10 Lines on Save Water: Water is the second most essential resources after air that we need to sustain life on Earth, and we often use the word ‘life’ synonymously for ‘water’. The importance of water can be noticed from pre-historic times because our ancestors had build civilization, mostly near rivers. Water is not only necessary for drinking but also an essential component for agriculture, climate, humidity, marine life, industry, etc. The sea, ocean, river, and lake water is the habitation for the entire aquatic ecosystem. But most of us exploit water in one way or another. And this has resulted in excessive water pollution and scarcity.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Save Water for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Water is a necessity for all living things on this planet.
- Water is a blessing from Mother Nature.
- Water conservation is important because it is a necessity for life.
- Water-saving is the responsibility of everyone.
- Water is used for drinking, cooking, cleaning, bathing, washing, etc.
- Our existence depends on water as 70% of the human body is made of water.
- Without water, we will have problems like drought, hunger, and poverty.
- Drinkable water is limited in the environment.
- Global warming is also increasing because of water pollution.
- Water can be conserved by reducing unnecessary wastage of fresh water.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Save Water for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- There is hardly anyone who is not aware of the importance of water in our life.
- For raising awareness about water conservation and its necessity, 22nd March is observed as the ‘World Water Day’.
- Some of the greatest civilizations like the Indus Valley Civilization, Harappan Civilization, Ancient Egyptian Civilization, etc. all developed on the banks of major rivers.
- The Save Water campaigns trigger the sense of how close scarcity of freshwater is soon.
- One way that water is being polluted is by contamination from wrongly disposed of toxic wastes.
- Water can be conserved by practicing simple habits that will help us stop the wastage of water during our daily activities.
- Social communities like NGOs and even the government is trying in the best way possible to reduce the wastage of water.
- A lot of freshwaters is also lost by being used in the industry during the manufacturing of several things.
- Sanitation will be one of the biggest problems when scarcity of water prevails on Earth massively.
- Deforestation, exploitation of natural resources, pollution, etc. are all responsible for freshwater exhaustion; therefore, we can save water by stopping such activities.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Save Water for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Among things that man cannot live without, water will top the list right after oxygen.
- The water cycle of Earth will be completely damaged if the exploitation of water increases.
- Urbanization and industrialization have increased the demand for freshwater.
- Small steps in our daily chores like stopping the water flow from the tap while brushing or shaving, taking a bath with measured water of bucket than showering, bathing in a shower with a lower water flow pressure, etc.
- Washing machines and dishwashers require a lot of water hence to save water we should reduce the use of these.
- The Ministry of Water Resources of the Government of India has introduced eight missions for preservation and conservation of water, among which the ‘National Water Mission’ is mentionable.
- A lot of water is also required for irrigation in agricultural conditions, but with a measured use of water and recycling of water, we can save it.
- Circumstances for migration also arise because of the scarcity of water in a specific region.
- Water shortage has even caused the death of millions around the world, along with the extinction of several species of animals and plants.
- There is an estimation that if water preservation and conservation are not taken seriously in only five years, around three billion people will suffer because of water scarcity.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Save Water
How little amount of drinkable water left on Earth?
Even though our planet is covered mostly with water which is around 70% of water. But sadly, only 1.5% of freshwater is present on Earth, which is drinkable. The other amount of water is mostly saline and present in the oceans and seas, and some are also frozen in the form of glaciers.
How can students contribute to saving of water?
Students can practice methods of water preservation and conservation from a young age. And students can help by being aware of the surroundings and reporting any misuse or wastage of water and working towards making others informed about the benefits of water conservation.
How much percentage of water can be saved by adopting the means of water-saving features?
If the means of water conservation and water preservation are adopted in a household the around five thousand gallons of water can be saved every year, which is approximately 35%.
What happens on the intake of contaminated water?
Intake of contaminated unsafe water gives rise to several diseases, and sometimes it can also be fatal if toxic compounds are present in the water. In India, around 20% of illnesses are caused because of the infections resulted from the intake of unsafe water.