Ayurveda Diploma Course: Ayurveda has a holistic approach to medicine and life. It does not differentiate between the mind and the body since the Ayurveda is based on the principle that the mind and the body are interconnected. Ayurveda emphasizes promotive and preventive healthcare. An unhealthy lifestyle, bad diet habits, and stress are some of the factors which lead to an imbalance in the mental and physical health of an individual resulting in diseases.
If you are interested in the Ayurvedic field of medicine, taking up a diploma course related to Ayurveda might be the best option for you. Keep reading this article to gain all the knowledge about the course details of the Ayurveda diploma course. Let’s get started!
About Ayurveda Diploma Course
Diploma Ayurveda courses are designed in order to train the candidates in various fields such as Ayurveda pharmacy, maternal care, Ayurveda pharmaceuticals, yoga therapy, etc. The course might have a duration of a few weeks up to two years.
The Diploma in Ayurveda Course duration completely depends upon the particular course requirements. The fee of a diploma course in Ayurveda is somewhere between INR 20,000 to INR 1,50,000 depending upon the college to which the student gets admitted. An individual can expect a salary of somewhere between INR 2,00,000 to INR 4,00,000 as a fresher after completing their diploma in Ayurveda degree.
- Types of Ayurveda Diploma Courses
- Skills Required for Ayurveda Diploma Course
- Eligibility Criteria for an Ayurveda Diploma Course
- Admission Process in an Ayurveda Diploma Course
- Top Colleges for Diploma Courses in Ayurveda
- Fee Structures of Diploma in Ayurveda Courses
- Job Opportunities after Completing a Diploma in Ayurveda
- Salary of a Diploma Holder in Ayurveda
- Top Recruiters for Students With an Ayurveda Diploma Degree
- FAQ’s on Ayurveda Course in Diploma
There are various fields under Ayurveda yoga that provide different kinds of specializations. Following is the list of different diploma courses in Ayurveda that one can take up according to their interests:
- Yoga and Naturopathy
- Ayurvedic Dietetics
- Ayurvedic Beauty Therapy
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Management
- Ayurvedic Cosmetology and Skin Disease
- Yoga Therapy
- Ayurvedic Drug Standardization
- Cultivation of Medicinal Plants
- Ayurvedic Gynecology
- Ayurvedic Pediatrics
- Ayurveda Anesthesiology
- Management and Administration of Ayurveda Institutions
- Ayurvedic Nursing
- Ayurvedic Massage
- An introductory course in Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic Cosmetics
- Ayurvedic Food and Nutrition
- Nadi Pariksha
- Ayurvedic Astrology
- Ayurvedic Pharma
- Rog Nidan Vidhi
- Ayurvedic Nursing and Pharmacy
- Netra Rog Chikitsa
- Manasik Swasthya
- Maternal Health Care
- Physiotherapy and Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic Compounded Training
- Meditation Teacher Training
- Ayurvedic Pharmaceutics
- Yoga Teacher Training
For studying in any field, there are some basic skills required. The skills that the candidates possess help them to learn and comprehend the degree in a much better way. Candidates going for a diploma in Ayurveda must have an appropriate set of skills if they want to excel in this field. Following are the skills required to study an Ayurveda diploma course:
- Dedication: The students must have full dedication towards the course and must focus on learning.
- Interest: Students must have a very keen interest in science and medicine.
- Physical fitness: The students must be physically fit in order to complete the degree.
- Attention to detail: The students must have the quality of paying attention to detail since Ayurveda is a subject of medicine and details are of utmost importance here.
- Persistence: Students must be persistent with their work and their zeal to learn.
- Mental fitness: The student should be mentally fit in order to complete the degree.
- Ready to act quick: The students must be very agile.
- Practical knowledge of Ayurvedic medicine: The students must have some idea about the Ayurvedic medicines prior to enrolling in the course, just on the basic level.
To get admission in a diploma Ayurvedic course, the student must have passed their class 12th from a recognized Board of Education. The admission is given on a merit basis. There are no entrance exams conducted at the state or national level for taking admission in a diploma course in Ayurveda.
However, some universities might take their own entrance examinations for admission to the course. The student must have secured at least 50% marks in their 10 + 2 examinations to be eligible for the admission process.
- To take admission in a diploma course in Ayurveda, the candidate must pass the eligibility criteria which is completing their 10 + 2 with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates must submit all their documents asked by the college along with their application form before the deadline.
- Students are must check the website of the college they want to apply for on a regular basis to get updates on the application process.
- Application forms can be submitted online or offline form as per the instructions of the college.
- The candidates who successfully meet all eligibility criteria and complete all the admission processes properly are selected for other processes and others are disqualified from the admission process.
