10 Lines on Lion: Lion, which also goes by the scientific name of Panthera Leo is an animal of the Kingdom Animalia. The lion belongs to the Felidae family of species. Lions are the creatures of the jungle or forests. Their natural habitat is the deep forest covers. The lion is an animal of great strength and power and is considered the King of the jungle. The lion is a flesh-eating animal and is a member of the carnivore family. Lions live in dens and are habituated of eating by preying on other animals of the jungle.
A fully grown male lion can measure up to 184-208 cm in length, whereas a female lion can measure up to 160-184 cms in length. Female lions are shorter than male lions. Lions are social animals, and they live in groups. A group of lions is called a pride. They hunt in pride and prey on large mammals. The lion is considered the apex predator of the jungle.
Lions are found mainly in Africa and Asia. They live in the grasslands and savannas. Lions are day animals, but in some cases, they can be active even at night. Lions signify strength, power, and courage. Kings used to hunt lions and keep their skins to show the competitors their power and fearlessness in ancient times.
Lions have a muscular build, deep-chested body, and they have a tuft at the end of their tail. Male lions have an eminent mane. Lions have long and sharp teeth, that helps them to tear through the flesh of other animals. The Lion’s symbol is one of the most recognized symbols in human culture, which signifies fearlessness and bravery.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Lion for kids
This set of 10 Lines On Lion is for kids of class 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. It will help them to know about lions.
- The Lion is one of the strongest animals belonging to the animal kingdom.
- Lion lives in temperate grasslands and is considered as the King of the Jungle.
- Lions have a high hunting capacity, and they prey on other animals of the jungle.
- Lions are social animals, and they prefer to live in groups called Pride.
- A Pride of lion consists of few male lions, few female lions and a few cubs.
- Lions have a healthy body, they have a tuft at the end of the tail, and male lions have an eminent mane.
- A lion has four legs and paws, which are healthy and robust.
- The roar of a lion is so loud that it can be heard from a distance of eight kilometres.
- A Male is called the lion, and a female lion is called the Lioness.
- The lion symbolises courage, bravery and power.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Lion for School Children
This set is for the students of class 6, 7, and 8. Here we have provided some more details of the lion, which would help the students learn about the animal.
- Lions are the strongest and the most courageous animal of the animal kingdom. It is known as the King of the jungle.
- Lions are considered as the most fierce animal. They are the apex predators of the jungle.
- Lions socialise and hunt in groups called Pride. They have both female and male in the group and also have cubs.
- Lions are known to have long sharp teeth that help them to catch and tear through the flesh of the prey.
- Male lions can grow up to 184 – 208 cm in length, and female can measure 160 – 184 cm in length.
- A lion is a protector of its group and food, and they attack all the other animals who try to attack their group.
- A lion can live up to the age of 14 years.
- The symbol of Lion is the most used symbol in human culture. Lions are used on flags, sculptures and paintings to signify pride and courage.
- Lions are mainly found in parts of Africa and Asia. They inhabit in grasslands.
- In a Pride of lions, the female lions go hunting, and the male lions stay behind to protect the group.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Lion for Higher Class Students
This set is specially provided here for class 9, 10, 11, and 12. Here we have provided some more details of Lions.
- The Lion is an animal of strength and power, and therefore they are the King of the jungle. Lions belong to the Felidae family of species and go by the scientific name Panthera Leo.
- Lions have a healthy body, with muscles, round head, round ears, and a tuft at the end of their tails.
- The lions have strong paws with sharp nails which allow them to get hold of the prey. They also have Long sharp teeth that help them to tear through the flesh of other animals.
- An adult male lion can weigh 160 – 225 Kilograms, whereas a female lion can weigh 110 – 150 Kilograms.
- Lions prefer to stay in groups. The female of the group goes for hunting, while the male stays back and protects the other members of the group.
- There are nearly ten sub-species of lions found across the world. The largest of which is the South African Lion.
- Today, there are approximately 20000 – 30000 lions in the world and 650 out of which are living in India.
- Lions live in dens, caves or grasslands. They are active throughout the day and sometimes during the nights also.
- Besides from jungles, lions can also be found in zoos and wildlife sanctuaries.
- Lions are reducing in numbers because of hunting. They need to be conserved and protected. Our government has implemented many rules and punishments for lion poaching.
Frequently Asked Questions on Lion
Where can we find Lions?
Lions prefer living in caves or dens in grasslands or savannahs. They are found in parts of Eurasia, Africa and North America. Besides this, we can also see lions in zoos and wildlife sanctuaries.
Why is the lion used as symbols in human culture?
Lions are the strongest animals of the animal kingdom. They have great strength and power. The symbolism of the lion is famous in the human culture because, it signifies, fearlessness, courage and Pride.
Describe the Physical features of a lion.
Lions have a strong physique. They have rugged muscular build with a deep-chested body. The paws of a lion are healthy and powerful, and they have long sharp nails and teeth that help them capture and tear through the flesh of their prey. The males of the group have an eminent mane. The darker the colour of the mane, the older is the lion.
What is the population of Lion?
There are approximately 20000 – 30000 lions all over the world, out of which 650-700 lions are present in India.