Atul Maheshwari Scholarship, offered by the Amar Ujala Foundation, is a merit-cum-means scholarship that provides financial assistance to those disadvantaged candidates who are pursuing their education from government institutions. Under Atul Maheshwari scholarship scheme, a total of 36 students are selected to receive the scholarship amount of up to INR 50,000 each. Besides fulfilling the eligibility conditions, the candidates also need to clear a written test and a round of interviews in order to avail the scholarship benefits.
In this article, we have covered all the details of Atul Maheshwari Scholarship. These details include application period, scholarship amount, eligibility conditions, application procedure, important documents and more. Before that, find below the overview of this merit-cum-means scholarship.
Overview of Atul Maheshwari Scholarship
- Application period* – July to August
- Scholarship amount – Up to INR 50,000
- Eligibility conditions – Students of class 9 to 12 with a family income of INR 1.5 Lakh per annum
- Application procedure – Apply online through the official website of Amar Ujala
* The application period mentioned above is tentative and subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Now, read the complete details of Atul Maheshwari Scholarship as mentioned below.
Atul Maheshwari Scholarship – Application Period
The application period of this merit-cum-means scholarship may vary from year-to-year. However, Atul Maheshwari scholarship is generally announced during the month of July/August and the deadline falls in the last week of August. So, if you are interested to apply for this school scholarship, keep a lookout for it during the months of July and August.
Atul Maheshwari Scholarship – Scholarship Amount
The students selected under this school scholarship through merit test become eligible to receive financial assistance in the form of scholarship so that they could complete their education without facing any monetary hurdle. A total of 36 students get selected, in which 18 students are of class 9 & 10 and the other 18 students are of class 11 & 12. Also, 2 blind students from class 10 and 12 are given financial support to complete their studies. Find below the complete details of scholarship amount disbursed among the selected candidates of this merit-cum-means scholarship.
Award Details of Atul Maheshwari Scholarship
- Students of class 9 and 10 – A scholarship amount of INR 30,000 to each selected candidate
- Students of class 11 and 12 – A scholarship amount of INR 50,000 to each selected candidate
- Blind students of class 10 and 12 – 1 blind student from each class get a scholarship amount of INR 30,000 and INR 50,000, respectively
Besides the rewards mentioned above, all the selected candidates also invited to Delhi for two days along with their guardians where they get the opportunity to understand how Amar Ujala works and how the newspapers are designed. They get introduced to the Managing Director of Amar Ujala and other senior Editors. The students are also taken to the tour of Delhi. The students are then facilitated with the scholarship award.
Atul Maheshwari Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for this merit-cum-means scholarship, the students need to fulfil certain eligibility conditions. Also, the applicants need to appear for the selection process conducted by the Amar Ujala Foundation and only after qualifying this exam, the candidates can avail the scholarship benefits. Find below the eligibility details of this scholarship.
- The candidates must be studying in class 9 to 12 to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The applicants must have secured more than 60% marks in their last annual exam.
- The annual family income of the applicant must not exceed INR 1.5 Lakh.
Atul Maheshwari Scholarship – Application Process
The candidates who wish to avail the benefits of Atul Maheshwari scholarship can apply online through the official web portal of Amar Ujala. The candidates are advised to keep with them all the necessary documents while applying for the merit-cum-means scholarship. Given below is a detailed description of how to apply for this scholarship.
- First, an applicant needs to visit the official webpage of Atul Maheshwari scholarship on the website of Amar Ujala.
- The candidate needs to sign up as a new user by clicking on ‘New here? Sign Up’.
- The applicant needs to write his/her name, email id and a password to create his/her account.
- The candidate receives a link on the registered email id which needs to be clicked upon to validate the new user account.
- Now, the candidate needs to sign in and fill all the necessary details in the application form.
- The candidate must upload the necessary documents and submit the application form.
Atul Maheshwari Scholarship – Key Documents
The interested candidates must have some important documents with them in order to avail the scholarship. Find below the list of key documents to be uploaded while filling the scholarship application form of this merit-cum-means scholarship.
- Applicant’s passport size photograph
- Marksheet of the last exam passed by the applicant
- Applicant’s domicile certificate (Aadhar card, Ration card, School ID)
Atul Maheshwari Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
All the interested candidates need to adhere to certain terms and conditions in order to successfully avail this merit-cum-means scholarship. Highlighted below are some of the rules and regulations of the scholarship that an applicant must keep in mind.
- The blind students selected under this merit-cum-means scholarship must be studying one class below. Also, the applicants can come with the assistants at the time of the written test.
- The applicants must keep in mind that they need to submit just one email id and mobile number with one application form.
- The documents uploaded while filling the application form needs to be more than 1 MB in size.
- Also, the eligible candidates who are called for the written test must carry their admit cards with them to the allotted venue.
- The admit card of the applicants is sent to them by email.
- The candidates are given the option to select their exam centre from a list of 57 cities.
Also read, ‘Means Scholarship – All You Need to Know’ to get information about other scholarships.