Top Colleges for Diploma Courses in Ayurveda
There are various top institutes all across the country which provide premium quality education when it comes to the various diploma courses in the field of Ayurveda. With India being one of the biggest producers and consumers of Ayurvedic medicine, this field is extremely popular all across the country. Following is the list of top colleges for diploma courses in Ayurveda:
- Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University College of Ayurveda, Pune
- State Ayurvedic College and Hospital, Lucknow
- NIA – National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur
- Government Ayurvedic College and Hospital, Patiala
- Pt Khushilal Sharma Government Autonomous Ayurveda College and Institute, Bhopal
- Government Ashtanga Ayurved College, Indoor
- DSRRAU P- Doctor Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University, Jodhpur
- Shree Laxmi Narayan Ayurvedic College, Amritsar
- Abhilash University, Mandi
- CMJ University, Shillong
- YBN University, Ranchi
- Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur
- Shobhit University, Gangoh
- Janardhan Rai Nagar Rajasthan Vidyapeeth, Udaipur
- Shree Narayan Prasad Awasthi Government Ayurvedic College, Raipur
- Golgotia University, Greater Noida
- RKDF University, Bhopal
- Shree Satya Sai University of Technology and Medical Sciences, Sehore
- Tantia University, Shree Ganga Nagar
- Uttaranchal Unani Medical College and Hospital, Haridwar
- Government Autonomous Ayurveda College and Hospital, Reva
- Guru Nanak Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Shri Muktsar Sahib
- Gondwana University, Gadhchirauli
The fee of an Ayurvedic diploma course ranges somewhere between INR 20,000 to rupees INR 1,50,000. The fee structure entirely depends upon the College in which one wants to get admission. The government colleges charge much lesser fees in comparison to the private colleges since the government universities are externally funded by the state or central government.
After completing a diploma in Ayurveda, various sectors of the medical field relating to Ayurveda open up for an individual to work in and grab the experience. People are now getting more and more aware of Ayurvedic medicines and the positive effect that they have on the human body and people are shifting to Ayurvedic medicines for a more permanent cure for their illnesses.
This field is growing in India at a very high rate. Following are the job profiles that one can take after completing a diploma course:
- Ayurveda Specialist
- Medical Representative
- Marketing Specialist
- Quality Control Engineer, and many more
The salary of an individual after completing their diploma in Ayurveda courses depends on the position they’re working on. The average salary of a diploma holder in Ayurveda courses is somewhere between NR 2,00,000 to INR 4,00,000 as a fresher. The salary of an individual keeps on increasing as their experience in the field keeps on increasing.
Completing a diploma in Ayurveda Courses opens up a lot of doors in the medical field related to Ayurveda. Following are the top recruiters for the students who hold a diploma degree in Ayurveda courses:
- Patanjali Ayurved Limited
- The Himalaya Drug Company
- Zandu Pharmaceuticals Works Limited
- Hamdard Laboratories
- Surya Herbal Limited
- Vicco Laboratories
1. Can I apply for a diploma Ayurveda course after class 12th?
Yes, you can apply for admission in an Ayurveda diploma course in India after completing your class 12th. The minimum eligibility criteria for enrolling in a diploma course in Ayurveda is that the students must have completed their class 12th from a recognized Board of Education with a minimum of 50% marks.
2. What is the fee of an Ayurveda diploma course?
The average fee of a diploma Ayurveda course is somewhere around INR 50,000. However, the range of the fee of different colleges is from INR 20,000 to INR 1,50,000 per annum. The exact fee depends upon the College in which a student takes admission. The private colleges charge higher than the government colleges since the government colleges are funded by the state or the central government.
3. Is the Ayurveda diploma course a good option?
Yes, if you are someone who is interested in it and wants to build a career in it, doing a diploma course in Ayurveda can be a really good option for you. India is one of the biggest consumers of Ayurvedic medicines and Ayurveda is practiced quite a lot all across the country.
4. What jobs can I get after completing Ayurveda diploma courses?
Following are the job profiles for students who have completed their Ayurveda courses in diploma:
- Medical Representative
- Quality Control Engineer
- Ayurveda Specialist
- Marketing Specialist, and many more.
We believe that this article was able to provide you with all the information regarding Ayurveda Diploma Courses. We have covered all the points that explain Ayurveda, course details, top colleges for diploma degree in Ayurveda, eligibility criteria, admission process of colleges, fee structure, job options after completing a diploma course in the field of Ayurveda, the skills required to pursue this course, the salary after completing a diploma in Ayurveda as a fresher.
Hoping that this complete guide on Ayurveda diploma courses will be able to help you make an informed decision for yourself. Knowing about all the options available, the processes, and the future scope will help you clear up your mind and focus on the main features.