10 Lines on Water Pollution: The planet earth is known as the Blue Planet, for the water comprises about three-fourth of the surface; thus, it appears to be blue when seen from space. Water covers the earth’s body in the form of oceans, sea, springs, waterfalls, rivers, ponds, wells, and not forgetting the underground water.
All humanity and other plants and animals depend on this much part of the freshwater for their survival. But, it is a very sorry state of affairs that now, due to the exponential misuse and arrogance by humans and other natural factors, the water is getting polluted to a great extent. It might endanger life on earth. Hence, all of us must take the necessary steps to prevent water pollution.
Enhance your vocabulary and writing skills with 10 Lines Essays available. Spark up the creativity in you and access various Topics on 10 Lines all in one place.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Water Pollution for kids
- When any impurities from the surrounding get mixed with the water bodies, the water gets polluted, known as water pollution.
- water pollution is a great bane for nature as well as humanity.
- water pollution degrades the quality of the water in the water bodies.
- When humans, birds, and animals consume this polluted water, including aquatic animals, it dramatically affects their health.
- Water gets polluted because men and women dump domestic wastes directly into water bodies.
- Water gets polluted because many factories dump their wastes, including chemical wastes, directly into water bodies.
- The polluted water, when consumed, causes diarrhea, cholera, typhoid, jaundice, and other diseases.
- When men and animals bathe in water, it causes water pollution.
- The quality of drinking water should always verify from time to time to prevent epidemics.
- We must take all necessary steps to stop or prevent water pollution.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Water Pollution for School Children
- The addition of pollutants or contaminants into water bodies that lead to the degradation of water quality is known as water pollution.
- According to the World Health Organisation report, over 250 million people worldwide die every year by consuming contaminated water.
- The aquatic plants and animals also die due to the contamination of the river and seawater.
- The unnecessary use of freshwater has also depleted the groundwater table.
- water pollution has also resulted in a scarcity of fresh water.
- Industrial and human waste disposal is the main reason for water pollution.
- The urban wastewater should adequately treat before draining into the rivers and other water bodies.
- The environmental pollution also affects the water pollution as in the case of acid rain, which when it gets precipitated in water bodies, kills the aquatic life and contaminate water, making it very much unfavourable for animals and humans.
- Awareness should spread in villages and other rural areas regarding water conservation and water pollution prevention to make people aware of water pollution’s adverse effects.
- If water pollution is not checked from now, it will result in the extinction of life.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Water Pollution for Higher Class Students
- Water Pollution can be defined as the addition of pollutants or contaminants from domestic and industrial sources that result in depleting the quality of the water.
- Water Pollution has resulted mainly due to expansive industrialization where factories and industries directly dump the chemical wastes into water bodies without even treating them.
- Also, in the farms and the field of cultivation, chemical fertilizers containing Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium have affected the underground water.
- Humans and animals who excrete in running water bodies also contribute to water pollution.
- The chemical content in the river water is consumed by the aquatic animals, affecting the food chain.
- Immersion of idols in rivers causes water pollution.
- Water conservation should be our tool to combat water pollution. Water conservation is a process by which unnecessary utilization of water is curbed.
- Polythene bags and plastic goods should not dump in rivers or seas.
- The government should take necessary steps to prevent the direct disposal of waste into the water bodies.
- Water supports life; thus, it is our primary responsibility to save it from water pollution so that pure water is available to our future generations.
Frequently Asked Questions on Water Pollution
How much freshwater is available on earth?
It is saddening to note that freshwater consists only of a very meagre part of the water resources: around 2.5% of the total water on the planet despite the water everywhere.
What are the two types of direct effects of water pollution?
Water Pollution results in scarcity of water and depletion of quality of water.