10 Lines on My School: School is the one of the two primary places that a child spends most of his or her time in, with the first one being the child’s home. Thus, it is of imperative importance that a student feels comfortable in the school.
School is where children learn their ABCs, 123s, and whatnot, and it is one of the most important experiences that any of us must ever have in our lives. School begins with teaching us our basic language, and then moves slowly to the levels of gaining deeper understandings of the different subjects that we all study by the end of class 12.
The role of school in any child’s life is to equipt the child with the skills and knowledge required to face the world. What we learn in school and how we learn this in our schools remains the base for whatever else we do in life. Everything we eventually boil down to our schooling, thus it is so very important. Here are a few sets of 10 lines on my school, which will help you formulate essays and other writings on your school.
Enhance your vocabulary and writing skills with 10 Lines Essays available. Spark up the creativity in you and access various Topics on 10 Lines all in one place.
Set 1 – 10 lines on My School for kids
This set of 10 Lines on My School for junior school will be suitable for children or students in classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- My school is where I go to everyday to learn new things.
- My school is called Bishop Cotton School and is located in the heart of the city where I live.
- There are four Houses in my school, which are blue house, red house, orange house and yellow house.
- The uniform in my school is green and white, but we have to wear our House t-shirt every Friday.
- My school has a huge ground where people can play football and cricket, and there is also a tennis court and basketball court.
- We have Sports Day every year where we can win lots of prizes for our Houses and even take a trophy home.
- My school has a lot of inter-school tournaments for all the sports.
- My school also has many events which are not related to sports such as fashion show, dance competitions, singing competitions, spelling bee, debate, etc. where students from other schools also come.
- The library in my school is big and has a big balcony where we can all sit and read.
- With our normal classes we also have moral studies classes in my school where we are told about the importance of having good values.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on My School for School Children
This set of 10 Lines on My School for middle school will be suitable for students in classes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
- School is the most important place that students go to in their lives.
- My school is Dealy Public School and it is located amidst a busy town on the outskirts of the city.
- In school, there are not only classes, but also many extracurricular and cocurricular activities that we should take part in.
- Since my school is located on teh outskirts of the city, there is a lot of space available and it has many sports facilities, such as badminton, basketball, tennis, football, volleyball, cricket, etc.
- There are many societies in school which one can join, including the debate society, MUN society, performing arts society, fine arts society, etc.
- My school has four houses, which are Narmada House (blue house), Kaveri House (green house), Godavari House (yellow house) and Sindhu House (red house).
- On Sports Day, all four houses in my school fight for the main trophy and lots of people win medals in various events.
- My school’s Annual Day is conducted in December every year, where there are dance performances, musical performances, plays and dramas, etc.
- The library in my school has a huge collection of books ranging from science fiction, romance, drama and mysteries to all kinds of textbooks and reference books.
- My school has the boards CBSE as well as Cambridge and students can choose which one they would like to take.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on My School for Higher Class Students
This set of 10 Lines on My School for senior school will be suitable for students in classes 10, 11 and 12.
- School is a place where each individual must go compulsorily because it provides us with the knowledge and skills that are going to be the basis for our entire lives.
- Getting an education in school is not only about learning things from books, but it is also about learning how and when to utilise the same in our actual lives.
- Every school is required to have a social outreach programme, a moral values programme, and other such programmes to instill life skills in students before the enter the world when they leave class 12.
- My school has several co-curricular and extra-curricular activities for students to partake in, in order to ensure a holistic educational experience for all.
- My school often organises several inter-school competitions where students from other schools can come and participate in dance and singing contests, painting competitions, sports tournaments, debate competitions, Model UN conferences, etc.
- The sports ground on my school is there to play football and cricket, and beside it there are basketball, volleyball and tennis courts, while the building next to the ground has a huge badminton court inside and also a few chess boards.
- Every year, on Sports Day, students battle it out amongst each other for who will get the highest number of medals and which house will get the final trophy, and it is fun to participate as well as to watch the events.
- The library in my school has a hug selection books, with various genres as well as a huge number of academic research papers, reference books, papers written by teachers in our school, etc.
- The school plans a camping trip for each class every year to add to the hollistic schooling experience, where we stay in tents and cook our own food.
- My school has a lot of events where many famous public speakers come to address the students, which gives us all a lot of insight and inspiration.
Frequently Asked Questions on My School
Why is school so important?
School is perhaps one of the most important experiences that any of us should successfully have under our belts. The importance of school lies in that it provides us with the knowledge and skill we need to build a base for our lives, and it also provides us with other important life skills in one consolidated place which we will not be able to get anywhere else. School also helps us find people our own age who we can be friends with, and this is important as well.
What are houses in school?
Some schools divide all of their students into what we call Houses. While most schools have about four houses, there may also be schools which have more than four. All houses have different colours, and they act as a team in terms of intra-school competitions and such events. Being in a house in a school builds a kind of team-spirit which is important for individuals to have from a young age.
What are extracurricular and cocurricular activities?
Extracurricular activities are those activities which we partake in when we are in an educational institute like school, which do not necessarily help with our academics in any way, such as art, music, etc. Cocurricular activities are those activities which we do in schools which, in some way, help with our academics, such as debate and MUNs, because they help our knowledge in some subjects in school.
What are the qualities which we can learn at school other than studies?
Schools are not only responsible for our studies, but they also teach us several qualities which we should take with us through life. School teaches us the qualities of cleanliness, punctuality, obedience, etc.