10 Lines on Sachin Tendulkar: The name Sachin Tendulkar is enough to describe the personality in the field of cricket. He is termed to be the god of cricket and is also known by the name of Master Blaster. He was one of the rarest breeds of cricketers who have made his debut at a very tender age of 16 years.
The Mumbai born cricketer became famous when he shared an enormous partnership of 664 runs in cricket with Vinod Kambli. The greatest batsman holds the record for making the highest number of runs in both the Test and One-day International Cricket formats.
Enhance your vocabulary and writing skills with 10 Lines Essays available. Spark up the creativity in you and access various Topics on 10 Lines all in one place.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Sachin Tendulkar for kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The full name of Sachin Tendulkar is Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar.
- Sachin Tendulkar was born in the year 1973 on April 24th.
- Sachin was guided by coach Ramakant Achrekar when he joined him at the age of 11 in 1984.
- Sachin holds the record for scoring a century in his debut match of Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy, and Deodhar Trophy.
- In 1989, Sachin made his debut against Pakistan at the age of 16 on November 15th.
- Sachin Tendulkar has played six ODI world cups.
- Sachin holds the record for being the highest run-scorer in test matches.
- He is also known for being the highest run-scorer in ODI cricket.
- Sachin has played only one T20 international match in his 24years long carrier.
- Sachin Tendulkar played his last match against West Indies in November 2013.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Sachin Tendulkar for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Sachin Tendulkar has played 200 Test matches and is the only Cricketer to achieve this feat.
- The total number of matches played by him accounts for 664.
- He is also the highest run-scoring batsman of all time with 34,357 international runs.
- Sachin holds the record for being the only batsman to score 100 centuries in his carrier.
- He is also on the record books for scoring the most numbers of half-centuries that account for 164.
- Sachin is the first batsman in the world to score a double century in Day matches.
- Apart from making runs, Sachin also has 154 One Day wickets and 46 Test match wickets.
- He has been recognized as the second greatest batsman of all time after Sir Don Bradman by Wisden.
- Sachin holds the record for scoring the greatest number of runs as an opener and Sourav Ganguly in the ODI format.
- He also has the record for scoring the most runs in a single World Cup in 1996 with 673 runs in the tournament.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Sachin Tendulkar for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- In 2010, Sachin featured in the Times magazine in the list of the hundred most influential people worldwide.
- In his initial days, Sachin Tendulkar wanted to become a tennis player as he always had an attraction towards the game of John McEnroe.
- In the year 2012, Sachin was nominated for the Rajya Sabha or the upper house of the Parliament.
- He was awarded the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for the Cricketer of the year award in 2010 by ICC.
- Sachin was awarded Arjuna Award in 1994, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 1997, and Padma Shri & Padma Vibhusan Awards respectively in the years 1998 and 2008.
- He was also awarded the highest civilian award, Bharat Ratna, in the year 2013 after his complete retirement from his cricketing carrier.
- Sachin is the first sportsperson to receive the honourable rank of Group Captain by the Indian Air Force.
- The honorary award of the “Member of the Order of Australia” in the year 2012.
- Sachin holds the record of playing Test matches as well as One Day matches.
- He also holds the record for being the highest scorer in both formats of the game.
Frequently Asked Questions on Sachin Tendulkar
What is the highest ODI score of Sachin Tendulkar?
The highest ODI score of Sachin Tendulkar is 200 not out against the South African Team in 2010. He is also the 1st batsman to achieve the feat.
How many matches has Sachin played throughout his career?
Sachin has played 664 International matches that include 200 Test Matches, 463 ODI Matches, and 1 T20I match.