Assam CEE Books: Competitive exams are really tough, there are no compromising studies when it comes to entrance exams as well. One needs to burn the midnight oil and study hard to score well. It is sometimes a yes or no situation for many people. And therefore, the choice of books one uses for preparation is significant. Assam CEE is one such exam wherein more than 20,000 applicants appear and try their luck. In such a case it is crucial to start preparing from now on for the upcoming Assam CEE.
Assam CEE Books Overview
For those who are unaware, Assam CEE is a common entrance exam which is conducted by Assam Science and Technology University. Owned and controlled by the central government, the university offers courses for engineering students admitted to its affiliated colleges.
Candidates who are willing to apply for the exam must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- They must be citizens of India and must have a domicile of Assam.
- They must have scored at least 45-50% in 10+2.
- Candidates must score at least 45-50% in physics, chemistry, and maths in the entrance exam respectively if applying for a B. Tech or BE course.
- They must be 17-21 years of age.
Seats are reserved for certain sections of the society for the entrance as under:
- Scheduled Caste-7%
- Scheduled Tribes (residing in plain areas) – 10%
- Scheduled Tribes (hilly regions) – 5%
- Other Backward Classes- In accordance with the norms set by the government
- Tea garden labour community- 1seat in each college
- Ex tea garden labour community- 1 seat in each college.
- If a child of ex-servicemen- 1 seat in each college.
- Child or a grandchild of a freedom fighter – 2 seats in AEC, 2 seats in JEC, 1 seat in JIST
- Specially abled- 3% of college intake capacity
- NCC/Sportsman/Moran/Motak Communities- 1 seat in each college
Before we talk about Assam CEE Books, let us first look at the subjects in the syllabus of the university, covered during the entrance exam:
|Physics||Solids and Semi-Conductors Devices, Ray Optics, Units and Measurement, Description of Motion in One Dimension, Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions, Units and Measurement, Oscillations, Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves Atoms, Molecules, and Nuclei, Work, Energy and Power, Transference of Heat, Electrostatics Solids and Semi-Conductors Devices, Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei, Waves Description of Motion in One Dimension, Current Electricity, Laws of Motion, Rotational Motion and Moment of Inertia|
|Chemistry||States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry Some Basic Concepts, Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical Energetics and Thermodynamics, Rates of Chemical Reactions and Chemical Kinetics, Chemistry of Non-Metals – 1, Chemistry of Non-metals-II, Synthetic and Natural Polymers, Chemistry In Action, Environmental Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Heavy Metals Transition, MetalsIncluding Lanthanides Coordination Chemistry and Organo-Metallics, Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemistry of Lighter Metals, Chemistry of Representative Elements, Some Basic Principles Organic Compound Containing Halogens, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Nuclear Chemistry|
|Maths||Permutations and Combinations, Mathematical Induction and Its Application, Binomial Theorem and Its Applications, Vector Algebra Sets, Relations and Functions Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem and Its Applications, Complex numbers, Differential Calculus, Differential Equations, Dynamics Integral Calculus, Sequences and Series, Two-Dimensional Geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion Statics Dynamics Trigonometry Matrices and Determinants|
Now, let us discuss the best Assam CEE Books to prepare for entrance exams:
Assam CEE Books
- Xam Idea Physics of class 12th
- Objective Physics by Pradeep NCERT
- Physics books of class 11th and 12th Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- BCECE Chemistry of Arihant
- Objective Chemistry by Pradeep
- Xam Idea Chemistry of class 12th
- NCERT Chemistry books of class 11th and 12th
- NCERT Mathematics books of Class 11th and 12th
- BCECE Mathematics by Arihant
- Objective Mathematics by R.D. Sharma
- Xam Idea Mathematics of class 12th
Assam CEE Books Career Opportunities and Scope
Over a decade, technology in every field has grown widely, and therefore there is a call for an engineer or related field in every industry from healthcare to information and technology. For engineers and science students who are willing to accomplish big goals, this is one of the best and never-ending fields of their careers for them.
FAQ’s on Assam CEE Books
Where do I get the previous year’s question paper for Assam CEE?
Candidates can avail of the benefit of downloading the last 10 years question paper from the official site of Assam CEE.
What was the cut off previous year?
In 2017 cut-offs were as under:
- General- 110
- Sc – 94
- ST hills and plains respectively- 67 and 80
- OBC – 107
Are Assam CEE books for entrance exams available online?
Yes, they are available on online platforms.
Is there negative marking in the test?
Yes, 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.