10 Lines on Save Environment for Kids: Our environment is the place that provides us with our home and everything else that we need to survive in the world, including food, water, shelter, medicines, raw materials for building things.
The environment is being destroyed little by little through human activities such as the pollution of water bodies, air pollution, global warming, and many other such phenomena. With the rising levels of pollution, we must raise more awareness about the problems which will be caused if we do not actively focus on saving the environment.
Below, there are several sets of 10 lines on save environment for kids and students which will be useful for writing essays and paragraphs about this topic.
Enhance your vocabulary and writing skills with 10 Lines Essays available. Spark up the creativity in you and access various Topics on 10 Lines all in one place.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Save Environment for kids
This set of 10 lines on save environment for kids of junior school will be helpful for those in classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The environment is what nature is made up of and it includes all of our surroundings, which are the trees, plants, air, water bodies, etc.
- Every day, the environment is getting more and more polluted due to the activities of human beings.
- Humans add to air pollution through fumes and smoke from vehicles, factories and even firecrackers.
- Humans also continually add to soil pollution and water pollution by dumping lots of waste materials like garbage and factory waste in rivers, seas, lakes, and on open land or anywhere on the land they want to throw it.
- Humans add to noise pollution through the honking of vehicles on roads, firecrackers, etc.
- We need the environment around us because it helps all organisms, including humans, plants and animals, to survive.
- The environment provides air to breathe, water to drink, food to eat, medicines for when we are sick and also all the material we need to use for building our homes and all other structures like schools and hospitals.
- If we don’t take care to save the environment, all of the resources we get from the environment will disappear too and none of the organisms on earth will be able to survive.
- To save the environment, we must plant more and more trees, we should always throw our trash in a dustbin rather than on the floor, we should make sure we always switch off lights and fans when we are not using them, etc.
- It is important to save the environment because it provides us with a home, and we should treat it in the best way that we can.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Save Environment for School Children
The following set of 10 lines on save environment for kids of middle school will be suitable for classes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
- The environment refers to all the natural components of the earth that surround us, including all the water bodies, plants like shrubs, trees and flowers, the air, etc.
- Human activities contribute highly to the corruption and pollution of the environment, which is harmful to all the living beings which depend on it.
- The four kinds of pollution are air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution and noise pollution, each of which is harmful to the environment and the organisms living in that environment.
- An example of air pollution is the smoke that comes out from the chimneys of factories which goes into the atmosphere.
- An example of water pollution would be the dumping of waste in rivers and lakes close to cities or industrial areas.
- The dumping of garbage and toxic waste on barren lands is also an example of soil pollution.
- Vehicles on the road which are constantly honking and the whirring of machines in factories are two major examples of noise pollution.
- All kinds of pollution cause some or the other harm to the environment, and this is not good because the environment provides us with all the resources that all living beings need to survive.
- Some individual ways in which we can protect and save the environment is by not littering our roads, using less electricity wherever we can, carpooling or using public transport instead of using multiple cars, etc.
- It is incredibly important to implement ways in our lives which will save the environment because day by day, the pollution is increasing and we need to battle it to save the natural resources which come from the environment.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Save Environment for Higher Class Students
This set of 10 lines on save environment for kids of senior school is suitable for classes 10, 11 and 12.
- The environment refers to all of our surroundings, but in a narrower sense, it refers to all of our natural surroundings, such as trees, bushes, shrubs, rivers, seas, lakes, the air that we breathe, and all other resources found in nature.
- Day by day, the levels of pollution in our environment keep on increasing due to activities conducted by human beings, which is not good for the rest of the living beings that live in the environment, such as birds, insects, amphibians, and other animals.
- The four kinds of pollution are widely known, and they are air, water, soil and noise pollution, all of which affect the environment – even noise pollution is harmful to plants and animals (alongside humans) because noise can hinder the growth of plants and it can traumatise animals.
- There are several common factors which contribute to the various kinds of pollution, such as industries and factories, which contribute to soil, water, air as well as noise pollution and are considered highly harmful for the environment.
- Vehicles on the road release fumes which can be intoxicating, alongside loud honking noises, thus the functioning of road vehicles severely contribute to air pollution and noise pollution.
- While industrialisation is usually considered synonymous with development, the side effects of industry and factory work are generally extremely harmful to the environment, especially when the waste is not treated before being let out into the water bodies and bodies of land in an area.
- There are several ways in which an individual can make a change in one’s own life to inculcate greener habits and choices in order to do better for the environment, and this includes reducing one’s carbon footprint and reducing the amount of per capita waste generated in a country.
- A carbon footprint refers to the amount of carbon waste released into the environment by an individual, and this can be reduced when a person chooses greener methods to travel such as walking, cycling or using public transport rather than driving a car alone.
- Per capita waste refers to the amount of waste generated by a single person in a country in a given year, and the higher this value is, the higher the amount of waste that has been generated by the whole country, and keeping this amount low is imperative to protect and save our environment.
- It is highly vital to recognise the different ways in which one contributes to environmental pollution and figure out ways to battle the same to protect and save environment by doing our level best.
Frequently Asked Questions on Save Environment
What is a carbon footprint?
A carbon footprint refers to the amount of carbon waste generated by an individual, and it increases the more we use practices which are harmful to the environment such as travelling in a car alone, which burns a lot of fossil fuels for just one person. Rather, if we carpool in one car, the carbon footprint of all the people travelling in that car will be less compared to if one person was travelling alone.
What can I do to save the environment?
On an individual level, we can do several things to save the environment. We can switch to more environmentally friendly options in terms of the different ways in which we can do things. For example, using public transport, using biodegradable products instead of plastic, carrying cloth bags to the grocery store, taking part in tree plantation drives, etc.
Why is it important to save the environment?
The environment is all around us and it includes the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat, etc. and this doesn’t just hold true for humans, but for all living beings that are on the planet earth. We all collectively depend on the environment to provide us with the bare necessities of life, which is it is important to protect and save it.
Explain pollution with examples.
Pollution refers to when the environment gets contaminated by harmful substances which are generally the result of human activity. There are four kinds of pollution:
- Air pollution: For example, the fumes from the burning of fossil fuels, the smoke from factories, etc.
- Water pollution: For example, the toxic untreated wastes flowing into rivers and seas, civilian garbage being dumped in water bodies, etc.
- Soil pollution: For example, huge garbage dumps, littered streets, land becoming barren and losing fertility due to toxic chemicals like factory waste seeping into the soil, etc.
- Noise pollution: Noise pollution doesn’t only affect and annoy humans, but it also hinders the growth of plants and traumatises animals. For example, the sound of firecrackers, vehicles honking on the roads, etc.