10 Lines on India: India is a country situated in the south region of Asia. It is considered as the largest democracy and 2nd largest country based on population. India is bounded by countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, and Sri Lanka. Three water bodies surround the south-west, south, and south-east part of India.
India is a country of numerous languages and religions. People from every religion live here peacefully with others. India is well-known all around the world for mouth-watering foods, festivals, and different cultures. New Delhi is the capital of India.
Enhance your vocabulary and writing skills with 10 Lines Essays available. Spark up the creativity in you and access various Topics on 10 Lines all in one place.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on India for kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- India holds the 2nd rank of highest populated countries among all the countries in the world.
- India is the seventh-largest country in the world based on land area.
- People of almost all religions live in India peacefully.
- Several countries, oceans, seas, hills, and mountains surround the country of India.
- India became free on 15th August, in 1947.
- The first prime minister of independent India was Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- India’s first president was Rajendra Prasad.
- India is a cricket-playing country and has won three world cups.
- Rabindranath Tagore is the writer of India’s national anthem.
- India is the land of literature, science, and art.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on India for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- India is the largest democracy globally and is considered the 2nd largest based on population.
- India is surrounded by countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka.
- India consists of 28 states and eight union territories that are run by the central government directly.
- India was once under the British Empire’s rule and got its independence on 15th August 1947, almost after 200 years of being colonized.
- India’s festivals, cultural and natural beauties, mouth-watering dishes attract people from almost all parts of the world.
- There are 447 native languages in India that are spoken by Indian citizens.
- Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay wrote India’s national song, known as “Vande Mataram,” while Rabindranath Tagore is the writer of India’s national anthem, “Jana Gana Mana.
- India holds the 3rd rank in the world based on the no. of army troops.
- The currency of India is called Indian Rupee.
- India’s capital is New Delhi.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on India for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- India is the world’s seventh-largest country that is situated in the south-eastern part of Asia.
- Sacrifices of lives by many great Indian leaders brought India’s independence on 15th August 1947, from the British Raj.
- The first prime minister and president of independent India were Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and Rajendra Prasad, respectively.
- The natural beauty of different places in India is so mesmerizing that people worldwide visit India.
- People of different religions, different castes all live in India together peacefully.
- India is a United Nations, SAARC, WTO, SCO, G4 nations, Group of Five, G8 + 5, Commonwealth of Nations, and G20.
- India’s government is known as the Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Republic, and two houses of India’s legislature, i.e., parliament, are Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
- According to various historians’ research, modern humans came to the Indian subcontinent from the African continent almost 55 thousand years ago and started their occupation here.
- Indus Valley Civilization was gradually evolved on the Indus river banks, and the name of our country, “India,” came from that civilization.
- The national bird of India, the peacock, bears a symbol of how colorful India is.
Frequently Asked Questions on India
Explain the geographical condition of India.
India is surrounded by countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Three huge water bodies that surround our country India from the south-western, south, and south-eastern side. The long-range of The Himalayas surrounds the northern part of India. The Himalayas also protect India from enemy attacks.
How is India ruled?
India is a democratic country where the Prime Minister controls everything. Above him, there is a president who is required to pass some specific bills made in Lok Sabha. Each of the 28 Indian states has a chief minister who takes care of his/her state’s development. The Prime Minister and President’s office are in New Delhi, India’s capital and most of the rules and regulations are made there.
What is the ranking of India based on population?
India holds the 2nd rank in the world based on the population.
Name the first prime minister of independent India?
The first prime minister of independent India was Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.