Best Books For AIIMS: All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) is one of the most famous medical institutes for education in India. It was first established in 1956 with the name of INI, i.e. the Institute of National Importance under the parliament act. AIIMS has many institutes around the country such as the following:
- AIIMS Hyderabad
- AIIMS Bangalore
- AIIMS Delhi is a famous and priority choice for medical students
- AIIMS Bhopal, the second-best college for medical
These colleges offer graduation and post-graduation courses with facilities like teaching, research, and patient-care programs.
Eligibility Criteria For AIIMS Entrance Exam
For admission in the top colleges of medical science, this is the eligibility criteria that the student must pass.
- The age of the student should be 17 years old minimum.
- The student must have passed 10+2 with 60% or more.
- The student has to complete 10+2 with physics, chemistry, biology, and English as his/her subject.
- If the student appears for the qualifying exam, then he/she can apply for the AIIMS, but they should submit the document afterward.
AIIMS Exam- Admission Process
To get admission in AIIMS, the student must clear the entrance exam- NEET-UG. After clearing the exam, the college will be allotted accordingly to you after which, you need to go to the official website of the AIIMS and submit your documents either online or at the allotted location. If you score a high rank, you can choose the college according to your preferences.
AIIMS Exam Subjects
The subjects you have to study while pursuing medical from AIIMS are:
|Physics||Electrostatics, current electricity, electromagnetic waves|
|Chemistry||Solutions, surface chemistry, Block elements|
|Biology||Propagation, Biology and Human well-being|
Best Books for AIIMS
- Concept of Physics by H.C. Verma
- AIIMS Explorer by D.C. Pandey
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnik, and Walker
- Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- Dinesh Chemistry by P.N. Kapil
- Objective biology by K.N. Bhatia
- Pradeep Publications for Biology by P.S. Dhami and G. Chopra
- A Class-Book of Botany by A.C. Dutta
Syllabus for NEET Exam
National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) is conducted for the admission for the MBBS course in medical colleges like AIIMS. It is operated by the central government, and based on this test; colleges are allotted to the students. To prepare for the test, these are the subjects which you have to prepare:
- General Knowledge
- Logical thinking
Scope and Opportunities after AIIMS
After completing the MBBS from a reputed college like AIIMS, one can opt for many career options in the future like:
- Hospital Administration
- Clinical forensic medical Examiner
- Medical teacher and professor
- Transplant Coordinator
- Public Health Workers
FAQs on Best Books For AIIMS
Q1- What can one study after passing from AIIMS with the MBBS degree?
After completing the MBBS, one can opt for many other degrees and courses like:
- M.S. in Microbiology
- Diploma in sports medicine
- Diploma in nuclear medicine
- MBA in Healthcare Management
The salary will eventually increase if the candidate opts for post-graduation as it will help get a higher post, and with the higher position comes a higher salary package.
Q2. What are the general and SC/ST candidates’ passing marks to appear in the entrance exam?
Answer. To appear in the entrance exam, 60% in 10+2 is mandatory with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English required for general and OBC candidates and for SC/ST candidates, 50% in 10+2 with physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as their mandatory subjects are required.
Q3. What will be the salary package of the candidate after passing from AIIMS?
Answer. After completing MBBS from a reputed college like AIIMS, one can become a doctor or public health worker. Though at the initial stage, the salary will be around INR 35,000-40,000 per month. With the experience, the salary and opportunities will also increase. A reputed and trusted candidate can earn up to INR 9 lakh per year.