
BCECE Career Opportunities and Scope
There is immense scope for engineers, doctors, and those who wish to pursue a career in biotechnology. Fast lifestyle, increase in population and advancements in technology have paved a way for engineering, development of apps, technology, infrastructure, the invention of efficient and cost-effective tools for agriculture that demand the human workforce. Therefore, the jobs of doctors, engineers, those engaged in the field of agriculture and biotechnology can never cease to exist. Students pursuing these courses would certainly land in good jobs and umpteen opportunities.
FAQ’s on Best Books for BCECE
How many marks are deducted in negative marking?
For every wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted in stage II.
Is studying the basics of PCM/B of class XI and XII helpful in the exam?
Yes, questions are generally asked from the NCERT syllabus of class XI and XII. However, there are more reference books given in the article that may prove helpful.
How many marks are awarded for each question in BCECE?
Every question in each subject carries 4 marks both in stage I and stage II.